Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 16th July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

Yup..glad I didn't head for the Canaries, where temps have been pretty much neck and neck if not a smidge lower at times? Mention of a 32C for E Wales, borders and W Mids. So probably even a little hotter here today :) And who needs palm fringed beaches? As for next week, my thoughts at this stage - could scrape a 33C even 34C but as humidity and threatening clouds increase the 'fun' should probably KO Wednesday night into Thursday...anyone possibly scared of thunder or lightning should reconsider clearing out the broom cupboard or nearest equivalent :)

i think i timed my visit to the canaries perfectly, 29th-5thjuly, back just in time for this nice spell but missed the rain during that spell, with a UV of 11 i caught a nice tan too Edited by Staffordshire

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

25.5c here in the shade, and 28.7c in the Sun, Some prime places could touch 32/33c later i think. 

Just got back from a cheeky dip down Lathkill Dale, the water is freezing as its all spring water at the head of the river. Perfect for cooling me off...  I now have ball's like isotopes.

post-12319-0-81556900-1374233477_thumb.j

post-12319-0-68590400-1374233500_thumb.j

post-12319-0-17003400-1374233523_thumb.j

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Whats with the Netweather forecast for Nottingham tomorrow, cloudy with outbreaks of rain ???

I know its suppose to be a cloudy start for the East Midlands tomorrow with cooler tempertures but my local radio forecast had cloud burning back to the coast by the afternoon with pleasant sunny intervals developing, no mention of rain or showers in the forecast. Although in fairness my lawn could do with some

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Suspect too that one often way too high especially minima, even though it is listed on weatheronline. Not seen it referenced on the met office site so dubious, 29c the hottest so far at bablake school and church lawford not far from Baginton airport.

The BBC weather use the airports around the uk for data and have been doing so for as long as i can remember, also Shefali on midlands today said on tuesdays that birmingham reach 30c

and regarding coventry airport it wasn't weatheronline that i used it was....... http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/Pages/Metar-Archive.aspx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

28c at 1pm. Very deep blue skies with no haze or cloud thus a stronger sun. If it stays this way we could breach 30c again!

Posted

Just got back from a cheeky dip down Lathkill Dale, the water is freezing as its all spring water at the head of the river. Perfect for cooling me off...  I now have ball's like isotopes.

Lovely pics, cheers for sharing.

PM was it yourself who posted those amazing pics of the Derbyshire snow drifts in late March? Any chance of some comparative pics - it'd be fascinating to see the same locations side-by-side :)

Bish

Posted

Lovely pics, cheers for sharing. PM was it yourself who posted those amazing pics of the Derbyshire snow drifts in late March? Any chance of some comparative pics - it'd be fascinating to see the same locations side-by-side :) Bish

Yes Bish, will pop them up later, will take a few shots this afternoon for you.

Posted

Currently 26.3c here, and I don't think I've seen a single cloud all day.

Bish

Yes Bish, will pop them up later, will take a few shots this afternoon for you.

Cheers PM, I look forward to seeing them - those pics from March were absolutely stunning.

Bish

Posted

There's a good breeze picked up here this afternoon which has taken the edge of the 'hot' feel that we've had.

Also feels a good deal less humid too, seemingly it's the bearable day of the heatwave.

I'm really enjoying it though, watching all the garden flowers coming out in such a display as we've not seen in years!

I'll post some pictures later too :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

Can any one help,seen so many different forecasts for tomorrow ,will birmingham be cloudy or start cloudy, and how warm.ive seen 23c and 28c? Cheers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Clouds are very small here. Not many of them. 29c now - very hot.

Posted

Will do you actually consider yourself in the Midlands? I live in Denton and teach in Glossop sometimes and the kids there sound just as Mancunian as they do here- a very northern place in so many ways and further north than many parts of Manchester!

Posted

30c reached again! Far fewer clouds than the last couple of days!

Posted

Currently 26.3c here, and I don't think I've seen a single cloud all day.

Bish

Cheers PM, I look forward to seeing them - those pics from March were absolutely stunning.

Bish

Here you go Bish..Taken 10min ago, comparison now and 4 months ago, Hopefully we will see the same in 4 months ! 27.7c just now.

post-12319-0-23778400-1374244906_thumb.j

post-12319-0-43121500-1374244931_thumb.j

post-12319-0-39869400-1374244956_thumb.j

post-12319-0-85857500-1374244972_thumb.j

post-12319-0-52137800-1374245029_thumb.j

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

Afternoon midlands hope everyone is enjoying this amazing spell of weather

My local area forum seems rather slow so I was just after some info regrading latest model runs. My last update given to me several days ago said that this spell could be here till mid August but us it right the latest updates have changed all this. I'm attending a local festival in scunny on August. 3rd and hoping for dry weather at least. Although an age away what are the latest runs showing! I personally don't really understand them!!

Thanks

:)

Edited by Lincstim

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Here you go Bish..Taken 10min ago, comparison now and 4 months ago, Hopefully we will see the same in 4 months ! 27.7c just now.

"Comparisons of all comparisons" SUPERB photos, I know that BISH asked for them but its going to make him a touch on the sad side knowing that he lost all he's, chin-up BISH.

Posted

Afternoon midlands hope everyone is enjoying this amazing spell of weather

My local area forum seems rather slow so I was just after some info regrading latest model runs. My last update given to me several days ago said that this spell could be here till mid August but us it right the latest updates have changed all this. I'm attending a local festival in scunny on August. 3rd and hoping for dry weather at least. Although an age away what are the latest runs showing! I personally don't really understand them!!

Thanks

Posted Image

Even the models dont have a clue a.t.m, after the stormy spell 2nd half of next week, we could have another reload of hot/warm weather, or it could turn unsettled of the Atlantic... Im more on the thought's of unsettled with high pressure to our N/W, but we shall see. Wait until later next week for a clearer picture from the models.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Just checked my screen and its 30.6c warmest day here....0.3c warmer than yesterday.... Lebanese marinated cod kebabs and szechuan pork kebabs in fridge ready for grilling..... Prosecco open.... Fans on..... Radio on..... Lovely....

Posted

Would like to see the reverse comparison for myself.....ie ive now been in glossop since may 2nd.....wouldnt mind a good snowfall in winter to compare..... Lovely photos though....

Posted

Cheers PM, and my oh my WHAT a comparison! Amazing to think we still had plenty of lying snow as recently as early April.

I'm sure I've said this a million times before, but you really are lucky to live in such a wonderful area :)

Bish

Posted

Would like to see the reverse comparison for myself.....ie ive now been in glossop since may 2nd.....wouldnt mind a good snowfall in winter to compare..... Lovely photos though....

Not long to wait now then, have snow every year here, March produced some of the largest drifts I have seen for years with severe drifting in Easterly gales, some 4/5 meters and up to the bedroom windows in places localy. I see you are at 300m to, it helps being out in open away from built up areas as temps can really plummet, we had a low of -20c during 2010 winter here.

Cheers PM, and my oh my WHAT a comparison! Amazing to think we still had plenty of lying snow as recently as early April.

I'm sure I've said this a million times before, but you really are lucky to live in such a wonderful area Posted Image

Bish

Thanks Bish, took them specially for you Posted Image It looked a lot better than that before they cut for hay last week !

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

horrid today, highest of year 30.5°C max, cooler tomorrow thank heavens with north sea misty low cloud, and still FI but increasing signs of a cool down by wednesday with low pressure and rain thank heavens, who knows maybe thunder/lightning as well