Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 2nd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Thanks Leigh total contracts are in excess of £4millon with loads more to follow if we behave ourselves,so will mean major expansion / reorganisation and a chat with the bank manager, think we just gone from small to medium, now need drink to calm my nerves after writing this, hadn't hit me till typing this. Some serious thinking now, just told the wife and she spent it all :-(

Thats women for you mate. Haha (sorry if I have offended any women on here hehe) my wife's the same, I never tell here about the bonuses I get in work, it goes in and I sift it into another account, otherwise she will have another 15 pairs of shoes to go with the collection of about 50 already 😄

Posted

Thats women for you mate. Haha (sorry if I have offended any women on here hehe) my wife's the same, I never tell here about the bonuses I get in work, it goes in and I sift it into another account, otherwise she will have another 15 pairs of shoes to go with the collection of about 50 already

Only 50 pairs and how many hand bags do they need :-)

Posted

Only 50 pairs and how many hand bags do they need :-)

Dont get me started 😄

Posted

Warm weather = open windows and doors. This can be great but it can also lead to unwanted consequences, as just happened here. To set the scene, our youngest was very grumpy Tuesday morning claiming he had been woken up at 1:30 am by a large bat in his bedroom. Ho ho, we said, probably a large moth or maybe even a dream. The fact that he gave a pretty good description and has been looking up bats in his nature book we put down to enthusiastic research.

Anyway, sitting with our 16 year old tonight watching the TV there was suddenly a whirring above our heads (not very far above, I should add) and then the unmistakeable form of a bat whirling in a frantic circle round the sitting room. Now this was not a small bat, it was, with wings extended, about 20 cm across. My brave 16 year old immediately scarpered leaving me to attend to the Count (read carefully). Trying to banish thoughts of Christopher Lee I bravely re-entered its lair, armed myself with a crucifix (2 breadsticks, had to eat one of them a bit to make the horizontal element the right size) then opened as wide as could be the sitting room windows in the hope it would exit. It didn't. Then my masterplan, turn off the lights and turn off the TV. This would mean that the bat would be attracted to the streetlights outside and would fly off through the window in search of fresh virgin blood. I had at this stage unfortunately forgotten that bats are largely blind and my relying on light to help was probably a mistake. I was now crouching on the floor in the dark as a large bat continued to circle and this time I had made it angry by disregarding its blindness and slipping into easy stereotypical references about Hammer Horror films.

At one point I thought the bat had exited so I closed all the windows only to find it was in fact STILL IN THE ROOM, BEHIND ME AND IN BETWEEN ME AND THE ONLY WAY OUT!

After 3 more repeats of the plan the fiendish creature did make it out of the window and is no doubt even now out on the streets of Reigate fluttering at windows and waiting to be invited in by a pale skinned girl with funny marks on her neck.

Just a regular Wednesday in, really.

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted

Hi as

Very good

You should have caught it and saved it for the next time you played cricket. :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Warm weather = open windows and doors. This can be great but it can also lead to unwanted consequences, as just happened here. To set the scene, our youngest was very grumpy Tuesday morning claiming he had been woken up at 1:30 am by a large bat in his bedroom. Ho ho, we said, probably a large moth or maybe even a dream. The fact that he gave a pretty good description and has been looking up bats in his nature book we put down to enthusiastic research.

Anyway, sitting with our 16 year old tonight watching the TV there was suddenly a whirring above our heads (not very far above, I should add) and then the unmistakeable form of a bat whirling in a frantic circle round the sitting room. Now this was not a small bat, it was, with wings extended, about 20 cm across. My brave 16 year old immediately scarpered leaving me to attend to the Count (read carefully). Trying to banish thoughts of Christopher Lee I bravely re-entered its lair, armed myself with a crucifix (2 breadsticks, had to eat one of them a bit to make the horizontal element the right size) then opened as wide as could be the sitting room windows in the hope it would exit. It didn't. Then my masterplan, turn off the lights and turn off the TV. This would mean that the bat would be attracted to the streetlights outside and would fly off through the window in search of fresh virgin blood. I had at this stage unfortunately forgotten that bats are largely blind and my relying on light to help was probably a mistake. I was now crouching on the floor in the dark as a large bat continued to circle and this time I had made it angry by disregarding its blindness and slipping into easy stereotypical references about Hammer Horror films.

At one point I thought the bat had exited so I closed all the windows only to find it was in fact STILL IN THE ROOM, BEHIND ME AND IN BETWEEN ME AND THE ONLY WAY OUT!

After 3 more repeats of the plan the fiendish creature did make it out of the window and is no doubt even now out on the streets of Reigate fluttering at windows and waiting to be invited in by a pale skinned girl with funny marks on her neck.

AS

That is brilliant - and a great description!Posted Image But I bet with a thing like that flapping about it was actually quite scary in a way!Posted Image My cat Shadow, and another cat I had a few years ago once dragged an adult seagull between them into the house. That was quite an adventure! Fortunately the seagull came off best and immediately found its way out through the conservatory door!

Posted

That is brilliant - and a great description!Posted Image But I bet with a thing like that flapping about it was actually quite scary in a way!Posted Image My cat Shadow, and another cat I had a few years ago once dragged an adult seagull between them into the house. That was quite an adventure! Fortunately the seagull came off best and immediately found its way out through the conservatory door!

It was quite scary Tamara, I know they aren't supposed to fly into your face but then again they probably aren't supposed to suddenly appear in siting rooms during The Apprentice - You're Fired...

AS

Posted

Great story AS. Bats are wonderful creatures, and so rarely seen. Currently 14c here so another pleasantly cool night !

Posted

hi all a late fax update  hope your well

Posted Image

tomorrow

a weak variable but mainly easterly flow

dry

temps around 22-24

however tagged due to sea mist and cloud east coasts  around 18-20

Posted Image

friday

very weak east-north easterly flow

looks dry and mainly sunny

temps around 14-16

Posted Image

saturday

how odd a mainly weak northerly flow

i am going to say somewhere could get a 30 here

dry with a very slim chance of an evening shower (slim)

Posted Image

sunday

gonna say this as what it shows but do not hold me to it

hot around 26-28

a variable flow

now we have a low slap bang over the south east showing maybe a sto??

Posted Image

monday

a westerly flow and a tad more noticeable

dry and still warm

temps 22-25 maybe locally a tad hotterPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

It was quite scary Tamara, I know they aren't supposed to fly into your face but then again they probably aren't supposed to suddenly appear in siting rooms during The Apprentice - You're Fired...

AS

Very scary AS, had to put the light on, to finish reading that. Now if they been garlic breadsticks you could have double whammied the fella! You probably would've eaten both of them though.

Quote: "That is brilliant - and a great description!Posted Image But I bet with a thing like that flapping about it was actually quite scary in a way!Posted Image My cat Shadow, and another cat I had a few years ago once dragged an adult seagull between them into the house. That was quite an adventure! Fortunately the seagull came off best and immediately found its way out through the conservatory door!"

What's this Tamara a bit of Hitchcocks' The Birds, after a bit of Bram Stoker from AS, you realise I now have to sleep with the light on, thanks guys! Posted Image 

Tom.

Edited by TomBR7

Posted

Very scary AS, had to put the light on, to finish reading that. Now if they been garlic breadsticks you could have double whammied the fella! You probably would've eaten both of them though.

Quote: "That is brilliant - and a great description!Posted Image But I bet with a thing like that flapping about it was actually quite scary in a way!Posted Image My cat Shadow, and another cat I had a few years ago once dragged an adult seagull between them into the house. That was quite an adventure! Fortunately the seagull came off best and immediately found its way out through the conservatory door!"

What's this Tamara a bit of Hitchcocks' The Birds, after a bit of Bram Stoker from AS, you realise I now have to sleep with the light on, thanks guys! Posted Image 

Tom.

hi tom

hope your well

better not look at sundays fax for the minute  Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

hi tom

hope your well

better not look at sundays fax for the minute  Posted Image

Ok John, a bit more horror from you, just to finish me off tonight. Yes that could be interesting for you stormaholics! Posted Image

Just flicked through the GFS wind stream charts, some convergence forecast for both Sat/Sun in our area, which could trigger a few storms, I suppose. Posted Image

Tom.

Posted

ecm ensembles

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

saturday looks hot

i think dry tom Posted Image

sunday could be an interesting one but would not bet my house on it

precip looks like increasing 20th on but that keeps going back so confidence v low on that at present

look at sat on ecm

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted

Well good morning everyone, certainly not the glorious sunny morning it has been recently, looks like low cloud has drifted in from the North Sea last night, certainly a dull dark morning.

Off to Peterborough today to start planning our future, look like we will have to employ around 5 more over the next year or two, will put is over 30 employees starting to get worrying now, sorry about last night think we celebrated a bit to much :-)

Have a great day and don't spend to much?

AS

AS

Sounds like a very scary experience, watch out during the daytime as now batman has arrived Robin should not be far behindPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Well done for sorting your Chiroptera problem off your own bat AS, personally I've had bats in my belfry for as long as I can remember Posted Image

Another mad manic day for me today with a late finish...but not before I go out and save the world, okay well maybe just meet someone for breakfast!

Have a good one folks, catch you laters Posted Image

Posted

A not unexpected departure from the recent days of sunshine this morning with quite a cloudy overcast start. Nothing to get concerned about though as the sun is set to return and should give us a very pleasant next few days (if sun and warm are your thing).

As for today, this covering should start to shift form most of our region later this morning into this afternoon:

Posted Image

Well good morning everyone, certainly not the glorious sunny morning it has been recently, looks like low cloud has drifted in from the North Sea last night, certainly a dull dark morning.

Morning CK!

Looks like we just have to put up with it for a while :good: 

Posted

Clouds are already breaking upstream here so should be sunny in a hour or two

Clearing slowly, people to the West might see the break first:

Posted Image

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/satpics/latest_uk_vis.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hello SE'rs and East Anglians. Posted Image

I thought I'd just share my thoughts from the other regional and the same details pretty much apply to you lot I guess.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/76700-south-westcentral-southern-regional-discussion-discussion-21st-may-2013-onwards/?p=2734498

Posted

Morning All,

Blimey, it's a bit nippy nips out there this morning - although that said, it is nice for it to cool down before it heats up again over the weekend!

Cloud is just starting to break up here at work (London southbank) and if the forecasted temperatures are anything to go by, it should be a very nice pleasant summers day out there today Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Morning folks...

Cloudy, breezy and coolish, up here...Hopefully, clouds will burn off later on...?

Posted

Morning All,

Blimey, it's a bit nippy nips out there this morning - although that said, it is nice for it to cool down before it heats up again over the weekend!

Cloud is just starting to break up here at work (London southbank) and if the forecasted temperatures are anything to go by, it should be a very nice pleasant summers day out there today Posted Image

Morning Leeanne!

I guess in terms of recent temps it is cooler, but as you say quite welcome.

Posted Image

I can see a little 30°C shown on the map for Saturday down here though:

post-6667-0-86318500-1373529233_thumb.gi

Morning folks...

Cloudy, breezy and coolish, up here...Hopefully, clouds will burn off later on...?

Morning Pete, fingers crossed :good: 

Posted

Morning all. A completely different start to the day here. 100% cloud cover and feels a bit nippy (dare I say it). Still looking good for another warm up, come the weekend :-)

Have a good one all, catch you later...