Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 2nd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

Typical!!!  I get a day at home.. Lovely sunshine, nice breeze,  radio on, sunbed out, and a glass of ribena, couldn't ask for anything better.. NO!! BLOODY COUNCIL VANS TURN UP AND START DRILLING UP THE FRICKEN ROAD FOR NEW DRAINS, RIGHT OUTSIDE MY HOUSE... wheres my hose pipe!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Morning all. Another stunning start to the day here. Going by the forecasts I have seen, it looks like the sun is here to stay for a while :-)

Only downside to today is that I have been relocated to a new office with no windows.... Looks like I will have to wait until lunch to see the sun.

Have a good one all....

Posted

Morning all. Another stunning start to the day here. Going by the forecasts I have seen, it looks like the sun is here to stay for a while :-)Only downside to today is that I have been relocated to a new office with no windows.... Looks like I will have to wait until lunch to see the sun.Have a good one all....

Morning Leigh,

Make sure you get out in it this lunchtime then :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Looks like I'm the only one suffering from low cloud syndrome today Posted Image

Can literally see clears skies just to the west of Yarmouth. One of these days I think

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin me little pick -n-mixes. Already 66f here in The Swich. Off to Lowestoft later so it may be a tad cooler.

Have a good day, everyone. And keep cool and stay sun safe. :D

Ps....every time I try to attatch a photo, they are either upside down or on their side. Why might that be please? And how to put it right.

Posted

Mornin me little pick -n-mixes. Ps....every time I try to attatch a photo, they are either upside down or on their side. Why might that be please? And how to put it right.

Morning Grace! 

I think you may be posting directly from a phone, camera or tablet which automatically puts pictures in the correct orientation when you view them on the device. Unfortunately the format you took it in (possibly portrait?) doesn't change in the actual picture properties so you need to do a bit of work rotating them in a suitable software package first, before you post them.

If you add photos to your own NW gallery, you have the option to rotate them before you publish them. :good: 

Posted

Morning Leigh,Make sure you get out in it this lunchtime then :good:

Hi Coast. That's one of my top priorities for today... The weather is too nice to worry about work :-)

Posted

I believe gin clear is the term for the blue sky this morning. A bit of a cool breeze at 9am with car temperature showing 17, but I am sure it's warmed up now, although I'll be regretting what I wish for when it's time for my lunch time walk around the running track if it's anything like as hot as yesterday (and I'm not only talking about the athletes doing their 100 metres training sans shirts!).

Hope everyone enjoys the fab weather today:)

Edited by Reefseeker

Posted

I believe gin clear is the term for the blue sky this morning. 

That conjurers up two lovely lovely thoughts Rs, wish I wasn't stuck here now at work  :lol: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Think I've fixed it, Coast.

Yeeesssss!!!

Anyway...it has been a great week up to now. That's me in the orange shirt with sister and my neice's daughter, Alice.

post-17085-0-19995100-1373365010_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Cloud breaking up now. The garden is turning into a sparrow graveyard now. One of our cats keeps killing then :(

Posted

That conjurers up two lovely lovely thoughts Rs, wish I wasn't stuck here now at work  Posted Image

Yes, I did choose that term rather carefully, with wistful thoughts, the blue sky I can see right outside, however the gin......

Posted

Yes, I did choose that term rather carefully, with wistful thoughts, the blue sky I can see right outside, however the gin......

Same here, but I do have a very vivid imagination 

Posted Image

Posted

Same here, but I do have a very vivid imagination 

Posted Image

I'll print off the pic and stick it to the window:):)

Posted

Another good reason to stay in our region today:

UK flights restricted by computer problems

Nats handles more than 6,000 flights at day across the UK The number of aircraft flying and taking off in southern England has been restricted because of air traffic control computer problems.Nats, the national air traffic control body, said UK airspace was not shut, nor were all flights in and out of the UK suspended - as one airport had said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23241791

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Afternoon all,

From a roasting Croydon, back in the sweatbox today after a glorious day off yesterday. Managed to get the back garden done, the postage stamp of a front garden, can wait a bit longer.

Had dinner outside yesterday and lovely it was too. Then Antony, Hayley and I,  had a spot of putting and attempted to play a bit of darts too but unfortunately the Safety Darts I bought, don't actually stick in the board, well only 1 throw in 3. We were trying to play "Around the Clock" and if we hadn't called a halt to proceedings at 9, would've probably taken 24 hours, didn't think it meant we'd be playing around the clock. timewise!

The safety dart game is a Chad Valley product, who I believe have their H/Q in Milton Keynes. So Miss Snow Angel, if you can tear yourself away from the lake, could you possibly pop in there and demand my money back please.

Hope this weather can hold on until the following week, when I have the first of my summer weeks off.

Hope you all have a lovely afternoon.

Regards,

Tom. Posted Image

Edited by TomBR7

Posted

Afternoon all,

Hope this weather can hold on until the following week, when I have the first of my summer weeks off.

'Noon Tom!

Fingers crossed for you, you deserve it particulariy this year buddy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Thank you Rob,

Btw, have you finished with Jans' nurses uniform, I do believe it's my turn now?

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

Btw, have you finished with Jans' nurses uniform, I do believe it's my turn now?

She's got a very interesting wardrobe you now, you should expand your horizons! :lol: 

(you know what I mean Jan Posted Image  )

An indicated 25.5°C here in Mid Sussex and I very reluctantly came back into the office after soaking up some rays outside. Watch the 5.00pm rush tonight out of all the towns and business premises in our region!

Posted

feeling today that this is the best day of the lot so far virtually no breeze air con working in the office.... blue blue skies nothing better in gods green country

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Afternoon all,

From a roasting Croydon, back in the sweatbox today after a glorious day off yesterday. Managed to get the back garden done, the postage stamp of a front garden, can wait a bit longer.

Had dinner outside yesterday and lovely it was too. Then Antony, Hayley and I,  had a spot of putting and attempted to play a bit of darts too but unfortunately the Safety Darts I bought, don't actually stick in the board, well only 1 throw in 3. We were trying to play "Around the Clock" and if we hadn't called a halt to proceedings at 9, would've probably taken 24 hours, didn't think it meant we'd be playing around the clock. timewise!

The safety dart game is a Chad Valley product, who I believe have their H/Q is in Milton Keynes. So Miss Snow Angel, if you can tear yourself away from the lake, could you possibly pop in there and demand my money back please.

Regards,

Tom. 

It's not just the lake I'd have to tear myself away from to do that for you later....so I'm sorry but you've got no chance Posted Image

Posted

23.8c in Reigate, against a high just 30 minutes or so ago of 26.1c.  At that rate of decline we'll be sub-zero in just under 6 hours time so wrap up warm everyone...

Beautiful day.

AS

Posted

Afternoon all. Managed to get out of my concrete box of an office, for a really nice walk at lunch. The skies were still clear, and it felt very warm. The only downside was that on the way back I decided to take a short cut across a cricket field, at which point the bloody groundsman decided to put the field sprinklers on....needless to say, I got a bit wet, but atleast it cooled me down and I can see the funny side now...😄

Posted

Afternoon everyone.  Roasting like a chestnut here, but I'm loving it. 

We have a bird which has set up home in a tree at the bottom of our garden, and my God! it's a noisy bugger. It doesn't stop cheeping from morning until night. It needs to spend an afternoon in the Captain's garden, where it will be on stalk alert, and will have to shut up or be eaten up.