Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Hot and settled spell discussion and temperature reports July 2013

Posted

FINALLY some sunshine! The cloud today has been even worse than yesterday.

I hope the higher-than-expected cloud amounts this weekend don't carry on into Monday and Tuesday. I've been looking forward to these days too much for them to be ruined by unexpected cloud a la August 2003.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Disappointingly cloudy with a distinctly annoying breeze. No real sign of the cloud breaking as of yet either.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

Turned out nice in the finish, better than yesterday here once the cloud broke. 

Peaked just now at at 26.8c. 

Having a BBQ with the family and it's pleasant. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

From horrible North Sea cack to wall-to-wall sunshine, all in the space of forty-five minutes!Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

The stats speak for themselves about how good this heatwave has been for some parts. Exeter has seen 12 days over 26c. That compares to just 1 in the whole of last Summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Still waiting here - cool with a nasty breeze. Max 19.4c now 18.9c so almost 3c below todays predications.

Hard to believe that 29c is forecast here tomorrow - couldn't feel more different!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Got 27C forecast for tomorrow but this will depend on a wind change and the cloud going. If the wind doesn't change i.e the system not pushing so far north we will probably keep the cool cloudy stuff.

Posted

clear sky now but typically to late go out and sunbathe as the sun is to weak now to get a tan, feels very pleasant out there though

Posted

clear sky now but typically to late go out and sunbathe as the sun is to weak now to get a tan, feels very pleasant out there though

I would actually class myself as a tanarexic and I havent even been able to go out and sunbathe much all lst week because I found it too hot! Friday really was the day for tanning here! We had NO haze, crystal clear skies, low humidity, a breeze and a "dry" high of 28oC and so really went brown whilst tanning from 8am to 5pm ahah, would have been prefect here today too after the cloud broke around 2pm but I was at work till half 4 so didn't have time but still reached a very respectable 26.3oC here considering it was dark grey clouds till 2pm when suddenly all the cloud cleared and left us with wall to wall dark blue skies! :)

Bring on the sun and 31-33oC forecast for here for tomorrow! :D Shall be a bit too toasty to be sitting in the sun for long though I suppose! Humidity + 31oC = SWEAT!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Ahaha, yeah a great sunny day here... not..

Went to the beach in hope of some sunshine, had about a 30 second spell at 3pm, that's it. Hard to believe North Sea cloud can be so stubborn this far west.

Sunny and 32C tomorrow will make up for that with some severe thunderstorms in the evening please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Could reach 34C here tomorrow, it will be a sticky one indeed! With 21C forecasted as a low tomorrow it will be the first proper hot day and night and i'm looking forward to it

Posted

I would actually class myself as a tanarexic and I havent even been able to go out and sunbathe much all lst week because I found it too hot! Friday really was the day for tanning here! We had NO haze, crystal clear skies, low humidity, a breeze and a "dry" high of 28oC and so really went brown whilst tanning from 8am to 5pm ahah, would have been prefect here today too after the cloud broke around 2pm but I was at work till half 4 so didn't have time but still reached a very respectable 26.3oC here considering it was dark grey clouds till 2pm when suddenly all the cloud cleared and left us with wall to wall dark blue skies! Posted Image

Bring on the sun and 31-33oC forecast for here for tomorrow! Posted Image Shall be a bit too toasty to be sitting in the sun for long though I suppose! Humidity + 31oC = SWEAT!

it is starting to feel hotter already now, it was much cooler earlier, tomorrow will be a day good statistics wise with the hot temps but it will feel horrible i wouldn't sunbathe if i were you tomorrow, sunbathing isn't even relaxing for me really it feels like torture at times but i just do it cos i want a tan instead of being pasty all year round, of course sunbeds is the quicker way but i ain't wasting money on that

Edited by Tony27

Posted

Really did turn into a nice day in the finish here. Sure it didn't for some though. 

Actually the temp went a little higher closer to 5:00 and hit 27c bang on. Lovely blue crystal sky. 

A real nice summer's day. 

Posted

Ahaha, yeah a great sunny day here... not..

Went to the beach in hope of some sunshine, had about a 30 second spell at 3pm, that's it. Hard to believe North Sea cloud can be so stubborn this far west.

Sunny and 32C tomorrow will make up for that with some severe thunderstorms in the evening please.

Awful here too, I feel more frustrated than I have for some time after today. The cloud just refused to go anywhere all day while areas to the south and north enjoyed sunshine. 19C is pretty shocking given the setup we've got at the moment. Just hoping that this cloud clears for tomorrow, would definitely take Atlantic cloud over this awful muck!

Posted

Doing landscaping tomorrow, digging, so will make sure to take a lot of water with me. 

Have no doubt that tomorrow will be the hottest day of the year, and will remain that way, unless something seriously special happens. 

Shame it's going to break down afterwards, but if you look at the spell we've had it really has been freak. Not necessarily temp wise, although I suppose it is by UK standards, but remarkably dry and sunny as well, so can't complain. 

Really hoping it settles and we get another plume. 

Posted

Lovel day here temp maxed out at 23.8c humidity no higher than 59% and  grey laden skies, ok the latter bit was a let down as I likes me sunshine. 

Edited by Sceptical Inquirer

Posted

Really did turn into a nice day in the finish here. Sure it didn't for some though. 

Actually the temp went a little higher closer to 5:00 and hit 27c bang on. Lovely blue crystal sky. 

A real nice summer's day. 

how can your temp be so much different to me im not far from you and the highest i got was 21,8c, it is usually a bit cooler here for some reason and the models usually overcook temps for my area but that is a big difference 

Edited by Tony27

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Temperatures holding up very well tonight, still 27.0C, gonna be a warm night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

The max today was just 20.1C - not quite under 20C, but it felt chilly anyway. No good at all I'm afraid - 1/10. Now off you go you horrible North Sea sun-blocking, heat-preventing cloud, back to the Benelux and Denmark with you.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

19.4c our max under these slate grey skies & chilly breeze.

A truly poor summers day and one of the worst this month. Staggering given the synoptics but that's the power of the dreaded North Sea low cloud - the very worst of British weather.

Posted

Awful here too, I feel more frustrated than I have for some time after today. The cloud just refused to go anywhere all day while areas to the south and north enjoyed sunshine. 19C is pretty shocking given the setup we've got at the moment. Just hoping that this cloud clears for tomorrow, would definitely take Atlantic cloud over this awful muck!

I feel your sentiments exactly Scorcher. The sun briefly attempted to come out here twice late in the afternoon and failed. It's bad enough that North Sea cloud has managed to affect us at all on this side of the Pennines (avoiding it is one of our great benefits) but for it to hang around all day sucks so badly - and not only that but some members living in North Sea cloud-prone areas have reported clear blues skies this evening while we're stuck with this crap. I'm not impressed. Posted Image

I'm seriously worried about tomorrow now. Someone please reassure me!

Edited by AderynCoch

Another very good summers day here, pleasantly warm with long spells of unbroken sunshine. However some high cloud at times late morning/ early pm, with some cumulus from the South West around 3-5pm but still with some sunny intervals, dry here but within 10 miles had a sharp shower.

Max Temp s look around 24c, felling very warm in the sunshine with a refreshing breeze, more notable than recent days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

19.4c our max under these slate grey skies & chilly breeze.

A truly poor summers day and one of the worst this month. Staggering given the synoptics but that's the power of the dreaded North Sea low cloud - the very worst of British weather.

Aah I can beat that just 17.5C here today. The drizzle has returned as well completing a miserable day.

I understand Aderyncoch concern about tomorrow. If the cloud does stick the cool air will mean that storms will likely to fizzle out as they head towards us. Skies clear and they'll be enough heating to keep them going. This North easterly rubbish is quite normal when a breakdown comes from the south. Often means storms have lost their vigour when they reach us and if it turns misty even more frustrating.

Posted

I feel your sentiments exactly Scorcher. The sun briefly attempted to come out here twice late in the afternoon and failed. It's bad enough that North Sea cloud has managed to affect us at on this side of the Pennines (avoiding it is one of our great benefits) but for it to hang around all day sucks so badly - and not only that but some members living in North Sea cloud-prone areas have reported clear blues skies this evening while we're stuck with this crap. I'm not impressed. Posted Image

I'm seriously worried about tomorrow now. Someone please reassure me!

Thankfully the cloud is shifting to the south of us, you should see some clearing slightly before me as it looks like the cloud is starting to clear over the Wirral. I'm fairly confident the North Sea muck will be gone from this side of the Pennines before the morning.

http://www.sat24.com/gb

Edited by Scorcher