Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 29/7/13 20z------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Temperature of 18.8c and the sun is just appearing so it the temperature should be on the up very soon.

Same here....it's going to be a cracker but will it go bang ?

Morning all,

A nice early finish for me again today.....looks like it's going to be eats and drinks by the lake later as well so really looking forward to that !

Have a good one peeps Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Really hot in town already, just no air.

I so hope this goes bang!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Hot and steamy for a couple of days, seems the order of the day, with some places in our region hitting 30c. Widespread thundery activity looking unlikely now, although something could spark off on that cold front, forecast to cross the region, around early afternoon tomorrow but with pressure rising over Biscay/W.France, any storms initiating just west of the meridian, in France and trundling towards us, imo doesnt look on the menu.

Although temps drop back a bit thereafter, it looks to remain warm and humid, with another thundery plume possible come mid-week.

Hope you all have a lovely day.

Tom.

Posted

Morning all,

Hot and steamy for a couple of days, seems the order of the day, with some places in our region hitting 30c. Widespread thundery activity looking unlikely now, although something could spark off on that cold front, forecast to cross the region, around early afternoon tomorrow but with pressure rising over Biscay/W.France, any storms initiating just west of the meridian, in France and trundling towards us, imo doesnt look on the menu.

Although temps drop back a bit thereafter, it looks to remain warm and humid, with another thundery plume possible come mid-week.

Hope you all have a lovely day.

Tom.

Oh I do hope so ....I rather like hot and steamy Posted Image

Our region should be the hottest area of the UK today with temperatures expected to reach 30-33 degrees, could somewhere in the South East or East Anglia top the highest official UK temperature of the year so far ( currently 33.5 degrees Celsius at Heathrow) I wonder.

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Oh I do hope so ....I rather like hot and steamy :angel:

Our region should be the hottest area of the UK today with temperatures expected to reach 30-33 degrees, could somewhere in the South East or East Anglia top the highest official UK temperature of the year so far ( currently 33.5 degrees Celsius at Heathrow) I wonder.

Or maybe My new home town Gravesend, Kent? Like in August 2003, normally a South West or West wind makes our region the warmest I've noticed

Posted

I think Gravesend too. My God. It's sooo hot in my garden. Have had my first Ice lolly of the day already Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Ah 9am and it's already warmer than the last 2 days. Bring on the heat!!! Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :)

Temperatures rocketing now. 24C at London City Airport.

Posted

Imagine if the heat had a few days to build! This plume of hot air is expected to deliver possibly 40C in some parts of France, just to my ne in Tarbes already hitting 30c at 10am. A few days of this and the se could have been hitting 35+, anyway thats all ifs and buts , enjoy the heat and sunshine all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Or maybe My new home town Gravesend, Kent? Like in August 2003, normally a South West or West wind makes our region the warmest I've noticed

The wind is E-SE today though so my area could be hottest :) Who knows. It's already 24C here though, temp rocketing up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

Imagine if the heat had a few days to build! This plume of hot air is expected to deliver possibly 40C in some parts of France, just to my ne in Tarbes already hitting 30c at 10am. A few days of this and the se could have been hitting 35+, anyway thats all ifs and buts , enjoy the heat and sunshine all.

Oh yes, if only. 

Today seems like it will follow the patterns of previous years, one hot day today and then the temperature takes a nose dive. That's the main problem in this country, the high pressure and hot air doesn't stay long enough to warm the ground. July really was an anomaly for the most part, it actually settled. It really is strange, yesterday we were sitting at 20c and today it will be 30c, a 10 degree jump in one day!!. Can't understand how that can happen.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Yeah but still, the great thing about these stiff southerly plumes is the glorious blue sky which comes with it, no haze, no cloud, just a perfect sky blue. 

I'm rather unconvinced of tomorrows forecasts, bbc maintaining a cloudier day with showers coming up from France. Hasn't happened so far this year so probably won't tomorrow. GFS still saying 30C is likely tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

My phone app has us as the warmest current location and 3c warmer than London at the min?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Wow, from 21C to 25C in one hour! Impressive :)

Glad I'm not working today.

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted

Wow London city airport already at 26C!!! Posted Image

Could we get the hottest day of the year today?

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

Wow London city airport already at 26C!!! Posted Image

Umm I think it'll fall a little short. 

If so then the forecasts are well off. BBC shows a max of 31c. 

Posted

it will hit 35 to 36 somewhere today if temps are already 26c, remember still peaking at 4 or 5pm if the sun keeps on shining and the plume keeps up the good work it currently is doing

Posted

Carole Kirkwood said the hottest day of the year so far could be reached today. If temps keep going up as quickly as they have done so far this morning, should be in with a good chance!

Posted

I think so.....already 25 °C here in MK Posted Image

Posted

27C at Heathrow and city aiports 

Posted Image

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

Morning :)

A warm night again, currently 23c and not a cloud in sight.

Edited by lottiekent