Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern Regional Discussion Discussion 23rd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Shall we all have a little snigger at our South East cousins;

"Very latest assessment reduces widespread thundery threat SE England and downplays high convective gusts; hail expected small (sub 8mm)."

"Likely too that major MCS will only clip or miss SE. Still heavy rain and some thunder but for sure nothing near as bad as France."

I joke of course!

And regarding our area from Ian, some better news;

"W COUNTRY Any heavier rain likely to be thro a period into early-mid eve, probably Wilts/Glos but nothing exceptional. No real risk thundery"

"Latest UKMO assessment generally much less threatening across S England: much more positive, despite areas of heavy rain/some thunder later"

Still some rain forecast then, but hopefully not troublesome amounts now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Shall we all have a little snigger at our South East cousins;"Very latest assessment reduces widespread thundery threat SE England and downplays high convective gusts; hail expected small (sub 8mm).""Likely too that major MCS will only clip or miss SE. Still heavy rain and some thunder but for sure nothing near as bad as France."I joke of course!And regarding our area from Ian, some better news;"W COUNTRY Any heavier rain likely to be thro a period into early-mid eve, probably Wilts/Glos but nothing exceptional. No real risk thundery""Latest UKMO assessment generally much less threatening across S England: much more positive, despite areas of heavy rain/some thunder later"Still some rain forecast then, but hopefully not troublesome amounts now.

Im positive that this will change again :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Highlighted areas show promise.

Looks like some convection around exeter area has created a moderate shower.. Will it grow? Unlikely... But never know in these conditions..

post-182-0-57955200-1374919485_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

Hello there.

I have set up a Net weather fantasy football league free to enter for anyone who likes football.

Simply go to www.premierleague.com and pick a team!.

Then once you have done this go to leagues and punch in this code in this code 284650-75358.

Hope to see some of you there.

Anyway I'm off out to enjoy some of this Saturday weather, think we are staying dry here in Cornwall.

Have a great weekend and take care

Posted

Hello there.I have set up a Net weather fantasy football league free to enter for anyone who likes football.Simply go to www.premierleague.com and pick a team!.Then once you have done this go to leagues and punch in this code in this code 284650-75358.Hope to see some of you there.Anyway I'm off out to enjoy some of this Saturday weather, think we are staying dry here in Cornwall.Have a great weekend and take care

I can't do it now mate, but busy. PM me that post though before it gets lost so I can join later please.Thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hi,

I'm not sure if anyone caught this post from the MOD thread, but I think this is fair assessment from OMM of today's unfolding situation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is tempting at this stage to claim the forecast from yesterday was all wrong, but this is still a developing situation.

The frontal boundary right now has a N-S orientation but upper winds are still SSW so everything is currently shifted further E. But the satellite presentation shows the boundary is forming a wave to the S and storms are still developing just to the E of it.

What I find particularly interesting is the huge storm cell that moved up the Channel overnight. It's appearance on satellite gives every impression of it being a meso-cyclone; the cirrus outflow is like a mini-hurricane, so it is so powerful it has created this. I don't recall seeing such a storm in a long time.

http://www.sat24.com/en/gb

Rain seems to be gathering to the S, so anything might happen as the day goes on.

The model longer term outlook brings us firmly into Atlantic air, at least for a time, but the prospect remains for another plume situation developing in a few days.

Fascinating weather!

Posted

Hi all. Currently camping near Wells and have limited battery life on my phone, so haven't been able to trawl all the threads! Can anyone give an update please on current forecast re heavy rain and esp any thunder threat for this region this evening through to Sunday please? Don't mind a bit of 'normal' rain, but might decide to pack up early if going to be thunder/torrential rain! ( we are due to be leaving tomorrow anyway). Thanks

Posted

Hi all. Currently camping near Wells and have limited battery life on my phone, so haven't been able to trawl all the threads! Can anyone give an update please on current forecast re heavy rain and esp any thunder threat for this region this evening through to Sunday please? Don't mind a bit of 'normal' rain, but might decide to pack up early if going to be thunder/torrential rain! ( we are due to be leaving tomorrow anyway). Thanks

No thunder/storm threat for the region today or tonight.Still with a degree of uncertainty, but the latest is for bog standard moderate rainfall to commence later this afternoon and last into the evening (broadly speaking).Rainfall amounts shouldn't be troublesome, although some locally heavy falls are possible. Most, away from Devon & Cornwall, will see bog standard, average falls.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

I can't do it now mate, but busy. PM me that post though before it gets lost so I can join later please.Thanks.

Will do mate, we have 3 weeks till the start.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

No thunder/storm threat for the region today or tonight.

Still with a degree of uncertainty, but the latest is for bog standard moderate rainfall to commence later this afternoon and last into the evening (broadly speaking).

Rainfall amounts shouldn't be troublesome, although some locally heavy falls are possible. Most, away from Devon & Cornwall, will see bog standard, average falls.

a few developments currently occurring in the channel might change that bud, a line of thundery showers has developed from the Exeter area due south through the channel, sferics now being detected...these showers are drifting slowly NNE....as to whether or not they hold together/develop/fall apart is anyone's guess, but the current radar just goes to show that it really is a nowcast situation Posted Image

Posted

Despite AWDs confidence, it seems the weather has once again fooled us all (including the pros) as there are some electrically enhanced cells potentially heading into parts of East Devon and West Dorset over the coming hours. Whose to say there won't be some decent storms after all. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Despite AWDs confidence, it seems the weather has once again fooled us all (including the pros) as there are some electrically enhanced cells potentially heading into parts of East Devon and West Dorset over the coming hours. Whose to say there won't be some decent storms after all. Posted Image

off topic but...(god I hate that phrase...lol)...are you coming to the forum team meet up mate?

Posted

off topic but...(god I hate that phrase...lol)...are you coming to the forum team meet up mate?

Unfortunately not AJ, but I suspect our paths will cross on some occasion in the future. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow/thunderstorms

If that weather system over Biscay doesn't weaken as it passes over English channel then I reckon the Isle of wight and surrounding areas will get more than what is currently forecast. One thing for sure, I won't be drawing my curtains when it gets dark :-)

Posted

I don't expect any electrical activity to make much, if any roads inland unfortunetly but my God I hope I'm wrong as I need an excuse not to go to the pub tonight. ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow/thunderstorms

Looking to the south of the island (beyond ventnor/niton) the sky looks very dark so I guess change is on the way. (My basic take on a now cast). Lol

Posted

I don't expect any electrical activity to make much, if any roads inland unfortunetly but my God I hope I'm wrong as I need an excuse not to go to the pub tonight. Posted Image

I'm having my cheeky stella's now mate, getting it out of my system now so I can appreciate the copious quantities of storms this evening! Posted Image

Posted

Anybody around the Exeter area report lightning?

Some strikes detected just off the coast there.