Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 29/7/13 20z------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Okay, here we go - not exactly weather related I know but I wanted to share with you all anyway - words can't explain how wonderful this weekend was for oh so many reasons and the seals were one very special part of it....

post-10773-0-98936200-1375138474_thumb.jpost-10773-0-05155900-1375138498_thumb.j

post-10773-0-44181800-1375138531_thumb.jpost-10773-0-60024400-1375138554_thumb.j

post-10773-0-74015000-1375138583_thumb.jpost-10773-0-36744700-1375138647_thumb.j

post-10773-0-61755500-1375138683_thumb.jpost-10773-0-15035500-1375138713_thumb.j

post-10773-0-94297400-1375138743_thumb.jpost-10773-0-56368800-1375138767_thumb.j

post-10773-0-27146000-1375138800_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

MK nice pictures, it must have been an amazing site! excellent photography I viewed them on the big screen. The seal top right looking at the viewer in the sea is cute!

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Morning all sorry for my absense last night, we had 3 thunderstorms and a heavy shower here in the end. The second thunderstorm had a quite a lot of lightning all CC though, they were fast moving and caught some people off guard as I saw people running in the streets without umbrellas and it always seems a tradition around here that somebody always has to ride there bike in just a tshirt when theres a thunderstorm? lol Pretty happy with what we got made up for the lack of storms in the last week or so. 

Posted

Tom, I unfortunately watched some of the cricket, and kept up to date with the rest of it on a Charlton fan forum which is similar to here ie not much talk about football and I can go off topic a lot :-), having not played for probably 15 years now I was surprised to the hallowed name of Cowdrey on the score card, Cowdrey, Canterbury, hot summer days, spitfire, my mind raced back to those glorious days, off Cowdrey, Dennis, Luckhurst, Iqbal, Shepherd etc, sadly mostly long gone, when Kent and Lancashire fought it out for the right to be one day kings. Oh for those days again, I was fit, happy (not married), playing serious cricket on a Saturday, where you played to win, could bowl quicker and with more accuracy than those last night, I had hair and no hair spouting from ears or nose, the nights where a drunken assortment of disco or parties, oh them parties of the late '60 / early 70's, do you remember the party 7's, trying to find the hidden bottle of whiskey.

Getting home at 7am on a Sunday morning, meeting at the eleven cricketers at surprisingly 11 am for the first strip show, being dragged out at 12 to meet up to drive to a remote country ground in the heart of Kent, bowling my 20 overs for not very many. Stopping for a fabulous tea, eating the hand made sandwiches, the beautiful cakes and gallons of tea, watching the swallow swoop over long leg, butterflies wandering all over the place, then finding somewhere on a boundary edge, sitting there with long lost friends, chewing the cud, hopefully drifting of to sleep and being drag back to semi wakefulness by the thack of leather on willow, then off down the thatched pub for many pints, drive home and finally to bed, totally knackered, bronzed and glowing and just thinking of thr following weekend. Truly idealic and I was lucky I had many of those weekend, also where we say with our feet up, in the pavilion playing cards as the rain poured down, but that didn't matter as we where a group of young men who loved the life we lead. What become of us all, simply women, a group of 11 first class cricketer where beaten by 11 women, not beaten at cricket just worn down, by love, by children and trying to earn a crust of bread. But boy those memories and parties where good, and what tremendous life I had in those glorious sun lit years of my youth.

Think I might be in trouble for being off topic slightly but in my defence it was Tom fault :-). Just to keep off topic but changing the subject, what's the weather going to be like in Bournemouth at 3pm on Saturday as a certain great football team is kicking off there yearly struggle against relegation down there.

Cloudy in Dartford :-), apologise re the above, just had some sad news that one of my old cricketing mates will now be coming off his lis long run in heaven and Tom mentioning cricket just brought the happy memories back and also made me sad, and feel very old.

Edited by Charltonkerry

Posted

Rain on way. Thought I heard a rumble, but could be the aircraft stack above.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning, just got into work and the skies are getting darker and darker. A look at the radar and there is some incoming but it should blow through quite quickly.

How is the weekend shaping up? Are we going to get some love (Storms?)

Have a gud un....

Lloyd x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

CK loved reading that, all except the last sentence, sorry to hear of your sad news. Posted Image

Back to the weather. Todays rain has arrived already, (GFS suggested this aft) and should have departed Kent by lunchtime.

Wednesday, a weak warm front (no rain on it), moves north and with pressure rising to our SE, an increasingly, very warm and humid SW/S flow is reintroduced. Perhaps mid 20s tomorrow and possibly up to 30 somewhere in the region Thurs/Fri.

Threat of thundery showers/storms overnight Thurs into Fri but more especially Fri into Sat morning, with the east of our region seemingly more at risk but obviously too early to pinpoint likely locations for any thunder activity. From my own pov, will again be applying the Cherbourg test.

As we go into next week, with pressure remaining low to our W/SW and relatively high to our E/N, the weather looks to remain v.warm and humid with another thundery attack from the south a distinct possibility.

Hope you all have a lovely day.

Tom.Posted Image

Edited by TomBR7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Morning South-Easterners / East Anglians,

Completely different day here this morning. Overcast and gloomily dark, rain and drizzle - and, compared to recently, the current temperature is a bone-chilling 16.9°!

Satellite and radar (and all forecasts) suggest this isn't in for the day though. Some rain, followed by some sun, should help the vegetation along nicely after that lengthy dry spell.

Hope all have a great Tuesday.

Lee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Morning all,

CK loved reading that, all except the last sentence, sorry to hear of your sad news. Posted Image

Back to the weather. Todays rain has arrived already, (GFS suggested this aft) and should have departed Kent by lunchtime.

Wednesday, a weak warm front (no rain on it), moves north and with pressure rising to our SE, an increasingly, very warm and humid SW/S flow is reintroduced. Perhaps mid 20s tomorrow and possibly up to 30 somewhere in the region Thurs/Fri.

Threat of thundery showers/storms overnight Thurs into Fri but more especially Fri into Sat morning, with the east of our region seemingly more at risk but obviously too early to pinpoint likely locations for any thunder activity. From my own pov, will again be applying the Cherbourg test.

As we go into next week, with pressure remaining low to our W/SW and relatively high to our E/N, the weather looks to remain v.warm and humid with another thundery attack from the south a distinct possibility.

Hope you all have a lovely day.

Tom.Posted Image

Thanks for that nice, concise summing-up of what the coming days look to have in store. Posted Image

Posted

First day of the Glorious Goodwood horserace meeting and a couple of no hope, silly coincidence tips.

Boom And Bust (3.05 Goodwood). Sums up Sat eve really. Radar went Boom but it was pretty much Bust, in the end.

Lost In Paris (5.25 Goodwood). I hope that will be the fate of any t/storms/mcs, that develop at the end of the week.

**NB**: These are not my own personal fancies and I want to distance myself from anyone foolhardy enough to place money on these creatures. 

Watch them both win now!

Tom. Posted Image

Posted

Morning all,

Back to reality here today after such a great weekend - it's a very busy work day for me so hopefully it will go quick, an early night is going to be needed as I'm still catching up on my sleep !

Had some heavy rain here overnight by the looks of things and it's still rather wet out there - have a good day peeps Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

A lovely, wet 19C...I wasn't expecting much rain, this far north of the M4...

Posted

Weather warning for Friday/Saturday:

1234 on Tue 30 Jul 2013

Valid from: 1200 on Fri 2 Aug 2013

Valid to: 1200 on Sat 3 Aug 2013

Outbreaks of rain may become heavy and thundery for a time later on Friday, overnight and at first on Saturday. The public should be aware that this may lead to some transport disruption and localised flooding. After another spell of hot weather there is the potential for thundery rain to develop and affect parts of SE England later this week. Confidence in these developments at this time range is often low and reference to our web site for updates is advised

Local Authorities affected and associated warning levels Greater London, Surrey, East Sussex, West Sussex, Kent, Medway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

16C and a pretty disgusting day here. Still, at least it's not the weekend and plants are being nicely watered. :)

Posted

Afternoon all,

Still some nuisance fine rain/drizzle left here in Croydon.

Then its a case of rising temps/humidity, for the next couple of days. GFS 06Z seems to have pushed that thundery threat Fri night/Sat morn. further east, towards its favoured location, in recent years. No complacency from myself yet though, this will no doubt chop n' change, for the next few runs.

Scary footage of that tornado which hit an area close to Milan, yesterday afternoon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp7JbU63Mxw&feature=player_detailpage

Regards,

Tom. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Afternoon all,

Still some nuisance fine rain/drizzle left here in Croydon.

Then its a case of rising temps/humidity, for the next couple of days. GFS 06Z seems to have pushed that thundery threat Fri night/Sat morn. further east, towards its favoured location, in recent years. No complacency from myself yet though, this will no doubt chop n' change, for the next few runs.

Scary footage of that tornado which hit an area close to Milan, yesterday afternoon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp7JbU63Mxw&feature=player_detailpage

Regards,

Tom. Posted Image

TerrificatoPosted Image

Posted

Yellow Alert of Rain for London & South East England :

Greater London, Surrey, East Sussex, West Sussex, Kent & Medway

Yellow Alert of Rain for East of England :

Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Hertfordshire, Essex, Southend-on-Sea, Suffolk & Thurrock

Outbreaks of rain may become heavy and thundery for a time later on Friday, overnight and at first on Saturday. The public should be aware that this may lead to some transport disruption and localised flooding.

Issued at:

1234 on Tue 30 Jul 2013

Valid from:

1200 on Fri 2 Aug 2013

Valid to:

1200 on Sat 3 Aug 2013

After another spell of hot weather there is the potential for thundery rain to develop and affect parts of SE England later this week. Confidence in these developments at this time range is often low and reference to our web site for updates is advised

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=uk&from=rss&sn=F498293A-D168-C7A3-E62D-2F407E73F30D_1_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1375398000

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I do hope it actually happens, this time?? Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

16C and a pretty disgusting day here. Still, at least it's not the weekend and plants are being nicely watered. :)

Thats quite a way to describe today's weather 😄 but have to agree. Was woken up with rain hitting the windows and now just horrible and drizzly. 17c here, could be late October looking out of the window....

Posted

I do hope it actually happens, this time?? Posted Image

Third time lucky maybe ðŸ˜

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Thats quite a way to describe today's weather but have to agree. Was woken up with rain hitting the windows and now just horrible and drizzly. 17c here, could be late October looking out of the window....

I am loving it. I don't have to water the garden for the rest of this or next week. The pond and water butts are filling up nicely and the grass has started growing again. I got a bit sick of wearing shorts, flip flops and a vest day after day — it's a nice change.

Posted

I am loving it. I don't have to water the garden for the rest of this or next week. The pond and water butts are filling up nicely and the grass has started growing again. I got a bit sick of wearing shorts, flip flops and a vest day after day — it's a nice change.

I agree with rain overnight to water the gardens etc... But I like to wear flip flops and shorts in the summer months, without my feet getting wet. I think the high humidity and temps towards the end of the heatwave got on most people's nerves. But today's weather should be reserved for autumn and early spring. Maybe we have been spoilt, but I want more of it 😀

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Thats quite a way to describe today's weather but have to agree. Was woken up with rain hitting the windows and now just horrible and drizzly. 17c here, could be late October looking out of the window....

Yes, was soaked by it earlier. My fault really, as it was hardly a surprise.

It went from heavy rain, to soaking drizzle, back to heavy rain again. Now it's merely dull, cool and tedious.