Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Risk Discussion - 21st July 2013 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

Is anyone chasing over the next couple of days? 

well I will be out but only if its local, as I start work at 7:45, I should be sleeping now 

Oh well 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

I would think the MCS many would see that moving on the horizon if not heading there way, night lightning can be seen great distances if clear ahead of the storm up to 150 Miles? , I would say at least a 30 mile distance for most storms inland.

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter

Had a few faint flashes in Southampton but saw it was all heading west of here so went on a mini chase to Dorset. Some fantastic lightning around the Wimborne area, mostly cloud to cloud but a few dangerous looking CG's aswell and plenty of deep rolling thunder. Some torrential rain too. Great start to the week, hopefully a lot more to come!

Now time for sleep! Posted Image

Posted

I will be chasing. I originally planned to head for Bristol and see what was happening but I think I will head straight to Banbury and see what happens. I will look again in the morning but thats the plan for now. I have got the hammock in the car so I can kip practically anywhere if need be.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

wow just had a read of Estofex's forecast for tomorrow Posted Image  

I have been waiting all day for them to update the site, but the wait was worth it

they don't often get it wrong, good luck to all tomorrow and keep safe 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

-

Posted

Looks like some heavy downpours over Dorset(from the storm earlier) moving into Wiltshire going by radar, not any lightning with these at the moment.

Not any lightning on detector at moment anywhere.

Posted

Looks like some heavy downpours over Dorset(from the storm earlier) moving into Wiltshire going by radar, not any lightning with these at the moment.

Not any lightning on detector at moment anywhere.

nothing here.... in potterne.. bit overcast... can see the moon and stars... all died abit...

Edited by lfcdude

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe t/ storms, rain, snow, wind!

Just got back from Portland Bill & Weymouth! So glad we went...shame it's a 45 minute drive for us as we missed the start of it but got to see lots of activity coming in towards Portland and Weymouth...should have got some great pics too. Lets hope we get more tomorrow evening and we may head back that way!

Hubby's photography website is www.oculosphotography.co.uk...if we got some good pics they will be uploaded to this site but please feel free to che k it out too! Thank you x

Posted

Li for tomorrow. 

post-1327-0-14412300-1374454719_thumb.pnpost-1327-0-46054600-1374454731_thumb.pnpost-1327-0-93889900-1374454741_thumb.pnpost-1327-0-58353200-1374454750_thumb.pnpost-1327-0-03959600-1374454763_thumb.pnLi for tomorrow. 

CAPE For the same time 

post-1327-0-69935200-1374454950_thumb.pnpost-1327-0-71007400-1374454964_thumb.pnpost-1327-0-02857900-1374454973_thumb.pnpost-1327-0-73418900-1374454989_thumb.pnpost-1327-0-93173300-1374454997_thumb.pn 

Posted

Just got back from Portland Bill & Weymouth! So glad we went...shame it's a 45 minute drive for us as we missed the start of it but got to see lots of activity coming in towards Portland and Weymouth...should have got some great pics too. Lets hope we get more tomorrow evening and we may head back that way!Hubby's photography website is www.oculosphotography.co.uk...if we got some good pics they will be uploaded to this site but please feel free to che k it out too! Thank you x

Glad you got down there. Storm1080 and I turned around and headed back when we got to Ringwood, I think we left it too late. 

Posted

Is it me or does this look like a tongue..(red line with 50 on top)

Posted Image

Posted

Posted

Amazing for over here

It does look good at the moment, still a long way off yet though. Lets see what it looks like in the morning. 

Is it me or does this look like a tongue..(red line with 50 on top)

Posted Image

maybe its a red carpet! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Anyone clock that MCS in Central France, man thats a corker if you got that over you youd know it! I bet no ones sleeping there tonight!I am sceptical about tomorrow night, I just hope everyone gets something and not like the severe storms that just hit the midlands and no where else a few years back.

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted

Well the first storm (over night) never came anywhere near me, and if it help you lot up North i'm down South.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Looks like some of you near the south coast got some storm activity earlier in the night, some great lightning pics.

Some very exciting forecasts for storms today, I am really looking forward to this one. Although it is currently very cloudy and foggy with temp/dp at 14c/14c.

Just noticed the very active storm just east of Caen. This could be the kind of thing some of us could be awakening to tomorrow.

Edited by Supacell

Posted

Just had a heavy showers from Mid-level convection I think, these around SW London where they developed// edit thunder I'm sure Thunder!!!!  just now!!

Yeah deep thunder Heathrow/Stanwell areas now storm developing around SW London now!!

Posted

Storms in the South...South Coast maybe not so much inland up the road....sorry I have the hump, been up all night waiting. HhMm!

Posted

BIG THUNDERSTORM SPARKING OFF LAST FEW MINUTES HEATHROW AP/STANWELL AREA

Posted

very large TCu visible to the WSW of here (Chelmsford) - nice to see as its completely blue sky everywhere else so sticks out just a bit