Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 29/7/13 20z------>

A.J

Posted

Right, Langdon reached 27c at 2pm, so im claiming a 30c here. at my lower and more inland location. Not bad when theres an onshore wind.

My thermometer in shade is showing 33.5C which must be bullspit, so im ignoring now.

Edited by Dangerous

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Weather app now saying 31c. A very hot breeze has seemed to have picked up in the last hour or so...

Posted

Just hit 30C here, the highest record temp in this neck of the woods so far this year and still rising. 55% humidity and a SE breeze at 12.4 mph.

A lovely day.

Posted

My shade temp is reading 32C about two miles inland from the channel coast. Its in a fairly enclosed garden, so im going to knock 3.5 degrees off that and call it 28.5C . There`s a brisk but very warm wind off the nearby continent. :acute:

I'm 0.2 miles from the East Cliff in Folkestone and its 29.3c here so you're pretty close to me..as you're further inland I'd not be surprised if you hit 30c!

Posted

Just hit 30C here, the highest record temp in this neck of the woods so far this year and still rising. 

Looks like I picked the wrong day to drive an Estate car...

Posted Image

Posted

For those heat junkies its a shame this plume couldn't have lasted a few days, to get low thirties off just one hot day is very good going, the temps are somewhat supressed because of the recent rain and lack of heat leading upto today. I think a few hot days preceding this would have seen temps approaching 35+ for the se.

Looking at the latest NAE the hottest upper air which hits 21c to the se of London is expected between 3 and 6pm so still a chance to add another degree before temps dip later on.

Down here currently 36.6c a few places to the north now 38c, there was talk of the odd localized 40c but not sure if that will happen.

Posted

I'm 0.2 miles from the East Cliff in Folkestone and its 29.3c here so you're pretty close to me..as you're further inland I'd not be surprised if you hit 30c!

Yep deffo got to 30c Must be the warmest day in years for these parts.

Posted

Quite a strong breeze blowing here most of the day but it hasn't prevented the temperature from reaching 32c. It's a beautiful day. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

My thermometer is down an alley next to our church. Coolest place and it's reading 32.3C. I love the heat Posted Image

Exactly the same as my little weather station is reading at this very moment. The Medway Towns have breached 90°F! (Unofficially, of course!)

Posted

The Little corner of south east Kent must be catching the remains of the truly hot air over France. Its wafting over the 20 odd miles of sea on the south east wind. Thats my take on it anyway. I dont think the temperatures would be anything like so high on the coastal strip otherwise, with a fresh wind off the sea.  Inland to the north west its more of a home grown heat if that makes sense.

Posted

''Pop pop pop! Its bubbly tarmac time! Pop pop pop!''

Pop!

Or knowing my luck, what with finishing work in 20 minutes, "buckle buckle it's melting train track time"

Posted

''Pop pop pop! Its bubbly tarmac time! Pop pop pop!''

Pop!

33C at Heathrow

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Or knowing my luck, what with finishing work in 20 minutes, "buckle buckle it's melting train track time"

The wrong kind of heat hahaha. They always find an excuse :-)

Posted

theres quiet a breeze blowing round here its been getting a little stronger as the days wears on & got sum high level cloud trying to make things milkey as well ..

Posted

Okay ... So my thermometer, only had it 6 months, down a shady alley next to our church is now reading 32.9C :). What's yours reading Anvil? Anyone else got the same temp in the Medway towns? What is Gravesend reading now?

Posted

The wrong kind of heat hahaha. They always find an excuse :-)

I believe there is an excuse for every form of weather and season in the UK - I've certainly experienced some crackers in the past Posted Image

Edited by snow raven

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Just popped out for my tea break here in Croydon and with it being a little bit breezy, was like being hit with a blast of hot air from a furnace.

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Why is it my thermometer always underestimates the temp I'm in Gravesend centre and it says 30.8 it feels hotter than that and all the websites say it is one of if not the highest location0

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

33C here! Come on, squeeze another degree out :) Just popping to Waitrose to cool off

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Just hit 30C here, the highest record temp in this neck of the woods so far this year and still rising. 55% humidity and a SE breeze at 12.4 mph.

A lovely day.

Undoubtedly the hottest day of the year here. My car shows 32C, which ties in with Southend Airport's reading and feels about right.

We have a warm SE breeze too, which although not exactly refreshing, does alleviate the heat.

Enjoy is what I say, as these days are pretty rare here.Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Suddenly shot up to 31.5c but definitely think it's wrong(higher than that) this is one of the hotspots along with Heathrow probably up to another hour for temps to rise further maybe?

Posted

Well now at 31.2 and still rising, and it feels much hotter than earlier although the humidity has fallen a little and the breeze is stronger. Will it get to 90F........probably not.

Wish it could be like today for weeks, just my sort of temperature. (I so need to emigrate somewhere).