Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 29/7/13 20z------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

The Met Office classify it as the "worst" of the thundery stuff. I'd call it the best!

Regardless of that, though, I couldn't help but smile wryly at that sentence of theirs. Storms staying just to the south and east of us? Surely not!

Same here...but I have a feeling it will be another case of close but no cigar....

post-10773-0-36274300-1375297211_thumb.j

(just to clarify this thread is a non smoking one though just in case anyone was wondering about the rules Posted Image )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Same here...but I have a feeling it will be another case of close but no cigar....

Posted Imagecuba_cigar_350.jpg.728x520_q85.jpg

(just to clarify this thread is a non smoking one though just in case anyone was wondering about the rules Posted Image )

Can't help but think you're going to be proved right.

I get the feeling the Channel coasts of Kent and East Sussex will see a light show on the other side of the water - whilst the skies above us lot remain stubbornly storm-free.

Hmmm....just the tiniest smidgeon of déjà-vu here!

Posted

Can't help but think you're going to be proved right.

I get the feeling the Channel coasts of Kent and East Sussex will see a light show on the other side of the water - whilst the skies above us lot remain stubbornly storm-free.

Hmmm....just the tiniest smidgeon of déjà-vu here!

I normally am....I'm a woman Posted Image

I always get deja-vu in here - it's like ground-hog day most days...and before anyone asks that was not a photo of myself and Snowraven smoking cigars Posted Image

Not a bad evening here...

......the rain alarm has stopped going off, I've got a large glass of Extra Dry Martini and am halfway though a bag of Crunchie Rocks Posted Image

......the rain alarm has stopped going off, I've got a large glass of Extra Dry Martini and am halfway though a bag of Crunchie Rocks Posted Image

Rather cloudy over this way although much less rain than i was expecting today and the temperature still showing 20.9c out there.

So your drink must be an Extra Dry Martini on the Crunchie RocksPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

.I'm a woman Posted Image

I have heard the rumours too.

I other news...

...it's blinking warm again, rain has held off, still remains cloudy and rather breezy (and not my fault for a change)

Posted

Rather cloudy over this way although much less rain than i was expecting today and the temperature still showing 20.9c out there.

So your drink must be an Extra Dry Martini on the Crunchie RocksPosted Image

Shaken but not stirred of course Posted Image

I have heard the rumours too.

I other news...

...it's blinking warm again, rain has held off, still remains cloudy and rather breezy (and not my fault for a change)

Plenty of those on here...but moving swiftly on, I can't wait for the heat tomorrow thankfully I'm only working until 2pm  Posted Image

Posted

Hit 22.6c here today, not bad as there was more cloud than sun...maybe the Continental heat moving up already?

Tomorrow is looking nice still I see, will take advantage and jaunt off to the local coastal park with my boy for a picnic and explore :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Feeling so warm out there at the moment, can feel that hot sultry feel coming in already!

I think somewhere like Kings Lynn, Cambridge or Ely could well be the hot spot tomorrow. They normally are in a setups like this, moderate S winds with the plume maxing out over the flat landscape of the fens.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Evening all, Quite interested in reports that another heatwave is on the way for August,Guess we will have to wait and see. Anyway brief hot moment incoming, Enjoy.

Posted Image Overcast   Feels Like: 17° Wind Chill: 17°   Ceiling: 1200 Heat Index: 17°   Visibility: 6mi Dew Point: 17°   Wind: 10mph Humidity: 94%   Direction: 200° (SSW) Pressure: 29.94"   Gusts: NA

Posted

Feeling so warm out there at the moment, can feel that hot sultry feel coming in already!

I think somewhere like Kings Lynn, Cambridge or Ely could well be the hot spot tomorrow. They normally are in a setups like this, moderate S winds with the plume maxing out over the flat landscape of the fens.

I think it will be one of those Northolt/Heathrow ones, its the same kind of conditions as as last times sultry heat plume 

Posted

I think it will be one of those Northolt/Heathrow ones, its the same kind of conditions as as last times sultry heat plume 

Yes I tend to agree with this Swave, although Norwich Airport has recorded the highest Uk temperatures for 4 of the last 7 days.

Posted

Is it a plume, or just a warm sector with lots of hot air from the continent?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Yes I tend to agree with this Swave, although Norwich Airport has recorded the highest Uk temperatures for 4 of the last 7 days.

I'm going to plump for St James' Park or Kew. And a temp of 31.5.

(And this time tomorrow, you'll see why I'm not a betting man!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

you'll see why I'm not a betting man!

you have money?

Posted

Plume, warm sector, call it what you like, but the temperature here is showing a reluctance to drop tonight. Currently 20c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

I have 21c here. Gonna be an uncomfortable night.... No breeze outside either 😞

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Possibly a bit of both - that makes an interesting overlapPosted Image  I think because it is quite brief and the winds relatively quickly switch towards the atlantic again then it makes it less of a definitive plume as the destabilisation of it with any associated thundery activity *looks* as though it is not going to have time to properly occur towards the SE and be steered towards the Benelux countries insteadPosted Image

Posted

Possibly a bit of both - that makes an interesting overlapPosted Image  I think because it is quite brief and the winds relatively quickly switch towards the atlantic again then it makes it less of a definitive plume as the destabilisation of it with any associated thundery activity *looks* as though it is not going to have time to properly occur towards the SE and be steered towards the Benelux countries insteadPosted Image

So, not much risk of thunder then, which is why I was asking. Posted Image (I guess I don't feel the same way about thunder as you!)

Posted

So, not much risk of thunder then, which is why I was asking. Posted Image (I guess I don't feel the same way about thunder as you!)

Well on this occasion maybe not...but then the weather makes mugs of all of us, so the next day or so will tell for sure. I did actually watch a little elevated storm approach the seafront in Hastings last Saturday..so the fascination is still kind of there even though I have been rather jolted by a couple of bad storm experiencesPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Yeah pretty much the same thoughts. Adding Cromer as a wildcard entry to that. I know from past experience that if you get a strong enough breeze the coastal areas can reach the highest values, so north Norfolk in Southerlies, Lowestoft and Yarmouth in westerlies etc. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Feels very warm tonight, 20C here and no wind. Hot tomorrow, hope that cloud goes away quickly. Bit stressed as my cat has been diagnosed with an 'abdominal mass', ultrasound showed it could be an abscess or a tumour :( Cat needs an op either way.

Posted

Feels very warm tonight, 20C here and no wind. Hot tomorrow, hope that cloud goes away quickly. Bit stressed as my cat has been diagnosed with an 'abdominal mass', ultrasound showed it could be an abscess or a tumour Posted Image Cat needs an op either way.

My cat had a large abdominal mass a couple of years ago and I worried so much what it could be. Thankfully it turned out to be large abscess, which although very painful and distressing and needing the infection to be 'drained' by the vet was still the much lesser of evils (for obvious reasons) A course of antibiotics and he was quickly fine and his usual self again. I do hope the same is true for you - good luckPosted Image  The hot weather won't help at all (especially if your cat has a temperature as mine did with the infection) But then a temperature in that sense is a better indicator of something much more short term treatablePosted Image

Posted

Well on this occasion maybe not...but then the weather makes mugs of all of us, so the next day or so will tell for sure. I did actually watch a little elevated storm approach the seafront in Hastings last Saturday..so the fascination is still kind of there even though I have been rather jolted by a couple of bad storm experiencesPosted Image

I'm jealous that you got to see part of the wave of storms going up the Channel at the weekend - in Hailsham we could only hear, not see, them.

Edited by Crepuscular Ray

Posted

I think Gravesend will top the table. Statistically I believe its the hottest place in UK in summer (daytime anyway). With a southerly drift it will get a foehn effect from the north downs, and all the concrete in the area boosts the temperature.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

My cat had a large abdominal mass a couple of years ago and I worried so much what it could be. Thankfully it turned out to be large abscess, which although very painful and distressing and needing the infection to be 'drained' by the vet was still the much lesser of evils (for obvious reasons) A course of antibiotics and he was quickly fine and his usual self again. I do hope the same is true for you - good luckPosted Image The hot weather won't help at all (especially if your cat has a temperature as mine did with the infection) But then a temperature in that sense is a better indicator of something much more short term treatablePosted Image

Thank you for that Tamara - kind of you. It's very distressing when your pet is ill, isn't it?! I'm hoping the mass is an abscess, the vet said it had lots of fluid inside it which made her think twice about it being a tumour. She thinks my cat is diabetic too. Bless the little monster, loads of cuddles the next few days before surgery on Mon. Nice to know your cat made a full recovery :)