Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern Regional Discussion Discussion 23rd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

my rain gauge has just hit 27mm in the past 15 mins...bottom of westbury is flooded Posted Image bloomin epic

you got the same storm as me, ive have just hit 31mm and its still going, constant rumbling, 

amaz balls

fromey

Posted

you got the same storm as me, ive have just hit 31mm and its still going, constant rumbling, 

amaz balls

fromey

your not wrong there :) this has made me happy :)  rain dying back but constant thunder :) ...

im glad im on cable ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frosty / Warm but not hot with a steady breeze

Just got back from work in Chew Stoke, wow, never had so much thunder and lighting in one day as I've had today! The amount of rain falling was huge as well.

Good storm day today!

Posted

your not wrong there Posted Image this has made me happy Posted Image  rain dying back but constant thunder Posted Image ...

im glad im on cable ...

Same here glad im on cable, lot of my friends with sky, not happy bunnys!! brightening up at the moment, looks though it wont last, looking to my S/W its black again.

bring it on, total rain  32.9mm

fromey

Posted

Sunny/windy here, all storms are either side of me, a line to the West and a line to the East, stunning cloudscapes, are they likely to continue as we approach darkness this eve? As if so will get out with the camera.

Posted

Well that was fun!

Watched a stunning CB approach from Frome towards Westbury which the changed direction from SSW-NNE to NW-SE direction meaning I was able to watch lightning all around the NW-SE sides of the house while overhead only had a few minutes of heavy rain!

Mostly IC and sheet lighting though a few CC streaks and loud thunder.

One fascinating aspect was how scud was boiling beneath the CB base.

Posted

Maybe not lightning :) 8 seconds away... going by thunder to seaing constant flashes 

Edited by lfcdude

Posted

more thunder and lighting!!!Posted Image

fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe t/ storms, rain, snow, wind!

Seems to be just missing us...had some heavy rain about 4 pm and a few rumbles of thunder. Looks like another storm incoming but to the north west of us again! I have had such a pressure headache all day so I need a good storm to clear it! What's my chances?

Posted

All to my south stil 8 seconds between seing flash and constant thunder. Had turn pc of and net as it turnt of on got the messege lol

Edited by lfcdude

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Getting another heavy shower now but this time with no thunder.

Been hearing a few more faint rumbles towards Warminster way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Are you a train driver?

Nearly. Secondman/shunter. Work on the freight side of things.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

God its pouring it down now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Nearly. Secondman/shunter. Work on the freight side of things.

I never need an excuse to go off the rails and neither do you it seems. Posted Image  Sounds like fascinating work, in all seriousness.

Judging by the radar, tis looking highly likely that Newbury might get an overhead storm shortly. Estimated arrival time 1815BSTSo far, despite a fair few distant rumbles, storms have gone due North and South of my location.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

I never need an excuse to go off the rails and neither do you it seems. Posted Image  Sounds like fascinating work, in all seriousness.

Judging by the radar, tis looking highly likely that Newbury might get an overhead storm shortly. So far, despite a fair few distant rumbles, storms have gone due North and South of my location.

That last one split due to the higher ground to the north and south - surely the next one? incoming...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I've been hearing thunder from that cell heading towards Andover for the past 30 minutes, must be really active still!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Some large accumulations from these showers today. Wish my rain guage was working Posted Image just got home and everything has run off round here!

However if the netweather radar is accurate some of my area received a good 60mm of rain today.

post-8911-0-68230300-1375118341_thumb.pn