Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 29/7/13 20z------>

A.J

Posted

Oops didnt realise last monday was in contention. I know it was hot, but I wasnt in touch with any data. Damn good storm that night wasnt it?

Amazing! Best in years..august 1996 was the last I can remember in the same league.Some mid-level cloud now bubbling up to the SW. Edited by lottiekent

Posted

Amazing! Best in years..august 1996 was the last I can remember in the same league.Some mid-level cloud now bubbling up to the SW.

Yea I remember that. August 12th I think. I was a 17 year old boy living in Hythe at the time. It was the most spectacular rain and lightning ive ever seen. It started about 8am which was strange, and lasted 4 hours. Even more strange was the fact it happened in a spell of quite chilly weather.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Lots of altocumulus coming up from south west

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The temperature hovered around 23-25C here, damn you north sea Posted Image

really surprised by the level of heat on the South coast, those surging 20C uppers really doing the trick there. I have to admit I didn't see last Monday being bettered but hey ho I'm happy to be wrong.

Minimum of 20C tonight, eek Posted Image

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Gawd it's warm! Have been working upstairs in my home office all day, my conservatory is like a sauna, and the cats are all panting!

This has bubbled up over the last half an hour or so (I face west) and I think I just about make out a bit of rain curtain, but not yet seen anything on the radar. 

And of course it's Wheelie Bin Day tomorrow, so everyone is dragging their rumbly bins up the drives giving me all kinds of false excitement!! 

Sorry for the sideways pic.....

Oh, and the weather station is still reading 30.2 c!!!!

post-15513-0-61423300-1375379186_thumb.j

Edited by Team Jo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I saw a few wasps today too. First time I've been bothered by them this year. Unwelcome Summer nuisances imho. They were trying to drink my cider, on ice!

I was concerned that we'd drink at the same time and I'd end up being stung inside my throat.Posted Image

Posted

Lots of altocumulus coming up from south west

But no storms unfortunately :(. It's gonna be a hot, sticky night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Anyone else see the news 24 weather just now? Looks like Louise Lear has been in the sun today 😄

Starting to cloud over now, and feels very humid and uncomfortable. But thankfully with a breeze and all the windows open, it feels okay inside. Good evening all 😊

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Okay ... So my thermometer, only had it 6 months, down a shady alley next to our church is now reading 32.9C Posted Image. What's yours reading Anvil? Anyone else got the same temp in the Medway towns? What is Gravesend reading now?

Mine hit 32.6° for about 10 minutes, around the time yours was showing 32.9.

0.3° difference over a couple of miles sounds pretty feasible to me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

34.0 was on my reading in Gravesend when I moved it not sure if it's correct

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Anyone else see the news 24 weather just now? Looks like Louise Lear has been in the sun today Starting to cloud over now, and feels very humid and uncomfortable. But thankfully with a breeze and all the windows open, it feels okay inside. Good evening all

I saw her talking about the 34C at Heathrow and then bigging up the 27C heat in Sheffield and thought "big deal!" I'd be confident that people from Sheffield would concur....

Posted

I think it will be one of those Northolt/Heathrow ones, its the same kind of conditions as as last times sultry heat plume 

Think i got this prediction correct?  But my earlier call for 35 or 36 was wrong, too much wind i think in the end

Posted

Just had a quick shower here, lasted all of 10 seconds. The sky is looking very grey, still a really warm breeze blowing.

Posted

Still clear sky to my east. But above and to my west, we now have this. (Satellite shows it really well.)

post-20598-0-10065100-1375381813_thumb.p

And a few drops of rain just came down from that as I was taking the snap. But the breeze out there is like someone has opened the oven door!

post-20598-0-14250100-1375381848_thumb.j

Posted

I saw a few wasps today too. First time I've been bothered by them this year. Unwelcome Summer nuisances imho. They were trying to drink my cider, on ice!

I was concerned that we'd drink at the same time and I'd end up being stung inside my throat.Posted Image

Bees I don't mind at all, wasps are just a complete pain, and I dislike them intensely. I have had  several nasty encounters with the things, but the worst was on a beach many years ago. Sat on the beach with my family, I took a swig from a just opened can of Sprite, the wasp got there first and stung me on the tongue. Within 5 minutes I was in the back of an ambulance being rushed to hospital, and literally fighting for breathas my tongue swelled like a balloon. Scarey experience.

I digress..........still an absolutely bonkers 31c here at 7.30pm and the breeze is doing nothing to cool things down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Met Office have apparently just confirmed 34.1c recorded at Heathrow.

Those engines must really must have some contribution to the figures there! either Heathrow or Gravesend always seem to be the culprits.

Max of 31.1c here and that's with a slight on-shore breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

It's not cooling down much here even with a breeze, still 31.5 at 7.50pm, tonight might be a bit sweaty! Fan will be on for sure :)

Posted

It's not cooling down much here even with a breeze, still 31.5 at 7.50pm, tonight might be a bit sweaty! Fan will be on for sure Posted Image

I have to say even with a strong breeze all day here it's felt quite uncomfortable. The last time I experienced breezes this warm was in the Caribbean or Malaysia. At least there I only had to walk half a dozen paces to cool off in the sea. No such relief here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

It's still 30c here with clear skies. There are big ants and wasps everywhere, need to get in the loft but the wasps have taken it over!

Posted

What a difference half an hour makes. That western sky, which was filled in with cloud, now looks like this.

post-20598-0-67919700-1375383795_thumb.j

OK, no more sky photos today, I promise!

Those engines must really must have some contribution to the figures there! either Heathrow or Gravesend always seem to be the culprits.

Max of 31.1c here and that's with a slight on-shore breeze.

Interesting point there as I would presume also that the concrete may have some effect on the temperatures, anyone have any pictures of where these are located at the airports.  Our Bedford site is out of town and surrounded by grass so will never reach a max which is higher.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Wicked sky, you'd think it was going to go BOOM!