Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern Regional Discussion Discussion 23rd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

I'm quite sure the radar isn't showing the intensity of this rainfall. Absolutely astounding totals here I would imagine.

Very jealous.I can see how dark the cloud base is over your way from here. Looks immense.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm , not hot , Sun ,

wow thunder and lightning at Emborough and very heavy rain showers , give the grass / shrubs a good drink , they were needing it .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Pleasant to hear the distant rumbles but I did have to laugh when i checked radar out after delivery driver said gurney slade had torrential thunderstorm and flooding to find out home must be having a great time of it today when Im at work in whitchurch Posted Image

post-8911-0-36282000-1375096366_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

We have had some quite strong gusts of wind here.

Only had a max on my house of 38km/h but I would say in exposure probably touching 50km/h.

Thunder wise though, nothing overhead or close by, but I think I have heard some distant rumbles which is probably from the storms that a lot of you in this thread are getting.

The weather station that is a little bit east of here seems to be getting it now. 4mm/min being recorded there, and this has been going on for a while now. People in their gardens with brooms trying to keep the water out, the road is underwater, and the hail and rain seems to have broken through our conservatory roof. It's stopped for now, hopefully some of this rain can sink in. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Looking towards bath it's just a wall of blackness , it's mental

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Glad the south west in has some decent storms, it seems to be clearing here a bit but still humid.

Posted

Looking west of here, very black, heavy rain (on and off) loud thunder heard but not seen any lightning as of yet, so lovely cloud formations prior, very crisp and clear. Also seems to be another storm towards Swindon way.

Posted

Very dark cloud moving across the sky here at Frenchay. Shame it'll miss me but it looks impressive!

Edited by TimMB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Good to see some interesting reports to read now rather than the running commentaries on every single drop of rain that falls from a 1 minute shower!!! 

Posted

With the TORRO warning out today, things might get interesting with these conditions being experienced by those in the northern part of our area.

Posted

With the TORRO warning out today, things might get interesting with these conditions being experienced by those in the northern part of our area.

The risk has increased I should think now that there is some activity going on............

Posted

Just looking at the cloud I can see what can only be described as a funnel. I realise that it isn't but it certainly looks ominous!

Posted

Just looking at the cloud I can see what can only be described as a funnel. I realise that it isn't but it certainly looks ominous!

Are you sure it's not a funnel cloud?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

thunderstorm number 2 building in the distance off to my south west as I can hear the first deep booms in the distance....happy days!

thunderstorm number 2 building in the distance off to my south west as I can hear the first deep booms in the distance....happy days!

Hopefully this one won't have as much rain with it. I don't know how much more the roads can take before it starts coming into the house. :p

They do seem to be quite local. Both weather stations in the town repiorting wildly different rainfall totals and intensities, and both seem be dwarfed by the amount we've had here.

Ian tweeted last hour "Some interesting cloudbase structures/lowering under these storms... keep eyes peeled for any funnel cloud photo opportunities!" so it's possible that it was :)

Posted

Ian tweeted last hour "Some interesting cloudbase structures/lowering under these storms... keep eyes peeled for any funnel cloud photo opportunities!" so it's possible that it was Posted Image

We must have had at least 50mph gusts with that last storm.

Posted

Ian tweeted last hour "Some interesting cloudbase structures/lowering under these storms... keep eyes peeled for any funnel cloud photo opportunities!" so it's possible that it was Posted Image

Like the sound of that! Posted Image

Edited by TimMB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Can hear more thunder to the southwest again, dark skies in that direction but sunny here at the moment and almost dry after the last one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow & Thunderstorms

Some more thundery rain passing over the hill, going through too quickly for my liking.