Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern Regional Discussion Discussion 23rd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

Wow what a storm towards Bath and Bristol! Huge CB visible from here thanks to clear sky in between.

Had a few very close rumbles and 1 flash of lightning around 14.30 but it seems that the activity is now splitting somewhat ad the energy reserved for that main storm. The cell SW of Wincanton has recent lightning but is now moving more W-E than the SW-NE movement from earlier.

Looking at the NW radar accumulation facility a line from Wells to Swindon has had getting on for an inch of rain in downpours in the last 4 to 5 hours!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

0.2mm here so far in Newbury, Thunder nowt, fascinating skies though. Still managed to get to 23.3c so the run of Maximum Temps above 70f stretches to 26 days and counting. More heat to come later in the week.

Keep the excellent captures and reports coming, guys n gals.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Just saw a flash and heard some thunder and its coming this way.

I think I am going to get a direct storm now.Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

holy smokes, field to the rear of our garden struck by lightning, I kid you not!......the resultant explosive concussion of thunder should be bottled and prescribed as an instant cure for constipation!!

Posted

Trust me a good thunderstorm!

It was. It looks like it's lost a lot of its potency looking at the rainfall radar.

Posted

holy smokes, field to the rear of our garden struck by lightning, I kid you not!......the resultant explosive concussion of thunder should be bottled and prescribed as an instant cure for constipation!!

I remember being stood in the entrance to the old Do it All building over Greenbridge retail park before it was developed during a storm. Lightning struck the building directly opposite me about 100 yds away. Apart from being blinded for a second as if a flasgun had gone off in your face, there wasn't so much as a clap of thunder as just a loud bang. If you ever seen those tv programs where they try to simulate lightning in a test chamber when all you here is a loud crack as it discharges, it was just like that. No extended rumbles or anything, just a shotgun going off in your ear. Amazing to experience but a bit to close for comfort.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

I eat my words from this morning now.

Just had my first direct storm of the year with frequent crackly sounding thunder before a burst of wind and rain came through.

When that cleared it was the occasional intra cloud lightning and I directly saw one of them.

I am currently hearing rumbles from another load of nice looking storm clouds to my northwest again.Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

At long last, I believe I am hearing distant Thunder. Posted Image

Posted

I eat my words from this morning now.

Just had my first direct storm of the year with frequent crackly sounding thunder before a burst of wind and rain came through.

When that cleared it was the occasional intra cloud lightning and I directly saw one of them.

I am currently hearing rumbles from another load of nice looking storm clouds to my northwest again.Posted Image

Well done Ben. Optimism is always better than pessimism, as in life itself. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

The expected clearance now coming into the SW.

Very happy with today though. One thundery shower and one thunderstorm takes my count up to 2 thunderstorms and 2 thundery showers so far this summer.

I hope we have further days like this to come throughout August. :)

Some amazing cloudscapes too.

Edited by AWD

Posted

more darkness in the skies with constant faint rumbleings ..ahhhh we did have out storm ok maybe a wweek late but better late than never..make that constant rumbles now ..no rain just a big dark someting in the sky :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

19.3c Humidity 84%.Sun does come out of the dark clouds at times. Thunder still heard rolling about..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

afternoon all, today we have really been spoilt, 4 storms and now constant thunder lighting hail and monsoon rain!! 

this makes up for the disappointment of last week!!

fromey 

Posted

afternoon all, today we have really been spoilt, 4 storms and now constant thunder lighting hail and monsoon rain!! 

this makes up for the disappointment of last week!!

fromey 

Can hear it from here... hoping it does not miss me to my south....... Devizes storm shield been very active today with all just missing

Edited by lfcdude

Posted

Can here even more deep low rumbles to my North with some spectaculur looking cloud tops. I am taking some pictures of them and will try to show you lot later if I can.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Can here even more deep low rumbles to my North with some spectaculur looking cloud tops. I am taking some pictures of them and will try to show you lot later if I can.

its hitting me right now, constant thunder lighting hail monsoon rain, loving it!!

fromey

Posted

my rain gauge has just hit 27mm in the past 15 mins...bottom of westbury is flooded Posted Image bloomin epic

Edited by Andy Pepler