Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 2nd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

Good afternoon all and I trust everyone is well. It's another blue sky 26c+ day here on the Outer London Savanna, and I'm expecting herds of wildebeast and zebra to make their way past my front door any day soon, heading for the world renowned watering holes at Ruislip Lido and Rickmansworth Aquadrome. I am tempted to join the migrating hoards but unfortunately swimming and bathing is banned at both locations.Posted Image

It truly is a lovely spell of weather and it's good to see it's being spread more or less right across the Uk and Ireland for a change.  Sympathies to those who are finding it too hot, but surely even those folk would prefer this to last years washout. Chins up people.

JP: Keep on posting mate, I'm sure your posts and charts are much appreciated by most of us on here, and Ali, hope all went well at the hospital yesterday. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I'm certainly moistPosted Image

Me too - I've had two showers today already and it looks like I'm heading for a third later...

...I might have to share that one though (to save on water of course Posted Image )

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine, it's glorious here again today although I've mostly been working but the pay off for that is an extra day off tomorrow which I'm looking forward to very much indeed Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

When is it Winter so that I can get back to being excited about the weather? Posted Image 

(gimme some storms)

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

**** wind!

That's all i have to say

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Evening all. Another glorious day and now evening. Sitting in the garden with Mrs LeighD, having a little tipple and reading though our sons first ever school report, and it is really good. We are two happy parents sitting in the summer warmth really proud of our son.... Laters peeps ðŸ‘

Posted

**** wind!That's all i have to say

Baked Beans for dinner Victor? 😉

Posted

Yes, just got a great piece of news, finally got a second engineer to join us, that mean we are to 11 plus an apprentice just one more to go, no doubt by the time we get him it will be winter.

Been a lovely day almost wall to wall sunshine, nice warm temperatures not to hot and only about 5 breakdowns.

Ashes start tomorrow and surprise, surprise I got most of the day in the car listening (great when you can set your own agenda) to that wonderful summer institution of test match special, other than clients (and the Aussies) what can ruin a perfect day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Evening all. Another glorious day and now evening. Sitting in the garden with Mrs LeighD, having a little tipple and reading though our sons first ever school report, and it is really good. We are two happy parents sitting in the summer warmth really proud of our son.... Laters peeps ðŸ‘

Sometimes with the kids it feels like all I do is give. But when you get something like a school report, or watch them at a school play, it really is the most rewarding feeling.He will most likely remember the happiness that you showed at seeing his report for a long time too.:-)

Posted

Sometimes with the kids it feels like all I do is give. But when you get something like a school report, or watch them at a school play, it really is the most rewarding feeling.He will most likely remember the happiness that you showed at seeing his report for a long time too.:-)

That is so true..... I bought him a little well done present on the way home from work, nothing major or expensive but the look of happiness on his face was enough for me. After that he kept coming up to me and my wife saying "So are you still really proud Mummy and Daddy"..... Only children can bring that kind of deep true happiness 😀

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Beauty of a day, reached 27C here and still 25C now, nice breeze has picked up :) Really want this to last til Oct :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

I'm not complaining folks as this heat is nice, but the antagonisation of seeing all of that CAPE and LI just sitting over Ireland and even the CAPE still remaining as it drifts off into the Atlantic is making it painful to watch! 

Put it this way, something must be wrong if Ireland pull off something special and we get naff all. 

This high would be way way better if it was placed like 600 miles further East, the difference that mileage makes is phenomenal. 

I knew we'd end up with the murk our side and Ireland seeing all of the tasty conditions for storm potential ! 

Definitely going to be booking holidays abroad every year from now on just to even see some decent storm activity. At least I should at least see some sort of beastly mediterranean night lightning display in Ibiza in mid September! Looking so forward to going even for that one reason!

Posted

Beauty of a day, reached 27C here and still 25C now, nice breeze has picked up :) Really want this to last til Oct :)

Sounds good, followed by a hard frosts till Dec, then a raging Easterly complete with undercutting channel lows, and a Christmas day blizzard.

Posted

Sounds good, followed by a hard frosts till Dec, then a raging Easterly complete with undercutting channel lows, and a Christmas day blizzard.

Beat me too it. I was just about to say the same. But personally I want the snow to start in November 😜

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Haha! Perfect. Forgot to add in frequent plumes with night-long storms in summer :) How weather used to be in the fantastic 80s-90s!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Sunny afternoon here, still clear now but waiting for the inevitable return of the low cloud :p

Posted

Sunny afternoon here, still clear now but waiting for the inevitable return of the low cloud :p

Looks like its way to the north, off NE Scotland. You might be lucky as it looks like it will dive into the Low Countries and maybe not affect us too much, fingers crossed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Already down to 18.5C here, heat not really holding. 

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Another lovely day here.

Since 25th June we have had all but 3 days above 20ºC (and two of those three got to 19.7ºC and 19.9ºC ). The last four days have all reached over 25ºC - far better than recent years. I am now wondering when the next sub 20ºC day will be. Not too soon I hope!

Already down to 18.5C here, heat not really holding. 

Who wants hot sultry evenings?!!!

Posted

Conditions might be favourable for some noctillucent clouds in our region this evening. Light pollution will probably spoil it where I am but if you are in a rural area the sky to the west/northwest might be worth having a gander at in the next hour or so

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Well had to drive to London and back today, M1, hot day, fun fun fun, not.

Posted

Just finished watering the pots including the fragrant lavender, rosemary, oregano and basil. It seemed as though the warmth of the day had helped store the aromas before a dramatic release when the mist from the hose hit the plants, and for a few heady minutes as the scents merged and filled the darkening late evening I was transported to the arid but still fertile ground of the mountains of Andalucía where after a summer storm the earth relaxes and darkens, and the plants throw out their scent, intoxicating and unforgettable.

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted

Just finished watering the pots including the fragrant lavender, rosemary, oregano and basil. It seemed as though the warmth of the day had helped store the aromas before a dramatic release when the mist from the hose hit the plants, and for a few heady minutes as the scents merged and filled the darkening late evening I was transported to the arid but still fertile ground of the mountains of Andalucía where after a summer storm the earth relaxes and darkens, and the plants throw out their scent, intoxicating and unforgettable.

AS

Smells do stay with you for life, as you say, they can transport you back in an instant.

Be nice to get that "after storm scent" soon though.Posted Image

Posted

hi all

heres the fax charts

Posted Image

tomorrow

a weak east to north east flow

a dieing front over us so likely to be cloudy

temps around 20-24 dependant on sun amounts

Posted Image

thursday

a very weak east to north east flow

dry and warm

temps around 23-24 degrees

sunny

Posted Image

friday

a very weak north east flow

after early cloud burns off temps should reach around 26 and maybe a couple of degrees higher in certain spots

Posted Image

Posted Image

waiting until tomorrow re the weekend

stormy ??????

certainly still looks warm but more later