Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 16th July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

An NHS Level 3 Heatwave Alert has been declared across the West Midlands.Official communication: "It is predicted that we have a 90% chance of hitting heatwave thresholds between now and tomorrow evening. This means patients and other vulnerable people are at risk and it has been claimed that 760 deaths have already been attributed to this current hot weather spell in England.ALL staff are required to look at the Trusts Heatwave Plan and ensure that the relevant actions for a level 3 alert are implemented within their areas. It is everybody’s responsibility to ensure that vulnerable patients and staff are identified and given adequate fluids and reasonable steps are taken to keep areas cool. Please remember it is also Ramadan at the moment and this brings a significantly increased risk of dehydration and heat related illness to this group of the population."Sounds pretty serious.Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

28.3c now.

Posted

26.8c here right now, about 1.5c warmer than this time yesterday when we eventually got up to 29.4c

Interesting news re Estofex, thanks for sharing that with us Staffordshire.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Thunderstorms, Snow

28.4C here, 55% humidity. A few cumulus drifting around.

Just as hot as yesterday here if not a little further ahead.

Posted

Christ 760? Had no idea it was anything like that, heat is a killer!

I must admit I was pretty horrified when I read that number as well. Tends to put everything into perspective.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Well the kind of heat island here has just been exemplified perfectly to me! I've just been to the garden centre just outside of stourbridge but in the countryside. Car was reading 27.5c when I left. 6 miles back home and it's showing 29c!! :D 31c today? :D

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Some convective cloud around now, unfortunately the arrival of easterlies will stop the chance of those nice refreshing evening Cheshire Gap breezes we've had thus far this week.

27.3c now, just another degree to go to beat Saturdays value.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

27c here in the shade, and 30c in the sun. Patchy cloud.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

30c! :D

Posted

30c! Posted Image

You could touch 32c later.. cloud dependant.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Only just hit 28c here a bit disappointed really i expected more !!! The way temps shot up this morning i thought 30c all the way today

Posted

Hovering around 28c now, a distinct lack of breeze today so the air feels very heavy and thundery but the buildup of CU there was is fizzling away again now.

Posted

Yep cloud clearing earlier than yesterday meaning its very hot. Approaching 31c slowly now!

Yep cloud clearing earlier than yesterday meaning its very hot. Approaching 31c slowly now!

C'mon you can do it...stick on the central heating for an hour LOL.To think around this time last week there was mention of a breakdown...for now? Edited by triple_x1

Posted

Noticeable how wunderground stations in our area are at 29-31c though east of Birmingham it's 27-28.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

I couldn't agree more, Some of them are way off either because of cheap stations or location like situating it on a patio where heat is ott, But even on Meteoceil the temp observationswas showing on the south coast 31c at 8:30 this morning so there are ones that are way off even on more so called credible sites, but going back to the monkspath weather stationtemp observations it just gives a general idea of whats going on with temps around the midlands, But yes ignore the ones that are way off.Tony you mentioned "Nowhere officially topped 30c for the Midlands this spell" Coventry airport did last saturday topped out at 31c.

Suspect too that one often way too high especially minima, even though it is listed on weatheronline. Not seen it referenced on the met office site so dubious, 29c the hottest so far at bablake school and church lawford not far from Baginton airport.