Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Hot and settled spell discussion and temperature reports July 2013

Posted

Hopefully not. Got a feeling it may put a friend of mine in hospital.

Gee thanks Pit, I didn't know you cared! Anyways, just come back from a bicycle ride with the kid, against my protests but at the missus' insistence that I "do something with him in this wonderful weather". Let me tell you it was a painful and regrettable experience for us both and only reinforces my conviction that folk who actually enjoy this weather are stark,staring mad.

Posted

Does she know you hate it so much? 

22c here, must admit the sun felt a bit too hot in the garden planting things, cooler in the shade with a breeze. Seems more like 24C maybe 25C a bit further inland though, slightly warmer than forecast locally. Tomorrow is forecast 27C here.

Heathrow was reading 28c on xcweather until it updated just now. Met Office show 27.5C at 4pm and 27.3C at 5pm there.

Edited by Stormmad26

Posted

Does she know you hate it so much? 

Ye - that's the saddest part of all... but to be fair, any type of physical activity in this weather is a test of endurance and grit. All I'd really like to do is sleep but that's neither fair nor practical with a family (snatching a little time on the 'puta here while she's at the shops)!

Posted

29.1c being reported from a very reliable ( but unofficial ) site in Watford. 27.5 the official figure from Heathrow so West and North West London doing well. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The hottest temperature of the year has been broken with an official reading of 28.1C at London Heathrow this was issued by the met office at 16:19 they go on to say this figure may yet rise further

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Well friend isn't finding it easy she's just sent a text to me. So if you know anybody with breathing problems check on them as this won't help them.

Posted

Gee thanks Pit, I didn't know you cared! Anyways, just come back from a bicycle ride with the kid, against my protests but at the missus' insistence that I "do something with him in this wonderful weather". Let me tell you it was a painful and regrettable experience for us both and only reinforces my conviction that folk who actually enjoy this weather are stark,staring mad.

With all due respect Laserguy that strikes me as a rather strange activity to undertake in these conditions, especially given your obvious aversion to high temperatures.

Why not just tailor your activities to the conditions ? It seems madness to do something neither of you enjoyed.

Posted

I wonder if we'll see any heatwave warnings from the met office some parts are very close to the limit for the warnings

30c or higher by day 15c or higher by night

Posted

Ye - that's the saddest part of all... but to be fair, any type of physical activity in this weather is a test of endurance and grit. All I'd really like to do is sleep but that's neither fair nor practical with a family (snatching a little time on the 'puta here while she's at the shops)!

Ah oh dear, even though I like warmth sometimes and want to see/record some high temps, I'm not very good at physical activity in such weather - anything other than a short or relaxed/flat ground bicycle ride in the mid to high 20's - no thanks.

Posted

The latest BBC forecast highlights the risk of cloud and maybe even mist affecting the east coast next week bringing a drop in temperatures here

The headline from them for next week is

Largely sunny

Very warm

Cloud risk east coasts

Also Peter Gibbs said somewhere could hit 30c tomorrow

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Playing cricket today and doing the same tomorrow. Not the ideal conditions to open the bowling but its a great way to get out and get the most out of the warm spell. Maxed out at 24.6c. May edge a bit higher tomorrow but the arrival of the easterly could well restrict that.

Posted

29.1c being reported from a very reliable ( but unofficial ) site in Watford. 27.5 the official figure from Heathrow so West and North West London doing well. Posted Image

Not bad, it was pretty darn hot this afternoon so I wouldn't be surprised. I did see earlier on Netweather Highest temps, that London Heathrow got to 28C, which is a few degrees above the predicted BBC online forecast. 

Posted

With all due respect Laserguy that strikes me as a rather strange activity to undertake in these conditions, especially given your obvious aversion to high temperatures.

Why not just tailor your activities to the conditions ? It seems madness to do something neither of you enjoyed.

Ye I know... any suggestions? I figured it would beat lolling around moaning about the heat, and that the downhill bits would cool us off - but I was wrong!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Take a trip to the coast Laserguy. A quick trip down the M180 and your there. It was only 17c at Bridlington today for example which you would have liked.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

19.7C here right now - hardly moved for the past half hour or so. Breeze is nice and humidity is low, so a sticky night is not in store. :)

Posted

Ye I know... any suggestions? I figured it would beat lolling around moaning about the heat, and that the downhill bits would cool us off - but I was wrong!

Any outdoor swimming pools around your way ?? That would be my first suggestion. Failing that anywhere nearby with an open stretch of water such as a lake or reservoir even, not for swimming in, but just to sit by ?  Cycling would have been one of the last things on my list, just ahead of running a marathon !!

A bit cloudy and misty this morning which slowly cleared by lunchtime to give crystal clear skies and wall to wall sunshine for the rest of the day, temps 18c Mumbles, 21c Blackpill, felt very warm indeed in light winds, tomorrow is forecast to be 25c here.

Posted

The temperature at London Heathrow reached 28.1C today, making Saturday provisionally the UK's warmest day of the year so far. This beats the previous UK maximum of 27.2C set on the 30th June, also at Heathrow. Scotland also provisionally broke its individual 2013 record, reaching 26.0C at Fyvie Castle, Aberdeenshire. Wales and Northern Ireland fell just short of their records.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_weather.html

Posted

Hot at the end of the high-res run.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow that GFS run is absolute belter for heat, this could go on for some time yet.

Posted

We had a max of 25.7C in the end yesterday. Today could well be warmer, but from Monday onwards it looks like cloud will start moving in to this area.

The min temp this morning is 12.3C, so pretty close to average. Still having quite a few problems cooling the house down though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Very mild night in Cork, hasn't dropped below 15C yet, and is still 22C inside. Might be part of the reason I'm still awake at close to 6am!

Posted

I reckon we could see the warmest day of the year so far and maybe the 30°C that has been touted for a while - I'm still going for West London or North Kent about 3.00pm.