Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 27th July 2013

Coast

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Gone dull and cloudy here now. At the moment it's looking like the channel is weakening everything off for the South east which I believe has been the trend in the last few years. The only question there can they rebuild overland. Slight signs that they can though. I'm beginning too suspect tonight's action will be much further west with heavy rain and the odd flash of lightning. This pushing North into the West Midlands Yorkshire and into the North East.

Posted

dry here in billingshurst sussex....at the moment!

Really Kate a huge precip cell has passed me down at Worthing and I am sure it would have reached you by now. Radar shows it has started to reach you now. But it does look to have weakened a little

Posted

dry here in billingshurst sussex....at the moment!

Really Kate a huge precip cell has passed me down at Worthing and I am sure it would have reached you by now. Radar shows it has started to reach you now. But it does look to have weakened a little

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

NW of England are going to get sod all, aren't we?

If we miss out on this.. we have Monday and Tuesday which look great for us Posted Image

Can hear strong-ish wind gusts on this http://www.bognorregisbeach.co.uk/live

Edited by Convective

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

A lot of cloud rolling in around here now but very warm at 26c/14c. Not a lot of sferics in the rain areas to the south over the uk, but more across France just leaving Le Havre - looking to be on-route to hit Kent/East Sussex, maybe Essex too.

Posted

If we miss out on this.. we have Monday and Tuesday which look great for us Posted Image

Can hear strong-ish wind gusts on this http://www.bognorregisbeach.co.uk/live

Don't forget tomorrow afternoon too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Well from up here on the NE coast it has been a roaster of a day like - felt humid but not overly but the sun has been lush so far!

Gone dull and cloudy here now. At the moment it's looking like the channel is weakening everything off for the South east which I believe has been the trend in the last few years. The only question there can they rebuild overland. Slight signs that they can though. I'm beginning too suspect tonight's action will be much further west with heavy rain and the odd flash of lightning. This pushing North into the West Midlands Yorkshire and into the North East.

Surely if it reaches the West Midlands it's current trajectory would take it up in to the North West England over the Pennines & up through North East England?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

humidity has now risen to 80% ...and rising quickly ..temp still falling, now 18c

Posted

Surely if it reaches the West Midlands it's current trajectory would take it up in to the North West England over the Pennines & up through North East England?

It would, but reports of thundery activity from it are fairly sproadic right now. Having said that, some places will get a surprise from it I reckon. Been some activity down Hereford way apparently. And there was some around Exeter as it made landfall. not going to be anywhere as lively as last Tuesday morning but worth looking out for.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

The excitement must be building for ye folks in southern England watching that system move up towards the channel.

Hope it produces the goods, and that ye have cameras charged and ready to go!

A storm just 30km west of here. Just some low rumbling thunder and sferics of the maps, but no visible lightning yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The West Midlands is in for a very wet evening indeed, although in terms of fireworks - just can't see it happening. Maybe the odd flash but nothing exciting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The bulk of the rainfall is moving up the west currently not much in the east could it be the system has shifted further west than some were expecting?

Posted Image

The bulk of the rainfall is moving up the west currently not much in the east could it be the system has shifted further west than some were expecting?

Posted Image

I think this could very well be the case. Certainly a turn up for the books if this holds true! :)

Posted Image

Worth perhaps noting..radar echoes over NW France seem to resemble those currently sitting over Germany..food for thought?

Early days yet, best yet to come.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

The West Midlands is in for a very wet evening indeed, although in terms of fireworks - just can't see it happening. Maybe the odd flash but nothing exciting.

That was the basic jist of the lunchtime forecast although slightly further east. Now will I go out and just get wet tonight or take a waterproof with me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

Posted Image

Worth perhaps noting..radar echoes over NW France seem to resemble those currently sitting over Germany..food for thought?

Early days yet, best yet to come.

Met office seems to have downgraded the amount of rain for Essex overnight.