Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 2nd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

Just for you m'dear:

You Tube is blocked at work - all I see is a big pink square telling me the website has been blocked in accordance with Trust policy Posted Image

Posted

You Tube is blocked at work - all I see is a big pink square telling me the website has been blocked in accordance with Trust policy Posted Image

I'll e-mail you the MP3 Leeanne :good:

Posted

Morning m'dear.  I'm hoping that my allotment application comes through for a plot. Its literally five minutes on foot for me, so ideal for getting some veggies, herbs and fruit grownPosted Image

Hi Tams,

Good luck with the application. You can't beat the taste of home grown fruit and veg Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all, been a cooler and cloudy day so far here, even had very light drizzle for a while earlier.  Means my plans for today have changed, was going to a nature reserve to get piccies, but since it is cooler I am doing house work instead as it has been far to warm recently to do it.

Posted

It's clouding over here where I work in London Posted Image

Yet we have the brightest, clearest day of the week here and I'm squinting to see the screen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Walked part of my route to work today, anybody who knows the road up from Elmstead Woods to Sundridge Park, that's a steady climb and certainly got the blood pumping. Trying to enjoy being out in the nice weather while it lasts, stuck in the office until 9.30 tonight, so nice to get some fresh air before work.

Still looking good for next week thankfully, plenty to do, so hope it stays fine.

Hope you're all having a lovely day, whatever you may be doing.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

Hope you're all having a lovely day, whatever you may be doing.

Thanks Tom, I am but more because of the thought of getting out of here and doing something nice later TBH!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Good news for those inland, the cloud has lift and is starting to break up even on the coast, so should clear up well away from here.

Posted

Good news for those inland, the cloud has lift and is starting to break up even on the coast, so should clear up well away from here.

Still cloudy here, but hopefully soon it will lift/break.

Posted

There's a lovely cooling breeze to go with the sunshine today, almost perfect out there in Sussex.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Afternoon all.Posted Image

Just home from a 20 mile walk.

A big mistake really, as my sedentary, overindulgent lifestyle over the last month meant I found the last third very tough. Now have cramp in my legs. I guess I'll need to eat some crappy food, full of salt, to rectify the problem. A pot noodle beckons.Posted Image  Back to square one (nearly)...Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Sun is out now, but still plenty of cloud. However...it's very pleasant. I feel a bit yukky today so I'm not my best. Does anyone else ever feel like that when a trip and meeting strangers is looming. It's very annoying and ridiculous. :( I hate leaving my comfort zone with a passion.

Edited by Keraunophile

Posted

Sun is out now, but still plenty of cloud. However...it's very pleasant. I feel a bit yukky today so I'm not my best. Does anyone else ever feel like that when a trip and meeting strangers is looming. It's very annoying and ridiculous. Posted Image I hate leaving my comfort zone with a passion.

nope, not just you, I am the same, like to be home, you know where you are and where it is.

Posted

A pot noodle beckons.Posted Image

Posted Image

Does anyone else ever feel like that when a trip and meeting strangers is looming. It's very annoying and ridiculous. Posted Image I hate leaving my comfort zone with a passion.

You'll be fine, just expand the boundary of your comfort zone and smile!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Posted Image

It's okay, I've decided on beans on toast. Plenty of salt in that.Posted Image  I've never had cramp like that before. Age marches onPosted Image

Weather was clear blue skies in my area until just after 9. It then completely clouded up for a couple of hours, followed by sunny intervals / periods. All in all not too bad, if unspectacular.

Posted

Age marches onPosted Image

I wouldn't know anything about that Posted Image

Edited by Coast

Posted

I quite like a not poodle Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Sun is out now, but still plenty of cloud. However...it's very pleasant. I feel a bit yukky today so I'm not my best. Does anyone else ever feel like that when a trip and meeting strangers is looming. It's very annoying and ridiculous. Posted Image I hate leaving my comfort zone with a passion.

That would be why I always refuse, whenever a 'drive' is suggested...

Posted

I can really relate to it - don't think you are the only one that feels that way, I know I do - wish I wasn't that way, but unless someone zaps me with self confidence, I think I will always be like it Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Strong sunshine now, and not too hot at 19C...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Afternoon all. 95% cloud cover now, and it feels very close and muggy. Hope the sun makes another appearance this afternoon / evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

The sun is out again here after a cloudy morning - it hasn't spoilt what so far has been a perfect day (apart from the parking ticket ! Oops)

Just trying to get motivated to go for a nice long walk along the grand union, it won't be 20 miles though Steve!

Posted

What! here must be the cloudy *hot spot* then, buggerall sunshine all day.

The sun is out again here after a cloudy morning - it hasn't spoilt what so far has been a perfect day (apart from the parking ticket ! Oops)Just trying to get motivated to go for a nice long walk along the grand union, it won't be 20 miles though Steve!

you do realise that this recent trend to collect points will not get you a glass tumbler...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Afternoon all.Posted Image

Just home from a 20 mile walk.

A big mistake really, as my sedentary, overindulgent lifestyle over the last month meant I found the last third very tough. Now have cramp in my legs. I guess I'll need to eat some crappy food, full of salt, to rectify the problem. A pot noodle beckons.Posted Image  Back to square one (nearly)...Posted Image

Wow Steve, my little 3 mile jaunt from Chislehurst to Bromley North felt long enough today. On the subject of walking in the N.W.Kent area, really enjoy doing the walk from Eynsford to Otford, via Shoreham, along the Darent Valley, very nice. That's a 10 mile round trip.

Have also done the walk from the top of Westerham Hill round to Eynsford, around about a 10 mile walk too, a few times. Lovely scenery on offer from the ridge of the North Downs around and down into the valley at Shoreham, would really recommend it!

Tom.