Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern Regional Discussion Discussion 23rd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

That last one split due to the higher ground to the north and south - surely the next one? incoming...

Hmmmm. Have I put the proverbial mockers on it? Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Hello All. Its Bristol International Balloon Fiesta (largest free outdoor event in Europe!) next thursday, i'm sure some of you in here will be attending. Looking at the charts, conditions look to be decent as we head into fiesta weekend..

For more information.. http://www.bristolballoonfiesta.co.uk

post-15543-0-47954100-1375118834_thumb.p

post-15543-0-75743600-1375118875_thumb.p

Edited by Mark Neal.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I would not want to be travelling on the A34 Northbound in the next hour or so, judging by the impending supercell like structure heading that way. I think the heaviest of the rainfall will be as AJ pointed out, in the vicinity of Andover, Whitchurch, Basingstoke, Tadley area in the coming couple of hours. Time to batten down the hatches in that neck of the woods.

post-7183-0-92305400-1375119123_thumb.jp

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

There still seems to be another area of ppn back building near me now so be interesting if its another cell developing..

Yes cloud is exploding outwards to my west again with a few claps of thunder again Posted Image

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Some pictures from earlier of the impressive looking clouds to my northwest wich produced frequent rumbles.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

I remember being stood in the entrance to the old Do it All building over Greenbridge retail park before it was developed during a storm. Lightning struck the building directly opposite me about 100 yds away. Apart from being blinded for a second as if a flasgun had gone off in your face, there wasn't so much as a clap of thunder as just a loud bang. If you ever seen those tv programs where they try to simulate lightning in a test chamber when all you here is a loud crack as it discharges, it was just like that. No extended rumbles or anything, just a shotgun going off in your ear. Amazing to experience but a bit to close for comfort.

When storms are around everyone keeps away from me as I seem to attract lightening!  Lightening struck a lamp-post in venice about 15ft away from myself when i was 11, lightening hit the road about 10ft in front of me when I was 15 and I was indirectly hit in 2005.  Must be a genetic thing as my great,great gran was killed by lightening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

yet more lighting and thunder!!!Posted Image

fromey

holy hell that one was close!!!!!!!!!!!!Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Our storm shield works so well I managed to get my washing dry!  Just a couple of heavy showers here with 3 flashes and 3 distant rumbles.

Posted

Torrential rain this afternoon in central Bristol for a whole but only a little thunder and lightning. Well that's all i heard from the office.

Anyone know how that lightning detector App works that Karl83 told us about last week?

i've got it on my phone; thought i'd set it correctly to alarm me but it only works when i actually access the App. Thought it was meant to give off an alarm.

Posted

will it ever stop lolol..that thunder sounds even more nasty now ..deep bellowing boom ..and epic rain again Posted Image

these strikes are getting to close for comfort 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

a house on the south side of trowbridge has had its roof blown off by lightning :O

Blown off by lightning?? 'twas a windy strike then? ;) ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

yet more lighting and thunder!!!Posted Image

fromey

holy hell that one was close!!!!!!!!!!!!Posted Image Posted Image

While I was at work today in the middle of an over head thunderstorm a lady was browsing the plant area holding an umbrella!!!! Posted Image  She then asked me if I would come outside with her for some help, needless to say I said to her I am not walking round with you holding a large lightning conductor!  Some people are utterly stupid Posted Image  Posted Image

Edited by mullender83

Posted

can hear thunder in the distance, guess thats from frome again, bet it falls just to my south again, stil i got to see one strike of falk lightning last time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

This is getting silly now.

You lot north of me are getting spoilt.

Can see another good looking anvil from a storm to my northwest producing more rumbles. I even saw a faint flash from it which was a suprise.

Posted

can hear thunder in the distance, guess thats from frome again, bet it falls just to my south again, stil i got to see one strike of falk lightning last time

we seem to be getting our fair share at the moment, but the strikes are getting to close for comfort!!!

Posted

Can't believe another storm cell has followed exactly the same track s the previous one, saw some stunning lighting again and one very close explosion so a CG somewhere nearby! Though this time only a few drops of rain! Still rumbling away as it moves over the Plain.

I only have 5mm in my gauge in Warminster.

Does anybody in Westbury have an accurate gauge please? If so how much have you had this pm?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Back to sunshine and cloud...20.0c. Humidity 78%...Some thunder still being heard....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Just took this picture of some mammatus clouds coming down from the bottom of the anvil of the cell passing south of Swindon. Really pretty!

Posted Image

Fantastic! I have a similar picture I took on my way home from work too. Taken from Bradley Stoke. I shall post now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Can see dark clouds to the south here, though we have been on edge of the showerband, can see blue sky over me. 

Posted

Can't believe another storm cell has followed exactly the same track s the previous one, saw some stunning lighting again and one very close explosion so a CG somewhere nearby! Though this time only a few drops of rain! Still rumbling away as it moves over the Plain.I only have 5mm in my gauge in Warminster.Does anybody in Westbury have an accurate gauge please? If so how much have you had this pm?

Mine hit 32.9mm in one storm!! a total today is 48mm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Torrential rain this afternoon in central Bristol for a whole but only a little thunder and lightning. Well that's all i heard from the office.Anyone know how that lightning detector App works that Karl83 told us about last week?i've got it on my phone; thought i'd set it correctly to alarm me but it only works when i actually access the App. Thought it was meant to give off an alarm.

Mine seems to work even when I exit the app, but I'm not actually exiting it as such, I'm just pressing the home button so it keeps running in the background. I'm using an HTC One X.

Edited by Karl83