Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 16th July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

Woop warmest day since July 2006 today!!!!! maxed out at 29.2c with rich blue skies, strong sunshine and little cloud, still awaiting that 'easterly strong breeze', had very little breeze all day bar a few rogue gusts but felt considerably less humid to yesterday.

Incredible thunder potential next week, if those charts can't break our 5 year no proper storms curse then nothing will.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

A super day here. Not many clouds at all, but a light breeze to stop things getting unbearable. Shows how good this spell has been that the max of 29.4 °C makes today only the third warmest day in the last week! Still 25-26 °C when I went for a walk in the local lanes at eight o'clock. It's a long time since I did that and genuinely felt too hot -- maybe it was even 2006!

Not looking forward to next week, though. Unlike many on here, I'm not a big storm fan as I hate high humidity. Plus I have to travel to Bristol on Wednesday, and would prefer not to end up drenched, either from sweat or torrential rain!

Jesus there's some right girls on here

41C and above normally sorts out the wheat from the chaff...To think it took near on seven years to get a proper taster of Summer? If it doesn't rain it pours LOL :) Warm enough again tonight - thankfully no early alarm call tomorrow, still going for a 25-27C tomorrow, bit of cloud seldom hurt anyone either. Back to 30+ Monday. Stuff the nanny state!!!Enjoy. Edited by triple_x1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

41C and above normally sorts out the wheat from the chaff...

To think it took near on seven years to get a proper taster of Summer? If it doesn't rains it pours LOL Posted Image

Warm enough again tonight - thankfully no early alarm call tomorrow, still going for a 25-27C tomorrow, bit of cloud seldom hurt anyone either.

Enjoy.

My alarm went off at 5 this morning and I was so tired I could hardly keep my head up. Hate that feeling. Day got even worse when my work colleague overslept and I had to open up on my own!

My alarm went off at 5 this morning and I was so tired I could hardly keep my head up. Hate that feeling. Day got even worse when my work colleague overslept and I had to open up on my own!

Been there done that Crewe...yes, not always ideal - if we had similar conditions year in year out, without fail then we'd probably not be holding this convo mate :) Breeze has gone into overdrive past ten mins though, no exaggeration. Moon almost full..

Posted

Wow where has this lovely breeze suddenly whipped up from? At last I'm getting some airflow through the house!

Bish

Posted

What the? Sudden increase in wind....from almost dead calm to moderately breezy in literally minutes ?

Wish it would hit here, flat calm and house is like an oven, amazing the difference when we don't have that Cheshire Gap breeze, from 16-18c at this time of night last week to still 22.9c now!

Disappointing though that the north sea muck looking certain for all the region tomorrow, you'd think by this time of year it wouldn't be an issue, *should* hopefully burn back in the afternoon though, same for Sunday.

Posted

Been there done that Crewe...yes, not always ideal - if we had similar conditions year in year out, without fail then we'd probably not be holding this convo mate Posted Image

Breeze has gone into overdrive past ten mins though, no exaggeration. Moon almost full..

Yes there's a breeze flowing through my window now.....AT LAST!

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Lovely this breeze is blowing through the house with all the windows open. 17.5c now

Wow where has this lovely breeze suddenly whipped up from? At last I'm getting some airflow through the house! Bish

Aye, and I haven't even opened the wallet yet lol..Airflow gimme airflow :) This is Summer at it's best IMO - coinciding with a week end for the umpteenth time.

Posted

Is it to early to be getting excited for our first potential storm here in years?! 

After missing out by 5 miles on the end of June one's last year which seemed to hit everywhere in a 100 mile radius but here Monday Night/Tuesday surely has to be the one to break the curse! i'd love a good late evening/night time storm like the ones of 1st May 2005 and 2nd July 2006 again especially! both of which had hours and hours of spectacular lightning.

Off to Cyprus next weekend to so escaping just as the Atlantic mush returns :lol:

Posted

Is it to early to be getting excited for our first potential storm here in years?! 

After missing out by 5 miles on the end of June one's last year which seemed to hit everywhere in a 100 mile radius but here Monday Night/Tuesday surely has to be the one to break the curse! i'd love a good late evening/night time storm like the ones of 1st May 2005 and 2nd July 2006 again especially! both of which had hours and hours of spectacular lightning.

Off to Cyprus next weekend to so escaping just as the Atlantic mush returns Posted Image

Fingers crossed eh Conor. The thought of a storm is giving me palpatations with the excitement. It's been so long!

Aye, and I haven't even opened the wallet yet lol..

If I opened my wallet, the tumbleweed would fall out.

Posted

Im with you on that Crew, fingers crossed.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Warmest night of the year last night, low of 16.8c, already 25.4c at the moment and the richest blue sky of this hot spell so far, still yet to have much of a breeze though so 28c on the cards again.

Hopefully you are now fully cured of your telford cloud fixation!

Posted

The BBC weather use the airports around the uk for data and have been doing so for as long as i can remember, also Shefali on midlands today said on tuesdays that birmingham reach 30c

and regarding coventry airport it wasn't weatheronline that i used it was....... http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/Pages/Metar-Archive.aspx

Nothing against airport weather stations but Coventry is erroneous.

Posted

Shefali must have rounded up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Off to Cyprus next weekend to so escaping just as the Atlantic mush returns Posted Image

Atlantic mush, a winter expression to me, relief correct word this time of year, not sure about storms, bbc having none of it, suggests bone dry and cooler on wednesday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Morning, well it looks like I am right on the edge of this North Sea cloud today as the sun is starting to break through Posted Image 

Posted

Much fresher and comfortable feel to the day, cloudy 17.5c N/W.

Posted

Sun showed its facea couple of minutes ago, making a valiant attemt to remove this muck already.

Off down south for a couple of days shortly, back in Shrews Monday evening, to a storm maybe???

Posted

Atlantic mush, a winter expression to me, relief correct word this time of year, not sure about storms, bbc having none of it, suggests bone dry and cooler on wednesday

Looks pretty good for a plume type event Monday Night to me still, to be fair despite the 'breakdown' it's looking a decent week, still 22-24c behind the cold front with plenty of sunshine and convective potential.

GFS also going for, admittedly isolated, thunderstorms tomorrow evening/night in the west of the region.

In the meantime the muck has hit this morning although it's stayed bright and the sun's breaking through from time to time, very warm again last night, didn't drop below 17.1c!