Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 24/8/13 ------------>

A.J

Posted

Ok that's me done til weather gets interesting!

Mwah mwah Posted Image

Posted Image

autumn seemed to hang in the air.

Happy birthday MK hope it goes well. Hubbie is stressed as the birthday present he ordered me ready for tomorrow has failed to arrive - chasing a call centre mercilessly now, to find out why my gift is still at a warehouse in Feltham!

Happy Birthday,

Hopefully it's not in the white arrow van I have ordered for MKSA as it's probably on it's 26th roundabout in Milton Keynes.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Happy Birthday,

Hopefully it's not in the white arrow van I have ordered for MKSA as it's probably on it's 26th roundabout in Milton Keynes.Posted Image

I suspect our chaps were taking the bus, on a scenic route, probably via Milton Keynes....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Another corker of an afternoon, weatherwise. Mostly sunny, a few cumulus blowing around, and a delightful lack of humidity. Current temp = 23.8°. Very nice indeed.

Morning guys and girls, may I take this moment to show one of my friends some respect who was brutally murdered in Surrey (Addlestone) this week, I am sure some of you have read the news and seen it.. He was a good friend and was always smiling and although I never got to properly have a chat with him before he was taken, may he R.I.P

Wasn't online yesterday, so I've only just caught up with this. All I can do is offer my condolences, Surrey. As others have said, sad news.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

Happy Birthday MKSA Posted Image

Enjoy the extra vino Posted Image

Another stonking day here, dry, sunny and rather warm again, 22.9 in the shed.  Have to nip out shortly to the bank and pay some bills, does not feel so bad on days like today when out for a stroll.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Dry and sunny, 25C supposedly here. What a lovely end to summer.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted

What a lovely end to summer.

Is it finished today then? :unsure: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Is it finished today then? Posted Image

well tomorrow is the last day but hey ho :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Happy Birthday MK. i phoned the Red Arrows for a fly past however they are very busy today, hopefully the White arrow van that will be passing MK will do:D

Thank you all for the birthday wishes - no red arrows or white van but I did get the royal signals white helmet motorbike display team some show jumping and lots of lovely things so I've really enjoyed my day ! post-10773-0-82822100-1377802048_thumb.jpost-10773-0-80291800-1377802080_thumb.j
  • Like 9

Posted

Hi all

Just a brief one

Fri dry

Fri night sat early am rain

Sat mainly dry

Sun dry

Temps 23ish fri

21ish sat

19-20 sun

Chillier sat and sun night

Still not too bad

John :-)

http://www.weathercharts.org/ukmomslp.htm

• Like 1

Posted

Bit shy about posting this and it's not entirely weather related, but anyway........ it was just a walk that had something about it, so I've decided to put it here. 

A walk in Ceredigion

A small beach, stones from before anything

Toddlers play in a pre-Cambrian lagoon

Feet off the bottom, out of their depth

Floating above millennia.

A path, stones of lime white, leads the eye north

Steps follow upwards

Take the high path and push on

Through time, backwards and back again

A hill fort, carved land scar

Still weeping its past

Marking us all.

At once a talon-led darkness against the sky

Stark as charcoal streak

Flash-grey lightning

Kills before it's seen

I found a dead bird in the coal shed tonight

Black, shining still, soft against hardened stone.

Almost shovelled up with the fuel.

Already the past

And still a join to those that live and then are gone

Like, in time, us all.

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 3

Posted

Hi all

Just a brief one

Fri dry

Fri night sat early am rain

Sat mainly dry

Sun dry

Temps 23ish fri

21ish sat

19-20 sun

Chillier sat and sun night

Still not too bad

John :-)

http://www.weathercharts.org/ukmomslp.htm

After what looked like a few rather rubbish days over the weekend predicted a couple of days ago, has turned out to be looking pretty decent.

As for the 1st week of September, I think the t-shirt and shorts combo might be used a few more times :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Enjoyed what may be one of our last days on Dunwich Beach. Only about 50 people there, blazing sun but with a refreshing onshore breeze… dogs and I have a swim, then fish and chips (the best) on the beach.

I say last, because they're building a wind farm off the coast and I can't stand the sight of them.

Posted

Sat mainly dry

Sun dr

This summer was one of the driest, sunniest and hottest on record, Met Office figures show today. And forecasters say August will go out with a bang thanks to sunshine across England for the final weekend of the school holidays.

Forecaster Lindsay Mears said: ‘It’s been a good summer, with some very hot weather and a contrast with last summer.‘The weekend will be very pleasant for most and highs around 25C early next week are decent temperatures going into September. But Scotland will be cooler this weekend with gales, and possible heavy rain into next week in the north.’ This summer was the best since 2006, with an average temperature from June to August of 15.1C (60F), up 0.7C (1.3F) on normal levels.

It was the tenth hottest since records began, mainly thanks to the 19-day heatwave enjoyed across Britain in July, with the temperature rarely dipping below 28C (82.4F) for most. There were also 577 hours of sunshine this summer, up 14 per cent on the usual 505 hours. Meanwhile, average rainfall was just 201mm nationwide, nearly half of the 379mm we endured last year.

One of the hottest temperatures this year was at Heathrow airport in west London on August 1, when the mercury reached 34.1C (93F)

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/30/more-great-weather-this-weekend-after-a-record-breaking-summer-of-sunshine-394273

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Mornin all,

Another lovely start to the day but expecting it to cloud up soon. Personally im quite looking forward to some dry air and warm (ish) sun over the next few days....with a chillier feel to the air, it will start to feel more like Autumn is on the way, which means we can look forward to the hunt for winter soon...yay

• Like 1

Posted

Mornin all,

Morning Lloyd,

Humid and warm here this morning, but it looks Autumnal with a lot less natural light so far today.  Looking good for the weekend with no rain but some cloud:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=uk7dayx2;sess=

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Morning folks,

Lovely start to the day here too. Last of the overnight cloud just moving away to the east, with a beautiful blue sky overhead and to the west. Currently 18.5°.

Must admit I'm another one also looking forward to autumn now. I know the leaf clearance becomes a bit of a pain as the season progresses.....but, for me, it's worth the hassle just because of the great sights as the colours change. Anyway, getting ahead of myself there, as that's all still a little way off.

The failed day trip over to France from a few weeks back is happening tomorrow. (And this time we've bought our tickets online, so no 97 quid nonsense! A much more reasonable £20 this time.) Therefore - as someone who loves being on the sea when it's rough - I'm hoping for gales through the Dover Straits mid-morning tomorrow, and then again in the early evening. But something tells me I'm going to end up disappointed on that score!

Have a great Friday all.

Lee

P.S. Happy Birthday to Reefseeker.

• Like 1

Posted

morning alll

feels a bit coool round here this morning but u can feel it going to warm up a bit ,of to the london dungons have not been in yeaarrsss. today.takecare every 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Have a great Friday all.

Lee

P.S. Happy Birthday to Reefseeker.

Yes exactly - a BH makes it a shorter week for many.

Happy Birthday ReefseekerPosted Image Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Just popped in to catch up and nearly fell of my sofa to see birthday wishes from you lovely people in here. So thank you very much for remembering, much appreciated - my second surprise birthday wishes after son sat up in bed and wished me happy birthday with no prompting:) And from this, I have to go into work to supervise my students resitting their masters exam... boo. Anyway, thanks for a lovely start to the day, and may you all have a lovely day also.

• Like 3

Posted

Just popped in to catch up and nearly fell of my sofa to see birthday wishes from you lovely people in here. 

and one from me too! 

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image

• Like 1