Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 24/8/13 ------------>

A.J

Posted

someone I know though refers to their abode as the shed.

Man-cave please!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Man-cave please!

LOL new one on me but I like it :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

I know how you feel Surrey, I lost a friend in a car accident nearly 3 years ago, it was one of the main reasons I joined Netweather. I was feeling low and incredibly depressed and wanted to involve myself in my passion with other people to take my mind off things, thankfully it worked. 3 years on I still look back at him and now it makes me smile because now I look at all the good times we shared. My sincere condolences to you. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

OMG! it has a real ref too, amazing!

I have a whole house to my self now, but the spare room is my newly created cave then.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Yes yes!!!

I'm off to my man cave Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/MT8_London_ens.png?6767676767

Tomorrow

Dry and sunny temps around 22-23

Friday poss light showers but still low risk. Temps 22ish

Saturday am some showers

Clearing by lunch

Chillier 18-20 but still nice

Sunday

Dry and sunny temps around 20

So still ok

Temps maybe single figs sat and sun night with mist becoming more noticeable

Hope your all well

John

• Like 5

Posted

Hello all

Checking in from North Pembrokeshire where it has been dry since we arrived on Sunday, although there has been quite a lot of cloud.  Nights have been chilly and the early mornings (6 am - why am I up then?) have seen sea fog roll in from the bay and follow the Teifi river up towards the house.  Today saw the cloud and mist burn away by mid morning and then when we hit the beautiful Penbryn beach in the afternoon and found a sunny spot backed by the cliffs it felt properly warm.  Having not that long ago returned from Greece we were rather blase about Welsh sunshine in late August and without any 'factor whatever' I am certainly feeling that warm facial glow from the sun (either that or it's one too many of the local ciders).

Have spent the evenings and early mornings here decorating a bathroom - this is a shared family house and it needs a huge amount of TLC, so everyone chips in (or should) but it struck me how much I love the notion of seeing a job that needs doing, and then doing it and at the end of it being able to take a step back and say (first) it's finished and (secondly) I did that.  In my day job there is none of that ability to 'see' what I have done, nothing at which I can point, so it's uplifting for me to do what I've done here.. 

The idea of going away for a week and building a dry stone wall, or digging out an old pond, or walking a path and rebuilding its cairns is becoming more appealing with each year.....  I suspect I am becoming an old fart!

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Plenty of house spiders about this year, had to ship four out the past three days!

Must be the warm summer, with all the extra insects to eat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Perfect day for it here...

http://www.buckscountyshow.co.uk/

...so kind of Bucks county to hold the show on my birthday Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning all

Happy Bday MK. have a good un.

Pleasent enough this morning, lots of cloud but should birhgten up later on....Im not sure if this has been covered but has anyone else noticed the MASSIVE abundance of wasps at the moment? I must have had about 20 in my conservatory yesterday....Thank god for the Executioner!!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=executioner+bug+zapper&oq=executioner+bug&gs_l=igoogle.3.0.0l6j0i22i30l4.473484.481385.0.482900.19.15.2.1.1.0.640.4498.0j1j5j1j1j4.12.0...0.0...1ac.1.12.igoogle.qMnamQ-BwQE

• Like 2

Posted

Im not sure if this has been covered but has anyone else noticed the MASSIVE abundance of wasps at the moment? 

Kind of:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77495-wasps-getting-nasty

I didn't see any through this Summer period until around a week or so ago, now they seem to have got their act together :unsure: 

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all from another sunny Essex.Posted Image

August has been pretty good here, apart from a couple of wet days last week (I guess some people in the south of the county may beg to differ though)

Happy birthday Ali :)

• Like 1

Posted

August has been pretty good here, apart from a couple of wet days last week (I guess some people in the south of the county may beg to differ though)

Morning Steve,

On the whole it's been a pretty good Summer here, further South so far, with above average (expectations) of sunshine and general warmth. Looking forward to a traditional crisp Autumn and cold snowy Winter now! Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Kind of:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77495-wasps-getting-nasty

I didn't see any through this Summer period until around a week or so ago, now they seem to have got their act together Posted Image

Posted Image

Loads of the blighters when I was drinking cider outside on Sunday afternoon (before I was annihilated later in the evening...) Posted Image

A couple even landed on my face and had a crawl around before deciding there was nothing interesting. We tolerated them for a while, but they kept landing on the cider glasses and swimming in the drink, so war was then declared.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all :) 

The sun is out again this morning which is nice.

Morning all,

Happy birthday :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Morning folks,

The first day this week where we haven't woken to fog/mist or low cloud. Sunny since the outset (albeit with a bit of high cloud at first), but now pretty much clear. Currently 18.7°. And what a lovely week it has been so far, after the clearance of the morning crud from Mon-Weds. Summer 2013 is certainly heading out in style!

As an aside, a Spanish friend of mine (in Valencia) was on FB all day yesterday, moaning about the "cold, wet weather" they're experiencing at the moment. Blimey, I don't know.........one of the sunniest climates in Europe, and they complain when they get one day of rain!

Have a great Thursday everyone.

Morning all,

Happy Birthday MK. Hope it's a good'un.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all

Happy Bday MK. have a good un.

Pleasent enough this morning, lots of cloud but should birhgten up later on....Im not sure if this has been covered but has anyone else noticed the MASSIVE abundance of wasps at the moment? I must have had about 20 in my conservatory yesterday....Thank god for the Executioner!!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=executioner+bug+zapper&oq=executioner+bug&gs_l=igoogle.3.0.0l6j0i22i30l4.473484.481385.0.482900.19.15.2.1.1.0.640.4498.0j1j5j1j1j4.12.0...0.0...1ac.1.12.igoogle.qMnamQ-BwQE

Got through three weeks in Cyprus with minimal bites; sat in the garden in Surbiton to keep the tan topped up and was surrounded by wasps, bees, flies, and then several hours later found myself covered in bites. Couldn't eat outside with friends at work yesterday due to wasp bombardment also. So yes, plenty about I would say. 

Lovely blue skies here this morning; the proper return to work and school beckons ominously next week. Last night walking the dog, my son reacted with 'it smells like winter' - perhaps not quite, but it was the first night when that first hint of a breath of autumn seemed to hang in the air.

Happy birthday MK hope it goes well. Hubbie is stressed as the birthday present he ordered me ready for tomorrow has failed to arrive - chasing a call centre mercilessly now, to find out why my gift is still at a warehouse in Feltham!

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 6

Posted

morning all

nice sunny morning ,sum high cloud,i noticed thay there are more wasp around at the momnet as well.takecare every 1

happy birthday mk

Edited by RUSH
  • Like 1