Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Hot and settled spell discussion and temperature reports July 2013

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Temps maxed today at around 21.6C - over 6C cooler than yesterday. A very big disappointment without even a break in the cloud cover so far today.

aye but I noticed that the humidity in Lyneham is on the rise, definitely muggier than earlier today, very calm, after a stiff breeze this morning, sun now out and temp rising to 23.8C currently

Posted

at least the 500mb charts look lovely for today even if its dull and with a howling easterly wind outside

Posted

Snow comes with warnings too? That seems pretty popular too yet very disruptive.

Well yes, but the dangers of any given weather type are pretty obvious. But with sun and heat it's all sweetness and light and generally a good thing, right? That's so far from reality and I think it gets so hyped up from a combination of novelty value/herd mentality and the opportunity for retailers to big things up and flog their tacky summer wares. That's applicable all year round in one form or another, of course. Today is considerably cooler than of late and I'm not working, but I'm still uncomfortably warm and feel clammy,exhausted and generally fatigued from the relentless heat of late. It's so draining. And exposure to the sun can have deadly consequences further down the line than getting a bit wet on the way to work cos' of a pesky shower.  Maybe one day it'll be as acceptable as smoking. I wish it would only come out at night....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

BBC weather for next week

Humidity rising

Thunderstorms Likely

Possibly cooling later

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Felt warm despite the low cloud cover all day here. 

Look at Altnaharra in the far North of Scotland coming in 2nd from top temp!! Very impressive heatwave in terms of it being shared out UK wide! 

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Well the hot spell ended suddenly today briefly it looked like the cloud would lift early but instead thickened up with the sun failing to make any impact on it. Tomorrow should be the same so it's a question how the pressure systems position themselves whether the hot weather returns or not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

GFS looking good for southern areas next week, seems like there is no real breakdown at all with temperatures staying in the mid-high 20s until Saturday at least. The low is moving further west each run, it's not over yet! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

GFS looking good for southern areas next week, seems like there is no real breakdown at all with temperatures staying in the mid-high 20s until Saturday at least. The low is moving further west each run, it's not over yet! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Will probably happen actually, low moves west with each run, and end up being 30°C on friday, UKMO though looks a little better/cooler temps just right, nothing cold, but the favourite has to be staying hot

Posted

With the charts showing 31C/32C widely and high humidity coming into play next week, what sort of "feels like" temperatures would we be looking at on Monday/Tuesday?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

ECMWF not looking too hot, air on friday seems to be more from Atlantic, meaning cooler but still around 23°C, but better than 33C if models move low west

Posted

All of the sites I've looked at, have feel like temps lower than actual for next week. We'll soon know! l

With the charts showing 31C/32C widely and high humidity coming into play next week, what sort of "feels like" temperatures would we be looking at on Monday/Tuesday?

Edited by Rammie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Temperature's almost hit 30c in Aviemore today

Jersey looks to be the UK hot spot tomorrow (Sunday) with temperatures peaking at around 29c in St Helier

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted

Turned into a pretty nice evening with the sun coming out properly after 3pm.

I hope there's less cloud around tomorrow though.

Posted

I hope this heat wave goes out with a bang, rather than all these half hearted 'easing' back into normal conditions ,that we seem to always get nowadays.

I had a sort of lump in my throat today thinking that maybe the heat won't come back??!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy

Had a high of 24.3c today in Reading breaking the run of temperatures reaching the high 20's which even though i've loved this hot spell it has been nice to be cooler for a day, in fact we've managed 29c every day since last Saturday making this the most persistent hot spell i've witnessed since 2003 in the UK although we haven't officially reached 30c as far as i'm aware. 

Met Office showing us back up to 28c tomorrow with 31c on Monday before temps dropping back into the mid 20's with showers and storms. Perfect end to such a glorious spell of weather, hoping we get some storms. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

Really was cool today, almost felt cold to be honest after what we've had. Largely due to the high cloud cover and higher winds. 

Peaked at about 23c I think. Would feel sort of warm if the cloud wasn't so vast and the winds weren't higher than they've been. 

Tomorrow looks much warmer and less cloud cover so should be closer to what we've been getting, should be quite a bit better than today at least.  

Looking at the forecasts just now and it seems to be a big improvement on when I looked yesterday, will still be more unsettled next week than last week but doesn't look nearly as bad with temps staying half decent and not so much rain as was on the forecasts for next week yesterday. 

Edited by matty007

Posted

Looking at the forecasts and models for next week I think we'll see our peak temps of the year on Tuesday. it even said that last Monday when I looked ahead to the Tuesday coming up. Will certainly be the warmest day. Add the humidity to it and it really will feel hot, showing a max of 33c at the moment. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

If GFS verified, the mean max here to the 28th would be 25.0C, within a degree of July 2006 (25.8C).

Edited by cheese

Posted

BBC weather showing a high of 33C on Monday in Heathrow, which is backed by the GFS. - http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/7284876

Posted Image

If there isn't any cloud, I can see 34/35C being recorded somewhere on Monday, but maybe that's just me being too optimistic!

I still think Tuesday will be the hottest day. All the forecasts and models I've seen are a degree or two higher on Tuesday. Supposed to be less cloud cover as well. 

Posted

Wish I was at Heathrow for my bday tomorrow. Shows unbroken sunshine from 11:00 till 6/7 and 29c. 

In Saffron Walden it's quite a bit of cloud cover until 18:00 ish. Hopefully that'll clear come tomorrow. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Wish I was at Heathrow for my bday tomorrow. Shows unbroken sunshine from 11:00 till 6/7 and 29c. 

In Saffron Walden it's quite a bit of cloud cover until 18:00 ish. Hopefully that'll clear come tomorrow. 

Sunday (today) or Monday (tomorrow)? Posted Image whatever, Happy Birthday.Posted Image

I can feel a stormy week a brewing. Mind you, I did say that over a week ago and seemingly I could be on the ball.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

I still think Tuesday will be the hottest day. All the forecasts and models I've seen are a degree or two higher on Tuesday. Supposed to be less cloud cover as well.

Tuesday could be hotter, but by then, I think some of the hotter uppers have drifted back away from the UK, and the BBC forecast is showing Tuesday quite a bit cooler than it did earlier.

The models haven't been able to get much of a grip so far, so I think it could happen on either day, I just personally see Monday having more ingredients to see those mid thirties temperatures than Tuesday.

Edit: Happy Birthday!

Edited by Sainsbo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Amazing feel much more comfortable in the flat tonight with the lower temps,  a few degrees down it's just about 28C now indoors still feeling very warm though,  been 30C-32C for many days inside the flat and 30C at nights mostly, and with a cooler stronger breeze now it feels nice compared to being permanently hot for so long. outside earlier late eve really pleasant feel about the air, if only we could have mid way hot days sunshine with cooler nights and a few storms and rain at times that be great.

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm