Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 2nd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

11.0 here now, certainly a cool night in store. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Down to 55 here in Ippy. Funny how the nights still have a chill in the air after such hot day temps'. It's like the desert. :)

Have a good night, all. :)

Posted

My niece and I tried to assemble a canvas wardrobe today. It didn't quite turn out as we expected. :D

post-17085-0-24857000-1373410739_thumb.j

Posted

My niece and I tried to assemble a canvas wardrobe today. It didn't quite turn out as we expected. Posted Image

Looks to me like the room is at a funny angle but the wardrobe is perfectly straight, so as far as I can see, K, you and your niece have done a great job (as long as you didn't also build the house?) Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

10.9 Â°C here right now, it cools down quick because of the low dew points and non exsistent cloud cover.The only radient heat is coming from the buildings/concrete etc. I guess it could get quite low out in rural areas tonight. 

Posted

Yet another beautiful dawn, not a cloud in the sky, absolutely fabulous.

Hard day today up the M1 to north of Birmingham and then somewhere else, hope someone tells me where I am meant to be going should be a good meeting as potential for lots of work, which is always nice. Think this and the recent set up of our Peterborough office plus the 2 recent signings of good engineers are worrying our opposition, think this is why I am waking up so early recently, I am expecting to find a horses head laying next to me on my pillow :-)

So looking forward to the ashes starting today, couldn't get into Wimbledon and Murrey fever, but give me the whack of leather on willow, then I will be glued to the radio.

Here's to a successful day, hope you are not under to much stress and pressure, just enjoy this great weather.

Morning CK, although i think you will already be on the road and passing junction 13Posted Image 

Sunny morning although feels fresher this morning with a temperature of 13.3 and a clear blue sky. It's the first day of the schools Ofsted inspection so hopefully being a little cooler will help the children and we don't have any riots during the dayPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

hmm, I was not expected it to be clear and sunny when I woke up. Good times Posted Image

Edit - spoke too soon, grey here now

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

Morning!!!

Another corker out there with just a tad of cloud out to the West of Sussex that I'm sure will clear later. An overwhelming fragrance of just-mown grass in the air on my journey in and it reminded me of proper Summers from yonks ago. I know it's no good for you hay-fever sufferers, but all my senses were on overdrive this morning in what has been a very enjoyable period of traditional seasonal weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Awake but still in bed here but it looks like the makings of another perfect day from where I am - just waiting for my breakfast in bed to be served then I'll get up and have a look !

Posted

A bit of cloud to burn off this morning, more so in the North of the region:

post-6667-0-63796600-1373439200_thumb.jp

I think it will turn out OK in the end.

Morning campers,

Dogs walked over local nature park. Fresh and beautifully scented air. Not a cloud in the sky

Morning Jan, hope everything is OK with you?

Posted

Temperature seems to be on a par with the last few days at this time, so another warm one for our part of the World but I'm not sure about the elusive 30°C yet.

Posted Image

Posted

Hi Robin,

Yes, I'm fine thanks. Bit too hot for me but mustn't be selfish as I know most people love this weather. My beans and tomatoes love it though Posted Image

Hope you're well?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Good morning everyone. Certainly feels a bit fresher here this morning. But hey, the sun is still shining and the sky is still blue 😃. Off to my new concrete box of an office, so will now be sun deprived until lunch... Have a good one all.

Posted

Morning All,

I couldn't stop singing U2's song 'It's a beautiful dayyyyyyyy' this morning (which is a tad annoying actually as I don't actually like U2) but I do think that song title sums up todays weather quite nicely!

Posted

Hope you're well?

I struggle by, but don't like to complain..... :lol:

I couldn't stop singing U2's song 'It's a beautiful dayyyyyyyy' this morning (which is a tad annoying actually as I don't actually like U2) but I do think that song title sums up todays weather quite nicely!

I have Will Smith and Summertime as my 'ear worm' today :doh: 

Have a good one all.

Cheers Leigh, not long 'till lunchtime! 

Posted

I struggle by, but don't like to complain..... Posted Image

I have Will Smith and Summertime as my 'ear worm' today Posted Image

Funny enough, they were playing Summertime on the radio this morning - think I prefer that song, so will try and get that one in my head instead!

Posted

Funny enough, they were playing Summertime on the radio this morning - think I prefer that song, so will try and get that one in my head instead!

Just for you m'dear:

Posted

Mornin each. It's dull and very cloudy today with a breeze. A little respite from the heat of the last few days.

Have a good day all. :)

Posted

Mornin each. It's dull and very cloudy today with a breeze. A little respite from the heat of the last few days. 

Morning Grace, I think if you look at the satellite picture I posted a wee bit earlier you will see the cloud over your area. I think it will clear though later so hopefully you can have an afternoon in the pool! :lol: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Another sunny day with clear skies, more of a breeze today with a temp of 22C here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Hi Robin,

Yes, I'm fine thanks. Bit too hot for me but mustn't be selfish as I know most people love this weather. My beans and tomatoes love it though Posted Image

Hope you're well?

Morning m'dear.  I'm hoping that my allotment application comes through for a plot. Its literally five minutes on foot for me, so ideal for getting some veggies, herbs and fruit grownPosted Image

Posted

Sunny cloudless start again. North-easterly wind still blowing though. 20C

Now complete cloud cover and cool feeling!

Edited by Kent Snow