Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 29/7/13 20z------>

A.J

Posted

Morning all, a dull morning though no rainfall. Currently 17.7C. As Steve says, hopefully we'll see some sunshine in the afternoon.

Also, happy birthday Perfect Storm/ Paul. Hope you have a great day! Posted Image

Edited by Ben_Cambs

Thank you everyone for the responses and clarification this morning.

Well it's raining here and at least it's not lumps of ice like Monday which seem to have removed half of my rough casting on the side of the house, so pleased I was not out on a bike in that lotPosted Image

Looks like a warm day tomorrow but will there be any storms.

Thank you everyone! Posted Image

Happy birthday Paul, I remember being that young once, I thinkPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow of course

thought today was supposed to be heavy rain moving in from the west it seems to have gone more north east already does this mean warmer plume coming in quicker?

Posted

Drizzly, dull, 17.9C. Wondering whether to turn the heating on. Tom, I saw your first horsey placed...how was the second? Had contemplated an EW double, but luckily (?) couldn't remember my password to Paddypower.

PS Happy birthday, Paul. I am an avid follower of your Facebook page - great work !

Edited by stun12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

thought today was supposed to be heavy rain moving in from the west it seems to have gone more north east already does this mean warmer plume coming in quicker?

They are my thoughts too. Maybe a warm and muggy afternoon, particularly in the south, with increasing sunshine?

It does depend on cloud clearance though.

Posted

Slowly brightening here, but still cloudy.

The finger of rain here, ending near Reading, is moving in an east / north easterly direction, so might spoil the afternoon in the north of the region.

post-11059-0-39748300-1375268683_thumb.p

Posted

Happy birthday paul

Thanks mods for clearing things up

Be back with fax charts later

Just started raining in redhill

Have a good afternoon all :-)

Posted

Latest Met Office warning reckons Friday night will be a 'near miss' and it'll all happen in the channel.  Or Belgium.  Bloody Belgium.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

A few spots of rain in Croydon and pretty humid with it, too.

Just a few lines on last nights O/T problems. I've got to hold my hands up and admit to being one of the main culprits for taking the thread off topic, at times.

Not being a thunder lover, I've got to understand that members come on the Summer thread mainly to be informed about the latest storm prospects and don't want to wade through posts of customised Monty Python skits full of hovercrafts, eels and Spanish Inquisitions, Sport, Italian references and foreign languages.

Also the Brontophobic football analogies, as well.

I would feel annoyed, if someone was doing the same in Winter, which I suppose is tantamount to trolling the thread.

I apologise if some members have been annoyed and frustrated by my whacky, manic posting but I promise it wont be happening anymore, just weather related stuff and perhaps the occasional light bantering.

So the latest GFS run keeps that thundery plume, in the early hours of Sat, off to the east.

Sorry to go O/T again but on the subject of a Snow Competition, this coming Winter, I'm quite happy to run one, if a few of you are interested, and have got quite a few ideas for a format, more of that, as we go through the next couple of months. If any of you would like to help me with designing a spreadsheet to accommodate, what hopefully would be a far more organised, methodical effort, than last Winters, please P.M. me and let me know. Sorry but I'm rubbish with spreadsheets!

Regards,

Tom.

P.S. Happy birthday Paul. Posted Image

Edited by TomBR7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Cloudy and cool here. I see the temperatures in the south east are already 3 degrees higher than forecast. Also where is the heavy rain, just a couple of spots of drizzle again

Guest bjaykent

Hi all,

Very happy birthday to Perfectstorm  Paul, I have children older than you, now that’s depressing!

First time I have popped in for a week or so and the temperature in here seems to have been somewhat hotter than outside at present.

I've  had my fingers burnt on this subject before and although it is a weather site, the success of any forum is that it should be friendly and reflect life and to be honest the weather isn’t always that interesting or uppermost on people’s mind, well it isn’t on mine anyway, particularly this time of year.

Right, I’m off again now, just like the Klingons my cloak of invisibility is returning.

post-16390-0-33767400-1375278449_thumb.j

Will pop in again sometime in the next couple of weeks  to hopefully read so fun and interesting posts which are not necessarily related to weather!Posted Image

Posted

Good afternoon all, and a Very Happy Birthday Paul ( Perfect Storm ). Warmer than I expected here today despite being mainly overcast and the earlier rain, currently 24c.

Posted

Cloudy and cool here. I see the temperatures in the south east are already 3 degrees higher than forecast. Also where is the heavy rain, just a couple of spots of drizzle again

I agree, where is the heavy rain that was forecast by the bbc, infact it has been a lovely day and quite warm Posted Image

Posted

More and more sunshine here. 24C. Could be good enough for a drink outside later. Posted Image Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Heavy rain?

Oh yeah, one helluva' downpour here a while ago, just as I was walking to my medical appointment, luckily I managed to dodge the worst of it.

22.4oC here and very overcast, breezy but not (for now anyway) raining.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

My rain alarm is starting to get on my nerves now ..... it's been pinging all day Posted Image

Posted

Evening all. Well its remained overcast and very breezy here all afternoon and into this evening, but increasingly humid. 30-32c is being touted for some of us tomorrow I see, but a very short lived plume by all accounts.

Its probably just the local conditions here but this evening has really felt like one of those where I'm reminded the nights are drawing in, and I have had the lights on indoors for the last hour or so. Posted Image

post-10628-0-26688100-1375293307_thumb.g

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Feels increasingly humid here in Chislehurst and on track for a steamy day tomorrow, by the look of things.

Btw, thanks to those of you who have p.m'd me and posted here, with kind words but I think I have been OTT and must acknowledge members primarily want to hear about thunder prospects, in the Summer thread and not some of the irreverent stuff I've been posting about lately.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Evening all. Well I didn't expect to read what I read over the last few pages. I think on the whole, when there is weather worth commenting on, the off topic posts usually stop. I also like the wording 'community' I look forward to coming on here and hearing about things going on - we are like cyber friends.

Anyway, been pretty cloudy here all day, apart for a couple of very short brighter spells. Felt quite close and humid tonight, as I was leaving work. Current temp here is 22c. Looking forward to a blast of heat tomorrow, with the possibility of a storm on Friday (not holding my breath on the later though) good evening all 😉

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Evening all. Well its remained overcast and very breezy here all afternoon and into this evening, but increasingly humid. 30-32c is being touted for some of us tomorrow I see, but a very short lived plume by all accounts.

Its probably just the local conditions here but this evening has really felt like one of those where I'm reminded the nights are drawing in, and I have had the lights on indoors for the last hour or so. Posted Image

I've started to notice the nights drawing in also over the past couple of days when I have been out walking. I suppose its been over a month since we had the longest day. Bring on the snow 👹

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Alert of Rain for London & South East England :

East Sussex, Greater London, Kent, Medway, Surrey, West Sussex & Brighton and Hove

Yellow Alert of Rain for East of England :

Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, Southend-on-Sea, Suffolk & Thurrock

There is a low probability that heavy, thundery showers may affect parts of southeastern England later on Friday and at first on Saturday.

Since the issue of this Alert yesterday, the probability of heavy rain appears to have decreased, and if this trend continues, the Alert could yet be removed. But for the moment, the public should be aware that there is a possibility of localised disruption, should this occur.

Issued at:

1247 on Wed 31 Jul 2013

Valid from:

1800 on Fri 2 Aug 2013

Valid to:

0900 on Sat 3 Aug 2013

After another spell of hot weather there is the potential for thundery rain to affect parts of SE England. However the most likely outcome is considered to be a "near miss", where the worst of the thundery activity runs just to the south and east of UK land areas.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=F498293A-D168-C7A3-E62D-2F407E73F30D_6_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-0.03&lat=55.49&fcTime=1375398000

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.
However the most likely outcome is considered to be a "near miss", where the worst of the thundery activity runs just to the south and east of UK land areas.

The Met Office classify it as the "worst" of the thundery stuff. I'd call it the best!

Regardless of that, though, I couldn't help but smile wryly at that sentence of theirs. Storms staying just to the south and east of us? Surely not!