Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 16th July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

28.5c max here in the end just about beating last Saturday's max, utterly incredible GFS 12z with a massive thundery breakdown next Thursday in 30/31c heat, now that would be perfect.

Certainly notable hotter feel this eve without that breeze to cool things off, warmest night of this spell seems probable tonight.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Yeah but GFS a week away!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Max of 31c just about today!

Posted

Seems to be a trend to breakdown from the South West though at least rather than the high moving west like we usually get.

Monday looking good for the SW of the region at the moment but it may well trend further south west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Seems to be a trend to breakdown from the South West though at least rather than the high moving west like we usually get.Monday looking good for the SW of the region at the moment but it may well trend further south west.

I would expect any early thundery potential to get downgraded. It already has for this Sunday really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

miles warmer now, without that NW wind, horrid actually, evenings and overnight the worst, today was 29.0°C warmest of year, hope UKM0 has this right and gets cooler tues/wed

Posted

miles warmer now, without that NW wind, horrid actually, evenings and overnight the worst, today was 29.0°C warmest of year, hope UKM0 has this right and gets cooler tues/wed

Any luck with getting your name changed? Seems bizarre the site won't allow you to amend it.

Bish

Posted

Maxed out at 31c at 350pm..... Still 28c..... Doors and windws open fans on no breeze..... Stiffling....

Wow I'm down to 23.2c now, and quite a nice breeze is blowing through the house (thank goodness).

Bish

Posted

Wow I'm down to 23.2c now, and quite a nice breeze is blowing through the house (thank goodness).Bish

same here regarding the breeze bishie 760 deaths due to heat, im fairly certain those deaths wernt a result of the heat alone, the heat was likely to be a small factor in an already endangered individual, we know how much the media exagerates...however dont take that the wrong way.

Posted

Still 26.1c here, warmest evening of this spell so far, some 6c warmer than this time yesterday, amazing how much different it makes when we don't have the evening Cheshire Gap breeze.

ECM a scorcher although both it and UKMO keep easterly winds which would keep any thundery potential south, ECM would bring 26-31c right the way out to 240hrs!

Edited by conor123

Posted

facing north/northwest sucks now, lost that NW wind, so miles warmer with no air, unlike last few nights, the night's suck, just want morning to arrive at this time of year

Posted

Yep, warmest night it seems so far, definite continental feel about things - same again tomorrow...deal or no deal Posted Image

lol I get the impression you're rather enjoying this spell of weather, TX1 :)

Bish

Posted

Still 21c here! Love it though. Can just walk around freely. Im sure some of you need to invest in better fans or actually get an air con system like I have. Its so much better. No need for all the complaining then. 

I just hope the CFS isnt right for August. Could be a stinker at times. But whatever happens this month and a fairly decent June will mean this summer is by far the best since 2006!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny

Definitely warmest night of this spell tonight, still 20.5c.

Definitely, had to go to air conned pub for a few tonight.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Dropped to pleasant 12,1c here last night, it's going to be a hot one today, no haze or cloud here this morning.

Temp 15.2c        

Posted

should be a bit better tomorrow, north sea misty low cloud, welcomed by me, set to affect the west midlands all morning, bbc has it affecting Stafford until 2pm

my min last night 16.3°C, lot worse than PM at 305m, not sure if elevation helps to get a cooler night

Posted

should be a bit better tomorrow, north sea misty low cloud, welcomed by me, set to affect the west midlands all morning, bbc has it affecting Stafford until 2pm

my min last night 16.3°C, lot worse than PM at 305m, not sure if elevation helps to get a cooler night

Yes IHTR, im sure elevation and living in the sticks helps keep temps a little cooler here during the night, I keep every window open to keep cool, I really am looking forward to some sort of breakdown now. I dont want to spoil it for others, Im just crap in hot weather.. Plus im having to take a charity group of 22 up Snowdon for sunrise on Saturday night, im just glad it's through the night and not in the daytime heat.

3mm rain so far this month.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

23.4c here now and rising..

lol I get the impression you're rather enjoying this spell of weather, TX1 :)Bish

Yup..glad I didn't head for the Canaries, where temps have been pretty much neck and neck if not a smidge lower at times? Mention of a 32C for E Wales, borders and W Mids. So probably even a little hotter here today :) And who needs palm fringed beaches? As for next week, my thoughts at this stage - could scrape a 33C even 34C but as humidity and threatening clouds increase the 'fun' should probably KO Wednesday night into Thursday...anyone possibly scared of thunder or lightning should reconsider clearing out the broom cupboard or nearest equivalent :) Edited by triple_x1

Posted

Warmest night of the year last night, low of 16.8c, already 25.4c at the moment and the richest blue sky of this hot spell so far, still yet to have much of a breeze though so 28c on the cards again.