Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 28/08/13 00z ------------------>

A.J

Guest William Grimsley

Awfully muggy outside at the moment. Temperature's only at 19C, but DP at almost 16C. Very sticky, despite the fact that it isn't overly hot outside.

Yeah it is finding myself sweating within minutes of being outside. Showers getting going to my NW but nothing much to my W.

Posted

Wondering when it's going to rain properly. The last decent spell of rain was Saturday 17th and since then there's been a few days with the odd sharp shower due to weak troughs/fronts (like today) and even the stronger Cold Front due tomorrow night looks like bringing a few mm at the most before HIGH pressure takes over once again.

In Warminster the rainfall for summer (June, July, August) is only 97.5mm as the torrential thunderstorms on 29th July and 3rd August narrowly missed here. Last year every summer month exceeded 100mm by a long way, while every summer month in 2011 was in the high 90s mm or beyond 100mm!

Guest William Grimsley

Wondering when it's going to rain properly. The last decent spell of rain was Saturday 17th and since then there's been a few days with the odd sharp shower due to weak troughs/fronts (like today) and even the stronger Cold Front due tomorrow night looks like bringing a few mm at the most before HIGH pressure takes over once again.

In Warminster the rainfall for summer (June, July, August) is only 97.5mm as the torrential thunderstorms on 29th July and 3rd August narrowly missed here. Last year every summer month exceeded 100mm by a long way, while every summer month in 2011 was in the high 90s mm or beyond 100mm!

So am I. I want it to rain. The weather is so boring at the moment. Hopefully, Friday Night brings us some decent rain. It's getting very dry everywhere.

Last year was so eventful. Many people got fed up with the rain but I loved every bit of it.

This weather is so boring, at the moment...Posted Image

Posted

I'm not finding it boring at all, more intrigued/interested as to how long it can stay below average rain wise. Also as I work outdoors it can stay mostly dry for a long long time! Really fine late summer afternoon now with 23.2c, Cumulus, Cirrus, Altocumulus, a gentle breeze and warm sunny spells.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Sunny all day here with a max of 22C

The models have ditched any rain through Friday night which is good news, as i'm all-night fishing, maybe the risk of a bit of drizzle at most! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Mainly sunny..19.7c. ..

Guest William Grimsley

I'm not finding it boring at all, more intrigued/interested as to how long it can stay below average rain wise. Also as I work outdoors it can stay mostly dry for a long long time! Really fine late summer afternoon now with 23.2c, Cumulus, Cirrus, Altocumulus, a gentle breeze and warm sunny spells.

Ok, yeah so am I but it does get boring after a while with no activity after a while. Yeah! You have altocumulus clouds? That's not good.

No showers at all, today. Another day without any rain.

Posted

Yeah! You have altocumulus clouds? That's not good.

What's not good about Altocumulus? Sign of an unstable atmosphere, helps to provide colourful sunrises and sunsets, has many varieties.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Yes, another dry day here too.  Sunny, warm and humid in Dorchester this afternoon.  Total for the month so far....31mm.  The storms mid month missed us.  Total for the three months is 115.5mm, we did get 29mm on 27th July which accounted for a large percentage of the month's total.  Will check other summers after the end of the month.

Guest William Grimsley

What's not good about Altocumulus? Sign of an unstable atmosphere, helps to provide colourful sunrises and sunsets, has many varieties.

It's a sign of bad weather. Yes you beat me to it I love Altocumulus I'm just saying it's not good for people who like good weather, yes it does a lovely sunset here this evening, yes it does.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Tomorrow's forecast map;

post-12721-0-93063100-1377806965_thumb.j

A similiar day to previous days really.

The area in red, which includes parts of Cornwall, north and west Devon and Bristol Channel coasts, will see increasing cloudcover into the afternoon, with some light showers breaking out later in the day. Areas of dryness and brightness will still exsist too though.

Elsewhere its a story of sunny spells and high level cloud again.

Temperatures should reach the low twenties in central southern England and the high teens in the south west.

• Like 2

Guest William Grimsley

Tomorrow's forecast map;

Posted Imageimage.jpg

A similiar day to previous days really.

The area in red, which includes parts of Cornwall, north and west Devon and Bristol Channel coasts, will see increasing cloudcover into the afternoon, with some light showers breaking out later in the day. Areas of dryness and brightness will still exsist too though.

Elsewhere its a story of sunny spells and high level cloud again.

Temperatures should reach the low twenties in central southern England and the high teens in the south west.

Really? More showers? This time I'm not going to get my hopes up. Every day showers have been forecast for here and none have hit here. Annoying. :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Really? More showers? This time I'm not going to get my hopes up. Every day showers have been forecast for here and none have hit here. Annoying. :rofl:

That's the nature of showers mate, they are hit and miss. Some get them, some stay dry.East Devon isn't the main focal point tomorrow anyway. It's more Exmoor etc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

time to restock up on the sun tan lotion as some really nice summery charts being churned out by the model outputs over the past 24-48 hours.....if they verify, central and eastern parts of our region could be seeing 80F for a few days!  Posted Image 

Guest William Grimsley

time to restock up on the sun tan lotion as some really nice summery charts being churned out by the model outputs over the past 24-48 hours.....if they verify, central and eastern parts of our region could be seeing 80F for a few days!  Posted Image

Yeah it looks like a very nice period of summery weather for at least the next few days, maybe something different later next week though. :D

Posted

The cloud is burning off quickly now after quite a dull morning with extensive Stratocumulus and even some drizzle in the air. With the SSW breeze, high humidity and sunshine it's a very warm day now - very typical of a warm sector in this area.

Posted

Sunny Intervals...Some blue patches. 21.5c..

Guest William Grimsley

Lots of stratocumulus and altocumulus about here, at the moment.

Quite a weak band of rain not far from SW England, now. It might make it here, who knows?

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

All rain must wait until after 10pm tonight as I'm having a BBQ tonight. Very pleasant if a bit blowy out there now.

Guest William Grimsley

All rain must wait until after 10pm tonight as I'm having a BBQ tonight. Very pleasant if a bit blowy out there now.

Hmmm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Something a bit more organised heading towards the SW approaches over the coming couple of hours. Seems to approaching from the West and is heading largely due East. I expect these showery bursts to effect North Cornwall and North Devon at around 5pm, slowly transferring Eastwards. That is assuming they maintain their intensity. Posted Image

Posted

21.7c.Sun out now and then..

Guest William Grimsley

Something a bit more organised heading towards the SW approaches over the coming couple of hours. Seems to approaching from the West and is heading largely due East. I expect these showery bursts to effect North Cornwall and North Devon at around 5pm, slowly transferring Eastwards. That is assuming they maintain their intensity. Posted Image

You're bang on! Those showery outbreaks have just hit N Cornwall and N Devon! The band is intensifying, too! I hope it reaches E Devon! :D