Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Hot and settled spell discussion and temperature reports July 2013

Posted

Have yourself a G&T later cloudwatcher...unwind in the heat of the day Posted Image. Our turn shall come!

I certainly will be, cheers everyone! 

Posted Image

Posted

Yes a very hazy sky here too, I wasn't really expecting it, and the warm up has been slower than I expected as well. I thought we'd be at least at 20C by midday but haven't got there yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Nearly 22c here now. Once again, one of the higher temps in the region. Confident 27-31c will be reached on Sunday, Mon and Tues,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Nearly 22c here now. Once again, one of the higher temps in the region. Confident 27-31c will be reached on Sunday, Mon and Tues,

Ha ha Blizzards, I just said as much in my status update. I think the models are underplaying the potential currently but that said, I'm only guessing that to be the case. This time next week we will know.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Creeping above 18C, still a somewhat cloudy though, which is probably holding the temperatures back to a degree.

Indoor temperature is warming up nicely, 23.5C now...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

21.4c outdoors.

23.4c in greenhouse (really shows how hazy it is as that isn't that high- managed 35c in there back in April!).

20.9c in the living room.

Posted
Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

knowing what's coming I'm grateful for today's coolness ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

have recorded 21 deg twice this year ......so in this HEATWAVE I get.........an AMAZING 20.5 deg????   what a scorcher!!!!!!

Posted

Temperature now above 19C. The cloud cover is reducing a little, so may just get 20C today. Certainly feels warm out though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

All the moaning above and it's approaching 24c here And 100% blue sky. :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

And we have a lovely, gentle sea breeze now, too...Could it be better?

Posted

It's that annoying higher level white veil cloud we often get around here. It's just taking the shine off the day. Some blue showing through here and there now.

Fair enough, here it's mostly clear blue sky with a sea breeze though that hasn't stopped the temperature reaching 21.7c

This haze/high cloud people are reporting is strange, as it's not showing up on visible satellite images and on them it looks just as clear as it looks down here, wonder why it's not showing up?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

21.9c here and levelling out - still time to rise yet to reach todays predicted 24c.

Yesterday was 23.9c under cloudy skies so does seem odd to be cooler under hazy sunny skies! Skies are certainly not blue - perhaps tomorrow. The haze should help keep temps up tonight though so that's a good thing for sitting out and for getting it warmer tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy weather in winter, dry and warm weather in summer

Quite a nice day here at the moment, but a fair bit of cloud still around. About 18C I would imagine, so the real warmth hasn't arrived, yet. :)

Posted

Outside 22.6c; 

Greenhouse 22.6c (no sun on it now);

Living room: 21.3c;

Office: 27c.

Going to try to carry some of the office heat home with me on my bike if I can...

Posted

25-26c most stations are reporting around here now. :D

Posted

25-26c most stations are reporting around here now. Posted Image

What site is that on, Blizzards?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

26.1c now after a max of 26.2c max here in Newbury, making it my hottest day of the year. Will tomorrow beat that particular record I wonder? I expect it will elsewhere at least given that the beeb showed Temps no lower than 17c in one or two inner cities tonight. The heat is on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

What site is that on, Blizzards?

Probably Wunderground where stations are often overexposed to the sun.

Posted

Wind and rain here. about 17 degrees. You wonder why I am moaning? not even looking decent for next week.

Chin up, where there's hope, it can only get better, you will just have to bypass this weekend before it happens.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy weather in winter, dry and warm weather in summer

Wind and rain here. about 17 degrees. You wonder why I am moaning? not even looking decent for next week.

To be fair, temperatures look fairly good for central Scotland next week, GFS is showing highs of 25-26C (probably won't be exact but it gives a general picture of what temperatures will be like). You should certainly do better than certain parts of the UK.