Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 28/08/13 00z ------------------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Sunny skies here too. Feeling very pleasent out and about.

Posted

Funny sort of sunny day today - 90% of the sky is covered in cloud....

Yes a lot of Stratocumulus now after blue skies and patchy high cloud all morning, kind of the opposite to what often happens!

Guest William Grimsley

And me Posted Image

Yes :D

Well keep an eye out for signs then and we'll have a look closer the time in the convective thread

Yes I will

Posted

Yes I will

I guess you've got to get back to studies soon William, I bet you'll miss following all the intriguing English weather on a daily basis? Posted Image

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Large blue patches amidst the cloud allowing the sun to shine...21.4c.

Guest William Grimsley

I guess you've got to get back to studies soon William, I bet you'll miss following all the intriguing English weather on a daily basis? Posted Image

Not quite yet, Coast. Next Monday is when I start Year 11, my final year. I don't miss the weather at all as I see it at school. :rofl:

Posted

Not quite yet, Coast. Next Monday is when I start Year 11, my final year. 

Good luck for the final year then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Just a re-post rom the convective discussion fof my current thoughts of storm potential for the weekend as per 12zGFS as it's relevant to our region.....I think

12s GFS very interesting for southern parts of the UK, with a cut off low enabling advection of 61F+ dewpoint air on saturday evening into sunday morning, along with decent mixed layer cape and strong lifting through the mid-levels....If verified, I would expect elevated convection saturday evening with even the chance of an MCS developing over France saturday afternoon with the attendant lower heights suggesting a colder pool aloft steepening lapse rates and surface pressure charts showing a shortwave trough over the northern france moving into southern counties as well as favourable steering winds to bring storms into southern counties during that period.....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

What a lovely day it was here today after a fresh start to the day with a little bit of cloud before we seen the sun at about 11.

One more thing to add!...... The swallows have left our shores down here, maybe they are on to something?.

Enjoy your evening people :-)

Posted

Tomorrow's forecast map;

post-12721-0-57314200-1378149154_thumb.j

A bit more cloud and a few showers around tomorrow.

Whilst still with decent sunny spells for many of us, there is also likely to be intermittent spells of high level cloudcover too, especially around the West Country.

The area in red, which includes parts of Devon, Dorset, South Wiltshire and South Hampshire may see one or two light showers develop by late afternoon time.

Temperatures should be a respectable low twenties for many of us.

Posted

Where do you get the shower idea from AWD?

Ian's forecast said about drier air coming in from the SW with cloud amounts diminishing through the day.

The main focus for anything different tomorrow is widespread fog in the morning.

Posted

Where do you get the shower idea from AWD?.

Here;post-12721-0-18472400-1378150268_thumb.jAlthough it's only a small risk, I thought is insert it into my forecast just incase it does verify, therefore those few that might catch them shouldn't be overly suprised/caught out.
  • Like 1

Posted

Good evening all

not sure this is the correct section to post this question to you clever people , however .................

im coming to cornwall ( near penzance ) from Friday 13th September till Saturday 21st sept on family hols , just wondering if any of you have any idea as to how the weather is panning out around that time !

any help much appreciated

Posted

Good evening allnot sure this is the correct section to post this question to you clever people , however .................im coming to cornwall ( near penzance ) from Friday 13th September till Saturday 21st sept on family hols , just wondering if any of you have any idea as to how the weather is panning out around that time !any help much appreciated

As I can't actually read models at the moment (something I want to learn to do!!) I can't help you out with letting you know what the weather is going to do. But what I would say is that it is too early to be asking at the moment! Come back this time next week, and the picture should be clearer :)Also, keep checking the met office outlook, because although it is updated and changed daily, there may be some key trends which stay the same, so this is likely to be what happens!Also, nearer the time, check sites such as the met office, BBC weather, and here on netweather etc's 5 day forecast to get an idea of the weather :)

Guest William Grimsley

Good luck for the final year then.

Yeah then it's A levels but that's still quite far away yet but thanks, Coast.

Tomorrow's forecast map;

Posted Imageimage.jpg

A bit more cloud and a few showers around tomorrow.

Whilst still with decent sunny spells for many of us, there is also likely to be intermittent spells of high level cloudcover too, especially around the West Country.

The area in red, which includes parts of Devon, Dorset, South Wiltshire and South Hampshire may see one or two light showers develop by late afternoon time.

Temperatures should be a respectable low twenties for many of us.

Coming home from Cornwall later this morning so I might get caught out in one of those showers. Though, it's more likely to be a risk later on in the evening so maybe back home I might see something. I think these showers will be caused by convergence again as sea breezes are very likely around the coasts, this afternoon. :D

What!? Lucky!! I started college today!! Posted Image

Not really lucky. Our school (Kings School, Ottery St Mary) broke up a week late, so we go back a week late. Posted Image

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted

Today was the first properly foggy morning for a long time, it only slowly lifted into mist then low cloud and the sun broke through around 10.30 leading into what is now a very warm (24c+) early afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Looked out the window at 03:40 this morning and it was foggy. Now sunny intervals and reading 25.2c. Light n. westerly breeze at 7.2 km/h.

Posted

just coming into Reading station on way home to Bristol and it's cloudy - has this been forecast?

Thought today and tom was meant to be sunny!

Guest William Grimsley

A very unsettled and possibly thundery weekend and start of next week to come. Posted Image

UK precipitation. Vaild: Sat 07/09 3:00.

Posted Image

UK precipitation. Vaild: Sun 08/09 12:00.

Posted Image

UK precipitation. Vaild: Mon 09/09 21:00.

Posted Image

UK precipitation. Vaild: Wed 11/09 6:00.

Posted Image

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted

Modest possibility that the south and south west could see a very wet weekend and start to next week.

Periods of rain are likely interspersed by frequent heavy showers. It's been a very long time since we've had a deeply unsettled period of weather, it could be a shock to the system for some.

Finer detail still to be decided, but it's looking like one of a few occasions where southern England sees the rain with northern England seeing the settled weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

just coming into Reading station on way home to Bristol and it's cloudy - has this been forecast?Thought today and tom was meant to be sunny!

Was very cloudy and misty here this morning but since about 1pm the sun has been well and truly out and it's been a beautifully warm afternoon. :)

• Like 1