Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern Regional Discussion Discussion 23rd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Rain arriving into many parts of the West Country now, roughly on time too.However, wasn't expecting those storms along the South East Devon/South West Dorset area. It does seen as though any thundery activity is isolated though, but admittedly, more than I thought.I'm interested in how much rainfall we could get over the next 12 hours or so as looking at the radar, some places locally could recieve a fair bit.

12mm here in just over an hour and most of that in the past half hour..........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

12mm here in just over an hour and most of that in the past half hour..........

More to come yet;post-12721-0-29960300-1374936887_thumb.jAlthough if you are on the east of that strip, you could find yourself waiting for any further developments. Edited by AWD

Posted

Feel sorry for the folk down the harbour festival.Was lovely when I was down there at lunch time, but with limited indoor areas, and very few people wearing coats (some wearing little at all), I fear a few wet people/stalls now.

Indeed. Warned a few friends down there what was coming. They've made sure they've got decent spots in the pubs before the masses start to invade all the indoor space in Bristol. Glad i didn't bother going now. Tomorrow looks a better bet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

VERY humid here and VERY stormy looking skies...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

That boring weather is very welcome here by 7pm - been pouring for an hour or so now but need things to dry off for outdoor plans this evening.

Posted

Looking at radar it looks as though the main course is just leaving the kitchen In Cherbourg and the waiter is heading towards IoW. Not clear just how far west that will spread but the band of rain does appear to be getting wider as well as intensifying.

Posted

Just got back from the Harbour festival before the rain arrived, even had enough time to give the grass a trim. Hoping we might get a little flash or rumble later.. fingers crossed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

We have just got absolutely drenched at the Milton Abbas Village fair. The rain made a small river travelling down the hill towards the stalls. We did bring coats and umbrellas, however, many didn't. The sky was very, very laden with Mammatus clouds present before the down pour. I would say the edge of this storm is about Poole/Bmth.

Posted

Dry, sun just made a showing of itself, looking very dark to the South. I feel we may get a surprise of two regarding thunder this eve.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow/thunderstorms

Looking at radar it looks as though the main course is just leaving the kitchen In Cherbourg and the waiter is heading towards IoW. Not clear just how far west that will spread but the band of rain does appear to be getting wider as well as intensifying.

So hope your right. Missed everything so far.

Posted

If somewhere in this threads geographical area is to get some T&L today/tonight, then I think it will be the Southampton - Portsmouth corridor, including the Isle of Wight. Big IF though.

Posted

Not sure where these massive rain totals are gonna come from..

Hmm..

Posted

Not sure where these massive rain totals are gonna come from..Hmm..

The Sky! ;) ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Not sure where these massive rain totals are gonna come from..

Hmm..

Theres a big amount of rain coming up from France and looks like it will give southeast England the massive rain totals instead.Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

wheres all the southern isle of white crew please send reports gonna be a nice view across the channel.

Posted
  • Location: Atherfield, 0.8 km from SW coast, Isle of Wight, 35m ASL
  • Location: Atherfield, 0.8 km from SW coast, Isle of Wight, 35m ASL

wheres all the southern isle of white crew please send reports gonna be a nice view across the channel.

To honest, it looks darker west than south.  Anyway, looks like it's got our name on it tonight.  Washing in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

To honest, it looks darker west than south.  Anyway, looks like it's got our name on it tonight.  Washing in.

yeah I noticed it looks darker to the sw than s and se.

Posted

Some pretty impressive cloud formations layering up to the sw of me at the mo. Very dark too.Wish I had a decent SLR to take some pics.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

AWD, on 27 Jul 2013 - 16:34, said:

If somewhere in this threads geographical area is to get some T&L today/tonight, then I think it will be the Southampton - Portsmouth corridor, including the Isle of Wight. Big IF though.

And Northwards up to Newbury, aye AWD. Posted Image Please say its so. Posted Image I wouldn't rule out a few more rumbles anywhere from Devon Eastwards over the coming hours. Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

At least its now cooler its been raining.

Shame it wasnt a "fun" breakdown.

Posted

Here's the link to my current local conditions. If anyone is interested. Just scroll down page. http://www.isleofwightweather.co.uk