Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 24/8/13 ------------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I didn't realise that the Great Yarmouth area suffered as much as it obviously does, from North Sea gloom, until reading yours and other posters comments this year. Where I live, it's almost a non issue in Summer, even though I'm very close to the North Sea.

Having said that, when I went to Winterton, earlier this Summer, just up the coast from you, we did have a lot of sea fog on one day.

You should be glad that the Great Yarmouth tourism people don't read your posts - they might take out an injunction against you!Posted Image Posted Image

That sea fog really was incredible....I've never seen anything like it before Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I didn't realise that the Great Yarmouth area suffered as much as it obviously does, from North Sea gloom, until reading yours and other posters comments this year. Where I live, it's almost a non issue in Summer, even though I'm very close to the North Sea.

Having said that, when I went to Winterton, earlier this Summer, just up the coast from you, we did have a lot of sea fog on one day.

You should be glad that the Great Yarmouth tourism people don't read your posts - they might take out an injunction against you!Posted Image Posted Image

The weather is just the tip of the iceberg for Great Yarmouth Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

morning folks!......just thought I'd pop in and say hello....lovely day, warm, sunny, birds singing, pretty flowers etc etc...............ok, well, a nice visit, now back to the SW thread.....  Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Hi all

Non stop sun here

Warm but not humid

Lovely :-)

I am not in croydon at present

Hi mk

Thurs still good at moment

• Like 1

morning folks!......just thought I'd pop in and say hello....lovely day, warm, sunny, birds singing, pretty flowers etc etc...............ok, well, a nice visit, now back to the SW thread.....  Posted ImagePosted Image

Morning ajpoolshark, leave the back door open and people just walk in like the old days, quick where's the keyPosted Image only joking

• Like 2

Posted

afternoon all

nice day out there in the sun ,dont know if its me but when the sun goes in its quiet cool have to take me light jacket with me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

There are other areas where we differ too, but he seems a confident enough forecaster Posted Image

Yes he does. It took me a while to warm to him, but he's actually one of my favourite forecasters now. (Of course, nobody in the SE can beat Kaddy for enthusiasm!)

Meanwhile, this afternoon, all I can say is stunning. Don't mind admitting I was a little concerned about clearance when I saw that thick fog first thing. But what a day it has turned into. Definitely noticing the longer shadows now though...

• Like 1

Posted

Yes he does. It took me a while to warm to him, but he's actually one of my favourite forecasters now. (Of course, nobody in the SE can beat Kaddy for enthusiasm!)

I warmed to Kaddy many years ago. :good: 

• Like 3

My other half has deceided to hold a garden party next Sunday and given me the job of setting everthing up whilst taking a day trip to the seaside on Saturday. My take on the charts at this present time is there is the possibilty of some rain on Saturday (shame that will spoil the beach) and Sunday looks Ok although cooler than recently which is good as they won't stay for longPosted Image .

Anyone like to give me there thoughts at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Where's the invite? Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

GFS currently says good:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rain creeps into the North, but I don't think it should worry you too much. More data needed nearer the time.

Posted Image

Edited by Coast

Posted

Thanks for the update CoastPosted Image

No worries, a big weekend beer festival on the cards for me, so I'll be keeping an eye on the weather too (and the beer!) Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all,

Another glorious day here, shame I spent most of it in the orifice, sunny all day and hardly a could to be seen, even the mist and cloud this morning was soon burnt back as the sun got to work.  21.4oC in the shed right now.

• Like 2

Posted

I warmed to Kaddy many years ago. Posted Image

Not surprising........even the north-easterlies in summer are warm when it's Kaddy's turn to present:

post-20598-0-03755900-1377615653_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Think I may take advantage of this warm day and wander off and get my most likely "last" summer hair cut for 2013.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

There were some BIG cauliflower heads going up here in Ippy about half hour ago. And it is very still and weird with some dark stormy looking cluds. :)

Is it wishful thinking???

Its been a stormy day all round here today. It started bad at 08;15 this morning. 'Sigh' Never mind....things can only get better.

Have a good evening luvvies. :D

Posted

Absolutely beautiful evening here. Not a cloud to be seen, and not a breath of wind. Just had a cuppa in the back garden, and it's so still and quiet out there. Only sound is the birds....and, briefly, a baby crying in one of the houses to the back of me! Behind which the sun is now setting. (Almost an hour and a half earlier than it was a couple of months ago!)

EDIT: Peace shattered by - according to flightradar24 - Alitalia flying overhead!

Posted

A nice day here today (seen through the office window) up to 24c - think tonight will be chilly though. When I say chilly I mean low teens..can't remember the last time I saw single figure temps here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

A very chilly 10.7C. My thermometer says it could get down to 7.8C tonight, clever thing really which is exactly right about 10% of the time but is nearly correct 60% of the time...meaning 30% of the time it lets me down!

Edited by PerfectStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

A cool 14 deg c - I actually needed a cardi on this evening for the first time.....must sort out the annual service on the boiler, soon be time to put the heating on  Posted Image

A cool 14 deg c - I actually needed a cardi on this evening for the first time.....must sort out the annual service on the boiler, soon be time to put the heating on  Posted Image

Our boiler was services last month although they are having problems updating their system as the phone up each week asking when they can come and service it again, maybe I should give them your address MKSA.

Rather dark morning here at 12.9c

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Brr! 12C and a misty, overcast start to the day. Last couple of days have turned out very nice here so hoping today does the same as I'm not working this week. Might get in a bit of late summer sunbathing :)

Morning guys and girls, may I take this moment to show one of my friends some respect who was brutally murdered in Surrey (Addlestone) this week, I am sure some of you have read the news and seen it.. He was a good friend and was always smiling and although I never got to properly have a chat with him before he was taken, may he R.I.P

• Like 4