Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 29/7/13 20z------>

A.J

Posted

well that was short.. funny thing is that i was still watching the planes fly into heathrow not taking any avoiding action, so cant be that much of a storm to them..

Posted

The heavens opened during my walk to the station and saw fork lightning (only the once) Am on the train to work now - really gutted waving goodbye to the storm where I live *sob*. Hope London has one rumbling overhead when I get there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

look at the lightning in the westerly storm move east, couldnt make it up if I tried.

Posted

Storm over to my north west not sure if it is heading my way.actually thunder approaching

Edited by Chloe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

Nice little storm brewing in the channel. Should hit East/NE/SE maybe central London in next hour or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Should have woken up at 4 and looked at the radar, would have seen that lot develop over Cherbourg and wouldnt have been as surprised as I was, when I heard those first few rumbles at around 7.10/15.

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

can hear thunder to my east nothing close though unfortunatley, some deep rumbles but not even a drop of rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Rumbles of thunder here in brentford... Had v heavy burst of rain.

Posted

Thundering all around me now..every 20-30 secs can hear deep rumbles...No lightning as yet but it's getting closer by the sounds of it and its got very very dark

Close lightning now...seen 3 lots in the space of 30 seconds

Edited by Guenhwyvar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Big AC field here, lots of towers shooting up to my S and SW, particularly one which is developing by the second

Posted

Was a lovely morning when I left Bexley behind at 6am. Why does work always get in the way of all the fun. Had clearly just missed something in Central London as roads soaked and that 'steamy' feel to the air but made it in dry as a bone

Posted

I know Thurrock is an area of social deprivation, perhaps that's the reason storms avoid the place, or at very best, pick up their skirts and dash through as quickly as possible! Three rumbles, two flashes, five minutes of stair-rod rain, that last one is now a mere wisp in the sky, meh!

CD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summers & Mild Winters

Didnt even rain here in Strood. Very distant rumbles. Thats all. Our storm shield must be powered up today as usual

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

That cell over Brighton/S.Coast, looks quite nasty and travelling a fraction E of N. and pretty quickly too. A visit to my COBRA bunker looks a distinct possibility in the next half an hour or so. The cold front clearly visible on radar/satellite and just clearing east of Cardiff/Exeter.

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Great storm here,got woken up at 6.45 with Thunder and heavy rain,sun came out then within 10 mins pitch black thunder lightening and torrential rain ,still thundering as I type ,2 dogs not impressed at all .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Very odd, radar shows me under heavy rain/lots thunder but its bone dry and haven't heard anything. Anyone else seeing/hearing storms? Still v warm though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Some big clouds appearing to the West and south west. Still gloriously sunny here at the moment