Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 17th June 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yeah...I'll believe it when I actually SEE it over the house. Posted Image

Mornin each. Boring night, boring morning.....weather is booooooooring. Posted Image I'm becoming increasingly frustrated and bitterly disappointed with these French storms and channels and things.

Have a good day everyone. Posted Image

Be careful what you wish for K ....

post-10773-0-55773500-1371728637_thumb.j

Posted Image

Is it lunchtime yet ....I've got some rusty bread and chilli cheese so I think I'll have a picnic in the garden and enjoy half hours P&Q 

Posted
Everything heading off into the North Sea and Europe again?

Posted Image

GFS for late afternoon has the storm just at the edge of Kent, but I bet that will be more to the East later too:

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Very dark here but no rain, thunder etc, wind died down and it's feeling quite sultry now even though its 20C.

Posted

Very dark here but no rain, thunder etc, wind died down and it's feeling quite sultry now even though its 20C.

Been like that since 8.00 am here, quite unacceptable in my opinion Posted Image

Posted

Well it looks like I now have to eat my hat lol Posted Image

You can share my ploughman's if your that hungry Tom Posted Image

Posted

Looks like some intense rain for East Anglia later today into tomorrow:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Been like that since 8.00 am here, quite unacceptable in my opinion Posted Image

It's definitely a bit odd. When skies are so dark it's normally a) an eclipse, b) a mega downpour or c) twilight. As its none of those I'm slightly perturbed!

Posted

It's definitely a bit odd. When skies are so dark it's normally a) an eclipse, Posted Image a mega downpour or c) twilight. As its none of those I'm slightly perturbed!

It's the dampening of sound by this blanket of cloud that is so odd.

Posted

Be careful what you wish for K ....

Posted Imagehome-lightning-safety-med.jpg

Posted Image

Is it lunchtime yet ....I've got some rusty bread and chilli cheese so I think I'll have a picnic in the garden and enjoy half hours P&Q 

How old is it??!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

How old is it??!!

Computer-coloured from an old black and white original, I reckon...Posted Image 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Just had some big, ploppy spots of rain here and it's muggy and quite dark. I wish we could have what parts of Germany got last night. Ah, for the 80s and 90s type storms. :(

Posted

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Greater London, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Medway, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Portsmouth, Reading, Slough, Southampton, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead & Wokingham

Yellow Warning of Rain for East of England :

Bedford, Cambridgeshire, Central Bedfordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Luton, Norfolk, Peterborough, Southend-on-Sea, Suffolk & Thurrock

There is a low risk of isolated thunderstorms breaking out today across central and eastern England along with parts of east Wales, giving some intense downpours. These could give 15-25 mm of rain within an hour and 40 mm within 3 hours very locally. However many places could miss the worst of these.

The public should be aware of the risk of localised surface water flooding.

This is the an update to the warning issued yesterday to include most of the Midlands, Lincolnshire and parts of Yorkshire along with parts of east and central Wales

Issued at:

1146 on Thu 20 Jun 2013

Valid from:

0005 on Thu 20 Jun 2013

Valid to:

2355 on Thu 20 Jun 201

An unstable, warm and humid airmass originating from the continent will cover the region today. In these situations, developments are very finely balanced as to whether heavy showers or thunderstorms will break out or not.  Although many places may miss the worst, where thunderstorms do occur they could give locally torrential downpours.

Further heavy showers or outbreaks of heavy thundery rain could occur across eastern parts of England on Friday. These are more likely in the early hours of Friday into Friday morning.  There is a low risk of intense thundery downpours giving locally 15-20 mm in an hour and 30-40 mm in 3 hours. These should largely ease from the west during the morning, although further scattered thundery showers are possible on Friday afternoon. However these are less likely to lead to any disruption.

Issued at:

1210 on Thu 20 Jun 2013

Valid from:

0005 on Fri 21 Jun 2013

Valid to:

0900 on Fri 21 Jun 2013

The warm, humid continental airmass will persist across eastern England into the first part of Friday and there remains the possibility of further localised intense downpours occurring. However, the situation remains finely-balanced and there is considerable uncertainty as to the extent of the showers or thunderstorms. Please monitor the website for any further updates.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=uk&from=rss&sn=EA525686-453D-8044-68AD-613209EB680A_1_EE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&fcTime=1371769200

Posted

. I wish we could have what parts of Germany got last night. . Posted Image

So do I, K, so do I......

post-3098-0-12847300-1371730167_thumb.jp

Posted

Downgrade alert!

So do I, K, so do I......

Posted Imagebeer festival.jpg

Two good reasons why it's not good to be a sauerkraut?

Posted

Afternoon all,

Very heavy grey cloud, humid and utterly still. Feels oppressive. Few spits and spots of rain. Almost eerie

Hello Jan, it's pretty similar here at the office in Harefield, although we have just had a slightly more meaningful, albeit very brief, shower.  I wish the weather would get on and do something interesting!

AS

Posted

Thick sea fog here in Brighton. Slight breeze coming off the sea dragging the fog further inland.

Generally quite horrible outside...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

I think we should all meet up and travel to France (or Germany) for a spot of chasing. Because we aren't going to be doing much here.

Ok......I hope we don't get any T Storms because I don't like them.....they are awful, loud scary things. Don't come to EA or Ipswich, Thor. Stay away. (Ill try anything)

Posted

It's getting darker all the while...high-level convection?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Off to sunny Guildford in a mo, no doubt you'll have some serious storms in EA now :D

Be good, be stormy haha!!

Posted

Afternoon all,

Very heavy grey cloud, humid and utterly still. Feels oppressive. Few spits and spots of rain. Almost eerie

Hi Jan, hope you're OK?

Looking at he cloud it doesn't look like it's going anywhere, very little wind around here.

post-6667-0-74533700-1371732229_thumb.gi

Edited by Coast

Posted

Hi Rob,

Health is one step forward, two steps back (is that a waltz) Posted Image  at the moment, but I'll get there. How are you?

Awwww, sorry to hear that, keep yer pecker up and enjoy the mad weather we are having though. I'm OK ta, had a pulse the last time I checked (just) :unsure: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Spitting with rain here but the sky just doesn't give that thundery vibe, it just looks like the typical Atlantic front stuff. So probably just steady rain and a cool breeze off the sea.