Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 24/8/13 ------------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

As I knew full well would happen, within minutes (literally) of me posting about there being no hint of the cloud layer breaking.........the cloud broke!

And what a glorious day it rapidly into. Fabulous blue skies with just a few very photogenic wisps of cirrus. Can't believe how well behaved the weather has been on Bank Holidays this year!

Gardening now done. And been invited next door for a cold beer. Would be rude not to take up the invitation, so I suppose I'd better go round there and force a beer down. Will be difficult, but I'll give it a go! Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Glorious afternoon here, I've been topping up my tan in the back garden ....

post-10773-0-13073000-1377531271_thumb.j

.....I haven't been tangoed really it's just the light Posted Image

23 deg c here now... I didn't look what it was at it's hottest earlier but it's certainly going to be a lovely evening for some food and drink outside Posted Image

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Fantastic day here, cloud quickly went this morning and almost unbroken sunshine all day, seemed as shame to waste it in the tent, so spent as much time as possible not and roamed the steam rally and country fayre grounds for much of the day (with a couple of visits to the beer tent, well you need to keep hydrated and what not after all).

Sadly takings for the weekend are well down due to the poor start to it, we managed better last year and look how that summer went!

Currently sunny and calm here with a warm 23.1oC showing in the shed right now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Sad news for any tree lovers, just a timely reminder how thunderstorms aren't always great:

http://www.worthingherald.co.uk/news/top-stories/latest/update-tree-hit-by-lightning-in-worthing-cannot-be-saved-1-5423704

Onto today, a few clouds bubbling up, might be interesting to see how that develops.

Yes quite, I very much agree - such a lovely tree as wellPosted Image

Its been a beautiful dayPosted Image ...that is, ...looking out from a car window stuck in the traffic on the A21 back to Hastings Posted Image  The huge irony for me is that I was running an errand for a friend, which was the purpose of the car journey, but that I live in the very area that all the traffic that was bumper to bumper, was grinding its way to get to for a day trip by the seaPosted Image So its not just day trippers who get suckered into traffic jams on bank holidays... but even a few really dumb locals who actually live by the sea as wellPosted Image Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Still 25c here with clear blue skies, nice.

Nice isnt it!

have the back door open, now if only I had a way to do my pesky ironing in the garden...

Posted

http://www.weathercharts.org/ukmomslp.htm

Hi all

At present showers poss

Wed night and late pm fri to sat am

And could be heavy

Temps daytine 20-22 and pleasant

Little chilly at night

Sat outside as clear tonighr stargazing. V. Nice

Hope you had a good bank holiday

John

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Definitely a great bank holiday here. :) Sunny and warm again today.

Also funny hearing tales from people in my local pub today, about how drunk they were last night - I was relieved it wasn't only myself! One of the chaps went home last night and fell asleep on the floor next to his front door. His wife then took a photo, then uploaded it to Facebook with the caption 'it's asleep!' Posted Image Another person went home with the wrong cigarettes (he must have just grabbed what was on the bar) Another one wasn't allowed out today, as he was put 'in the doghouse' by his wife.Posted Image  All the people mentioned had lost their memory from last night.Posted Image And there were many other very drunk people too. The funny thing is that most of the people aren't inexperienced youngsters either; they're actually middle aged! Posted Image The strong cider has been blamed!Posted Image At least no harm was done in the long run.Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Good morning.

Thick fog as far inland as Lewes, then beautiful sunshine which is burning it back now. A lovely weekend generally and a great day of sunny weather yesterday :good:

• Like 2

Posted

Morning all,

Lovely bright morning here with no fog at all (unless I missed something between getting in at midnight and waking up at 8:30am this morning) 

Nice to see you all enjoyed the bank holiday weekend and didn't get too wet (although sounds like Steve C got very wet on the inside Posted Image )

Back to reality here for a couple of days before I have another four off - hopefully Thursday will be dry (John ?)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning all.

A damp foggy start to the day. Couldnt even see any of the shard on my walk from the tube....I hate Mondays I mean Tuesdays....Well it still feels like a bloody monday...Ughh....Just Ughhh

• Like 1

Posted

Morning folks,

I'm hesitant to use the word 'autumnal', seeing as it's August, but autumnal really is the most accurate description for so far this morning. Thick fog early on - could barely see across the road. Has thinned into mist and low cloud now. Temperature currently = 13.6°, and it's certainly the coolest feeling start for some time. Hopefully the sun will get to work on the gloomy stuff, as it did yesterday morning.

I sort of wish I kept a log of weather things other than thunderstorms, as 27th August seems pretty early for the first morning fog of the "autumn".

Lee

• Like 2

Posted

Morning folks,

I'm hesitant to use the word 'autumnal', seeing as it's August, but autumnal really is the most accurate description for so far this morning. Thick fog early on - could barely see across the road. Has thinned into mist and low cloud now. Temperature currently = 13.6°, and it's certainly the coolest feeling start for some time. Hopefully the sun will get to work on the gloomy stuff, as it did yesterday morning.

I sort of wish I kept a log of weather things other than thunderstorms, as 27th August seems pretty early for the first morning fog of the "autumn".

Lee

Morning Lee.

I'd say Autumnal described it quite well,  although the sunshine has worked some spells on it now and it's very pleasant outside. Fog was very thick down my way first thing this morning.

Posted

Morning all.

A damp foggy start to the day. Couldnt even see any of the shard on my walk from the tube....I hate Mondays I mean Tuesdays....Well it still feels like a bloody monday...Ughh....Just Ughhh

I'm glad it's not only me that's confused with what day of the week it is....I haven't known since the end of last week when I flew home on one day and arrived on another and the bank holiday weekend has just added to the confusion - and then from next week I'm changing my day off from Monday to Thursday so that's really going to do it !

Posted Image

Morning folks,

Lee

Well it's the last week of summer so autumn is only just around the corner really .....bring it on I say - snow watch 2013/14 here we come Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Lovely sunny and warm in Ippy.

Hope you all have a lovely day whatever you are up to. :)

• Like 2

Posted

Morning Lee.

I'd say Autumnal described it quite well,  although the sunshine has worked some spells on it now and it's very pleasant outside. Fog was very thick down my way first thing this morning.

Well it's the last week of summer so autumn is only just around the corner really .....bring it on I say - snow watch 2013/14 here we come Posted Image

Morning both.

Coast, the second I started reading what you'd said about the sun working its magic on the fog/cloud......the sun broke through here. Move over Tomasz S....

MK, yep I'm with you on that one. Despite the late start to this year's spring/summer, I'm just about ready for autumn now too. Colourful leaves, animals hibernating and birds flying south for a few months, the anticipation of what winter will bring, bonfires and fireworks on a (hopefully) dry and chilly evening. That sort of stuff.

Edited by Anvils in the Sky
  • Like 1

Posted

Coast, the second I starting reading what you'd said about the sun working its magic on the fog/cloud......the sun broke through here. Move over Tomasz S....

:lol: He and I don't share much in common at all actually:

http://www.tomaszschafernaker.com/www.tomaszschafernaker.com/Tomasz.html

Posted

Posted ImageHe and I don't share much in common at all actually:

Oh I don't know about that....

"Constantly working on new projects, not all of them weather related!"

http://www.tomaszschafernaker.com/www.tomaszschafernaker.com/AboutMe.html

Posted Image

Posted

Posted Image He and I don't share much in common at all actually:

You mean you're not fluent in Polish? I AM surprised! Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

You mean you're not fluent in Polish? I AM surprised! Posted Image

There are other areas where we differ too, but he seems a confident enough forecaster :good: 

Posted

morninggg all

lovley day after the cloud broke,lovley walk with the misses up and around beverley brooke,gray start to the day ,just waiting for the sun to break  out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

North sea cack is back

I didn't realise that the Great Yarmouth area suffered as much as it obviously does, from North Sea gloom, until reading yours and other posters comments this year. Where I live, it's almost a non issue in Summer, even though I'm very close to the North Sea.

Having said that, when I went to Winterton, earlier this Summer, just up the coast from you, we did have a lot of sea fog on one day.

You should be glad that the Great Yarmouth tourism people don't read your posts - they might take out an injunction against you!Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Steve C
  • Like 1

Posted

You should be glad that the Great Yarmouth tourism people don't read your posts - they might take out an injunction against you!Posted Image Posted Image

Eastbourne will no doubt be delighted! :lol: 

http://www.visiteastbourne.com/tourism/

• Like 2