Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 27th July 2013

Coast

Posted

Starting to get some development between the two systems, very impressive and a bit ahead of the game imo!

post-9530-0-34906800-1374928523_thumb.pn

SM

post-9530-0-11300300-1374928463.png

Edited by SnowMania

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Feeling extremely hot and really really humid out there today. Much much higher temps than what the BBC predicted a day ago, theres a shock! Can only be better for this activity tonight then. 

Anyone seen that really heavy stuff approaching Nantes, this system is really gathering momentum now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Anecdotally, that system coming out of Biscay is getting bigger and bigger. Looking good.

isnt it just from the south coast to northern coast of spain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

We've had them here for weeks. I'm inland so maybe it's a bit of a holiday for them?!

Inland seagulls are common in these parts, particularly in the area of Leeds I grew up in - whenever I went to primary school on a morning, there would be a load of them. I'd say they were having a seagull disco lol.

Edited by cheese

Posted

some lovely storms breaking out in the south west of the english channel . surely some of them are going to come along the south coast :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Inland seagulls are common in these parts, particularly in the area of Leeds I grew up in - whenever I went to primary school on a morning, there would be a load of them. I'd say they were having a seagull disco lol.

Yay! A White Christmas is coming!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Bbc seem to think everything a little behind schedule but will go "bang" later on. 7pm looked like widespread heavy rain and storms. I'd be happy with that as can't get out until 5pm.

Humid feeling here in Belper. DP's are expected to increase later too.

Thunderstorms breaking out in the SW. That has to bode well for later as this is far west of predictions :-)

Edited by Supacell

Posted

just looked at XCWeather - big differences in humidity between most of South and the S-EastS-East, London etc reporting dewpoints of 16-18Celsewhere 7-11C

East midlands at 17 degrees dewpoint

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Got a visual on the Channel cell now - much further West than I thought. Looking quite robust from here so good luck whoever are the lucky recipients!!!

Posted

Bbc seem to think everything a little behind schedule but will go "bang" later on. 7pm looked like widespread heavy rain and storms. I'd be happy with that as can't get out until 5pm.Humid feeling here in Belper. DP's are expected to increase later too.

where you heading later mate?

Posted

Latest TAF for LGW has been released in the last couple of hours. Severe/heavy thunderstorms predicted between 2pm today and midnight...

LONDON/GATWICK EGKK 271101Z 2712/2818 VRB05KT CAVOK BECMG 2713/2716 BKN040 TEMPO 2713/2723 7000 SHRA TSRA PROB40 TEMPO 2714/2721 VRB15G30KT 2000 +RA +TSGR TEMPO 2719/2807 6000 BKN008 BECMG 2720/2723 27010KT BECMG 2806/2809 21013KT PROB40 TEMPO 2812/2818 7000 SHRA

And from IMBY point of view...

LONDON LUTON EGGW 271101Z 2712/2812 12005KT 9999 FEW040 TEMPO 2714/2724 7000 SHRA PROB30 TEMPO 2714/2724 VRB15G30KT 2000 +TSRAGR BKN012 BKN040CB BECMG 2720/2723 26012KT TEMPO 2721/2807 6000 BKN009

Slightly less confidence.

Edited by Dan the Man

Posted

I can see darker clouds to the west of me, not so much to the south, no signs of electrical activity yet disappointingly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Interesting quote from someone over on UKWW,

''Vortex to the northwest of Spain is interestingly, sinking southwards. This should back the flow over France and UK, and perhaps throw everything a bit further westwards, relative to the models''

This may explain the slight movement west compared to the GFS.

Posted

Well, that was a one bolt wonder for now, very unexpected but was out in the garden looking in the right direction (west) seemed a mile or two away going by the 5-10 second thunder arrival time, though very loud thunder sounded a bit like an explosion! the thunder also seemed to come from the north as well as west too.

ATD shows 2 strikes though so maybe I missed one, didn't hear a second rumble/bang though.

Had a 5 minute heavy downpour now eased off to light rain again.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Looks like South east will get a little action In a few hours.

Now if the temp got a few degrees higher here the two clouds may do something here. Notice to the north of us there's an shower brewing which is typical.

Posted

anybody else notice cells popping up behind this first batch about to hit southeast!!

Posted

Looks like South east will get a little action In a few hours.Now if the temp got a few degrees higher here the two clouds may do something here. Notice to the north of us there's an shower brewing which is typical.

or even now...getting darker by the minute here in brighton, darker to my west

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

hoofing it down here, no sign of any sparks or rumbles though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Free and ready to chase tonight but as predictions have shifted more west, it might even land on my doorstep in Swindon Wiltshire?