Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Hot and settled spell discussion and temperature reports July 2013

Only 20.7C here, but I can see the sun trying to sneak through the clouds already. If the cloud breaks, I think we could see mid twenties today here. Tomorrow could be a stuffy one too if the Dewpoints are as high as they are currently being predicted along with those 32C+ temps in places.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Clear skies and 26.1C, feeling very warm and pleasant, back to very warm/hot again in the next few days after a cooler blip yesterday (23.6C).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

To my jaded eyes it looks like a speck of light at the end of a very, very long tunnel.

Feel lucky your 'very, very long tunnel' is only 3 weeks in length instead of 7 years!

Got worse here - drizzle got heavier so everything now soaked. I was going to harvest some seeds today from my garden - not chance now as its all soaked through.

A pitiful 17.3c well below todays 21c max prediction. Still time to recover I guess...

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Well second coldest July day just hitting a heatwave of 16C. Dry though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Lovely again here- around 22c with a cooling Easterly wind.

Lovely.

BBC weather forecaster said tomorrow "could well be the hottest day since 2006", and they have upgraded the temperatures for parts even further.

Posted Image

If this doesn't spark thunderstorms, I don't know what will. :p

Currently 23C here, and feeling rather pleasant compared to what we have had.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.
Posted · Hidden by matty007, July 21, 2013 - double post
Hidden by matty007, July 21, 2013 - double post

Sitting at 21.9 at the moment, once the sun breaks out I'm sure I'll see 26/27c here. Really has been a dismal start though. 

If you look to the West and some places down south the heat is still there, some places are enjoying 29c. It's just much more patchy. 

Tomorrow really will be the last true 'heatwave' day though before it breaks down, maybe reaching 35c as predicted I reckon. Unfortunately there will be more cloud though so won't feel quite as hot as it could. A south easterly wind. 

Tuesday it starts to breakdown with a lot of rain, and by Thursday it's gone. 

To all my summer heat lovers, we can only pray that the thunderstroms are short and the warm air and high pressure return again.....

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Overcast, with drizzle. 16.2c.

Posted

Still overcast in west yorks but temp going right way lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Temperatures look in the mid 20s for my area throughout the coming week so not much different to the last 2 weeks. But we wont have the endless blue skies though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Looks as if, away form any storms, the Triangle will be warmer this week than it was last week?

Posted

Brightening up nicely here now, still a lot of cumulus though. 

Temps at about 23.5C at the moment. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Has turned hot in these last few minutes with the Sun really shining now. Currently 23C and rising.

Posted

A horrible afternoon here with this persistent low cloud and chilly breeze but it does look like the cloud is lifting gradually from the south west so we may see some sunshine this afternoon. A very frustrating day, and weekend.

Posted

Has improved greatly now, can just about sit out in it comfortably now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Dull cloudy and cool no sign of the sun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Hot but hazy here - definitely getting more humid as the day goes on. Not great for tanning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Drizzle stopped but no sunshine. Looking at sat pic it is clearing and suspect a sunny evening ahead. But that's too late to be of any use for this weekend sadly.

Temps trying to lift - currently 18.9c so below average and poor for July.

Still some interesting weather ahead this week at least!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Cloud thinning, and temp has nudged itself up to the dizzy heights of 21.2...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Sunny spells in darlo now the cloud is thinning slowly enough now to allow the sun to poke through

Posted

28.3C in Aviemore, Scotland as of 2pm, reckon they could top yesterday's temperature of 29.2C and maybe even 30C if it stays clear there. A low of 8C this morning as well. Sounds great there this weekend - hot days and cold nights for sleeping.

Edited by audiotech

Posted

28.3C in Aviemore, Scotland as of 2pm, reckon they could top yesterday's temperature of 29.2C and maybe even 30C if it stays clear there. A low of 8C this morning as well. Sounds great there this weekend - hot days and cold nights for sleeping.

Yep, warm air has defiantly moved up North with the high pressure and to the west also. 

Glad you're getting good temps, you certainly deserve it. 

Posted

Well, it's preferences I guess. To me it didn't last close to as long as I hoped. To think there's only one more day of it and then it might be peeing it down until Autumn Posted Image

I just felt like we deserved a long warm Summer for a change, and I'd hardly call two and a half weeks a long long time Posted Image especially as Winter can drag on for three-four months

its neither hot nor cold for long periods in this country but the mild season is usually a lot longer than the cold season, for instance i start doing things at my allotment in march and don't finish till the end of october, same with cutting grass, so that is 8 out of 12 months, i know this year was different but im talking about normally, in march you can get temps of 18c- 20c with sun, in september you can't get snow, and even frost is rare apart form the highest hills in the north usually, so for instance down here i can see warm sun from march till october, but realistically i only see snow in dec, jan, feb, march, and march snow melts anyway, its a myth that winter goes on and on, we are also in british summer time for 7 months of the year and winter time for 5 months, in fact the clocks could easily go back to BST at the start of march

Edited by Tony27

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Stunning day again, really does feel like being in central/southern France, 28.4C and feeling hot.