Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Hot and settled spell discussion and temperature reports July 2013

Posted

The cloud is certainly more broken to my west, and it's blowing through quite quickly. That satellite loop gives me hope.

Far too late to salvage today of course. I just hope it doesn't come back tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

how can your temp be so much different to me im not far from you and the highest i got was 21,8c, it is usually a bit cooler here for some reason and the models usually overcook temps for my area but that is a big difference 

I don't know. 

It's certainly right though, checked it on mine and my friends thermo. 

I've got a good feel for temps as well and it felt like 26-27c. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

I feel your sentiments exactly Scorcher. The sun briefly attempted to come out here twice late in the afternoon and failed. It's bad enough that North Sea cloud has managed to affect us at all on this side of the Pennines (avoiding it is one of our great benefits) but for it to hang around all day sucks so badly - and not only that but some members living in North Sea cloud-prone areas have reported clear blues skies this evening while we're stuck with this crap. I'm not impressed. Posted Image

I'm seriously worried about tomorrow now. Someone please reassure me!

BBC weather has us under cloud for all of tomorrow then a few light, non-thundery showers in the afternoon. The low minimas tonight will probably mean scuppered max's tomorrow anyway even if we do manage to get some sunshine.

In addition to this, the north sea cloud is forecast to come back tonight.

Edited by Backtrack

Posted

BBC weather has us under cloud for all of tomorrow then a few light, non-thundery showers in the afternoon. The low minimas tonight will probably mean scuppered max's tomorrow anyway even if we do manage to get some sunshine.

In addition to this, the north sea cloud is forecast to come back tonight.

Come on Backtrack, the minima aren't going to be low with all this cloud around anyway, I can't imagine the temps will fall much from where they are at the minute. And the BBC isn't showing total cloud for your area- http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2638960

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Come on Backtrack, the minima aren't going to be low with all this cloud around anyway, I can't imagine the temps will fall much from where they are at the minute. And the BBC isn't showing total cloud for your area- http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2638960

I can't see us staying at this temp all night, it feels like it's cooling down quickly falling at 1C an hour right now, currently 16.5C. will surprise me if we get above 24/25C tomorrow.

Posted

Last night it hardly fell here at all, we had a min of 16C and it will be similar tonight. The minima will have no bearing on how hot the temperatures get anyway, the warm uppers are there and if we get some glimpses of sunshine the temperature will fly up. The BBC are going for 29C for Manchester.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Absolute bliss, 24.0C with a humidex of 29C, feel so nice out there doesn't get much better, July 2013 is turning into a classic summer month here along with August 1997, July 1999, August 2003, July 2006, all we need now is the storms, but this week they could well happen.Posted Image

Edited by 95 Degrees

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

Absolute bliss, 24.0C with a humidex of 29C, feel so nice out there doesn't get much better, July 2013 is turning into a classic summer month here along with August 1997, July 1999, August 2003, July 2006, all we need now is the storms, but this week they could well happen.Posted Image

Yep, been so great. Will go down in legend, really for the duration and lack of rain. 

Posted

it is starting to feel hotter already now, it was much cooler earlier, tomorrow will be a day good statistics wise with the hot temps but it will feel horrible i wouldn't sunbathe if i were you tomorrow, sunbathing isn't even relaxing for me really it feels like torture at times but i just do it cos i want a tan instead of being pasty all year round, of course sunbeds is the quicker way but i ain't wasting money on that

I know, it's still 21.3oC now and it actually went down to 19oC earlier, went back up to 22oC and now dropping again, the heat relaly must be being pumped up, 74% humidity too! But well I LOVE a tan and I really do enjoy sunbathing but is sooo sweaty, we will have our 6 foot wide by 3 foot deep pool out for my 3 year old brother so shall be in that with him most of the day, PLEASE don't use sunbeds, they use more UVA rays than UVB rays and the UVA goes right through to the deeper layers of your skin, that can cause a much higher risk of cancer and if that doesn't put you off then it makes you look SO MUCH older and your skin looses it's elastin and makes your skin perminantly red! :/

Cant wait to see the statistics tomorrow though!

Posted

Met office are going for lows of 18oC overnight in the South East and also 34oC somewhere!

Very hot and humid on Monday. Risk thunderstorms later.

This Evening and Tonight:

A sultry and uncomfortable night to sleep in the towns and cities. It will be a little cooler in the countryside and near to the coast. Minimum temperature 18 °C.

Monday:

A very hot and humid day with long sunny spells. It will start to feel very uncomfortable as temperatures soar during the afternoon, which may spark off the odd thunderstorm. Maximum temperature 34 °C.

Posted

The cloud is breaking up nicely here now, shame it couldn't have been 12 hours earlier! But at least we've got rid of the North Sea filth in time for tomorrow!

Posted

I don't know. 

It's certainly right though, checked it on mine and my friends thermo. 

I've got a good feel for temps as well and it felt like 26-27c. 

well according to weatheronline, cambridge hit 24c, but who knows maybe saffron waldon did hit 27c today, i hit 22c there is a tendency on here for people to over exaggerate their temps, i have a weather station but i take no notice of it as even when it's in the shade it has been saying 32c this week when the highest i have had is 28c

Edited by Tony27

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Cloud thicker than ever so another cool/cold day on the cards. Met reckon the sun will come out late afternoon and go for an rather high 27C. Can't see it myself.

Posted

Saturday turned out rather disappointing here - breezy and with only fleeting glimpses of the sun late afternoon.  Struggled to get my barbecue going in the wind and everyone was getting impatient and munching through packets of Doritos Posted Image .  Yesterday was much better with sunshine from mid-morning and a maximum of 26.  And today...warm with hazy sunshine. Not sure whether we'll reach the MetO's prediction of 32 with a minimum tonight of 21 but if we do that'll be the warmest night in the 11 years I've lived in Reading.

Edited by Stargazer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Prediction of 30c today... really?! That's the highest I've yet seen for my area on the BBC forecasts.

Thick cloud & drizzle and only just 16c at the moment. Put my shorts/t-shirt on but going to be a chilly ride in and no doubt underdressed compared to most folk who will prob have coats on!

Given that we've had warmer nights and temps well into the 20s at this time of day last week yet only achieving 26-28c it seems somewhat odd that a cool, drizzly morning will manage 30c. 

Guess we'll see...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

After a generally disappointing weekend, the sun is now shining. And with temps already close to 20C, we could be in for our warmest day of the year so far. 

With winds turning more southerly this week, the North Norfolk coast might do quite well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Cold dull and drizzle temps now 14.3C the cold spell continues lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Around 17 degrees atm but I can already feel the humidity outside!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Looking at sat pics it looks to be clearing fairly fast so shouldn't be too long till we see first sunshine since Friday (well bar those fleeting glances on Sat). Sooner the better for my garden!

Still 16.5c - only 13.5c to gain to meet predictions.

Posted

Very hard to imagine it being the forecast 32oC later when it's only 19oC now and the HAZY sun has been shinning for an hour or so now, will just have to wait and see but I wonder if we will beat the 31.2oC high we've had so far in this hot spell! If we hit 32oC then great, if we hit 33oC I will be extremely happy but I just can't see it even getting above 30oC at the minute, this sun really needs to get going, and fast! 

Temperature: 19.2oC

oC left till target high: 12.2oC

Posted

Current watch level: Level 3 - Heatwave Action in one or more regions of England and Wales

Issued at: Monday 22 July 2013 at 08:46

There is a 90 % probability of heatwave conditions between 0900 on Monday and 2100 on Tuesday in parts of England.

East of England, Southeast England and London are expected to exceed thresholds today and overnight.

Regional breakdown Region Risk Comments

North East England 20% -

North West England 70% A risk of meeting thresholds today.

Yorkshire & the Humber 60% A risk of meeting thresholds today.

East Midlands 70% A risk of meeting thresholds today.

West Midlands 70% A risk of meeting thresholds today.

East of England 90% Thresholds expected to be exceeded today.

South East England 90% Thresholds expected to be exceeded today.

London 90% Thresholds expected to be exceeded today.

South West England 70% A risk of meeting thresholds today. Wales

This is the first time in this whole hot spell that we (East of England) has come under the level 3 heatwave warning, which sounds silly considering we've already had 3 days above 30oC this year!

Edited by ARW WeatherMan

Posted

Tbh I'll be stunned if we make its even to 29c since that would be the hottest day of the year, let alone 30c.

Still thick cloud and low light levels. I reckon 26c is more likely.

Posted

Thick cloud and 15.5° here in Bingley,west yorks.Brrrrr lol not checkf any sat images yet so dont know how far cloud breaks are off!?!?!?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

The temperature has been below 15C and above 14C for the past 9 hours! Seriously feels chilly outside. Clear skies do appear to be moving north now, and we now have a more favourable SE wind, so we'll see.. certainly won't  be the hottest day of the year here, that's for sure.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Current watch level: Level 3 - Heatwave Action in one or more regions of England and Wales

Issued at: Monday 22 July 2013 at 08:46

There is a 90 % probability of heatwave conditions between 0900 on Monday and 2100 on Tuesday in parts of England.

East of England, Southeast England and London are expected to exceed thresholds today and overnight.

Regional breakdown Region Risk Comments

North East England 20% -

North West England 70% A risk of meeting thresholds today.

Yorkshire & the Humber 60% A risk of meeting thresholds today.

East Midlands 70% A risk of meeting thresholds today.

West Midlands 70% A risk of meeting thresholds today.

East of England 90% Thresholds expected to be exceeded today.

South East England 90% Thresholds expected to be exceeded today.

London 90% Thresholds expected to be exceeded today.

South West England 70% A risk of meeting thresholds today. Wales

This is the first time in this whole hot spell that we (East of England) has come under the level 3 heatwave warning, which sounds silly considering we've already had 3 days above 30oC this year!

North east England 20% chance is the lowest in the UK now thats unusual

Posted Image