Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 06/09/13 ------------>

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

@John Pike, it felt like Autumn today already Posted Image

Have to admit the future does not look bright, and that Russian high looks awful too for lows stalling near us and even worse keeps Russia nice and warm when we want it to turn frigid at this time of year.

• Like 1

Posted

Did I tell anyone I am off to Spain for 10 days on Friday?? Wont miss the above. Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

hi biggin

pretty good timing Posted Image

hi captain

yeh was pretty grim today and worse round your way

think triangle of gloom might be more apt

hopefully the high over russia will start to cool them off soon as night time temps can really drop with that set up

i still think we will be looking east from early october Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Generally drier and brighter than expected here with quite a bit of blue sky and some helicopters too ....

Posted Imageimage.jpg

Note: photo upside down not helicopter !

You should have said nothing more than 'I don't know how the helicopter pilot pulled off the upside down flying stunt - I was sure he was going to crash!' Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

hi biggin

pretty good timing Posted Image

hi captain

yeh was pretty grim today and worse round your way

think triangle of gloom might be more apt

hopefully the high over russia will start to cool them off soon as night time temps can really drop with that set up

i still think we will be looking east from early october Posted Image

Haha yeah, we did see some sunshine this morning before the main rainband moved in, though it looks distinctly dreary for the rest of the week. I guess when that low moves in, if we get some uppers below 0C it might provide some thundery showers off the north sea if we get the right wind direction. But that's about all.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Yes that was two "owls" of my life gone watching England.How's your boy getting on his second day at school?My boy started yesterday too, he had a cry during the morning when he realised that he couldn't go home lol, but was better today!

Bless him. It's hard when you see them crying but have to leave them. My son was fine yesterday, he couldn't wait to go. That's only because his older brother is in year 1 now, and he wanted to go to his school. Today was not good though. He really started crying. I felt terrible leaving him, and had to make him go in. But I phoned the school when I got to work, and as soon as I left him, he was fine 😊. My eldest son, when he started reception last year cried for 2 months. But after that he couldn't wait to go to school. It's a big thing I think for both parents and children when they first start proper school. Emotions are all over the place. 😊
  • Like 3

Posted

It's quite windy and autumnal feeling currently. I don't mind when it's meant to be dark - going indoors from that can then feel cozy. It's also reasonably mild here at the moment.

I just dislike darkening afternoons, well before sunset time, as happened here yesterday and today. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I have a 10k on Saturday. Whilst I like running in the rain, the cold wind makes it painful :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

You should have said nothing more than 'I don't know how the helicopter pilot pulled off the upside down flying stunt - I was sure he was going to crash!' Posted Image

Yes I suppose I could have ... Something to do with posting on the iPad rather than stunt flying though !

Morning all,

Feeling very autumnal here this morning - time to dig out some warmer clothes I think :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Morning all, looks like Autumn has well and truly blown in! Another cloudy, windy day here, 15C currently, yuck :( Next few days look worse. Boo!

Posted

Dull and uninteresting weather generally on my return from Kent this morning, clearing up slightly with some sunshine on the Sussex border (no disrespect to the people of Kent, it's not your fault!! :lol: ).

Breezy and dull now I'm back here, nothing to commend it today I'm afraid :( 

• Like 1

Posted

Dull and uninteresting weather generally on my return from Kent this morning, clearing up slightly with some sunshine on the Sussex border (no disrespect to the people of Kent, it's not your fault!! Posted Image ).

Breezy and dull now I'm back here, nothing to commend it today I'm afraid Posted Image

Yes, same here. We had a bit of brightness earlier, but it's gone now.

Posted

Yes, same here. We had a bit of brightness earlier, but it's gone now.

Seems like a no-mans land of weather today, not really the end of Summer and not really the beginning of Autumn. I might have to get into the freezer later on with a hot buttered jacket potato and a glass of sloe gin, then pretend its Halloween or Bonfire Night!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Not regional and so therefore OT, but look at this lovely thing....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/10302052/Cloud-angel-spotted-in-Devon-skies.html

Rainy here, not very inspiring.

• Like 2

Posted

I'm finding this weather really quite depressing - think my mood is matching the grey cloud to be honest Posted Image

+1

• Like 1

Posted

The sun is starting to come out after a cool, grey but dry day so far

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

been another mostly overcast day here, sun did make a few attempts to shine on us this morning.  It has remained dry thus far, think it will not be long though as the front makes its pass

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Raining here now.