Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 06/09/13 ------------>

Methuselah

Posted
CET: (Sep 1-10): 14.2°C (-1.1 degC) E&W Rain: (Sep 1-10): 21.3mm ( 83 per cent) E&W Sun: (Sep 1-10): 64.0hr (120 per cent)   © Philip Eden (If you wish to use or copy these figures, please ackno

http://www.climate-uk.com/

cor this could be heading for a pretty cool month -1.1 already

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

CET: (Sep 1-10): 14.2°C (-1.1 degC) E&W Rain: (Sep 1-10): 21.3mm ( 83 per cent) E&W Sun: (Sep 1-10): 64.0hr (120 per cent)   © Philip Eden (If you wish to use or copy these figures, please ackno

http://www.climate-uk.com/

cor this could be heading for a pretty cool month -1.1 already

The next week isn't going to do many favours, if anything sunshine and rainfall amounts will be on the dark side by this time next week Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

sunday

Posted Image

monday

Posted Image

tuesday

ecm pressure charts certainly look pretty blowy

http://www.weathercast.co.uk/latest-model-forecasts/ecmwf.html

gone now goodnight

Edited by john pike

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

It's amazing how this very quick decline in sun affects mood. Apart from the cold lovers pretty mcu everyone has said how sad and gloomy they feel.

I know my mood definately declines about now. At least I've got a holiday in October to grab some final sun.

• Like 3

Posted

It's amazing how this very quick decline in sun affects mood. Apart from the cold lovers pretty mcu everyone has said how sad and gloomy they feel.

Keep an eye on the longer term then!

But it may not be time to pack away the barbecue gear just yet, as long-range forecasters predict there is a chance of a short Indian summer at the end of September. In the meantime, the Met Office warned that cold, nasty weather was on its way.

Forecaster Lindsay Mears said: “Low pressure from Iceland means cloud, rain and strong winds will move south across all areas from Sunday, with severe gales a risk. “It will be cool, with chilly nights and further spells of rain in midweek.†Wintry showers and snow ­were possible in high regions of Scotland. She added: “But there could be good news for the end of the month with the blustery grey skies turning blue again. “It looks settled later in September and probably quite settled into October, with temperatures close to or a little above average and feeling pleasant in the sunshine.†Low pressure from Iceland means cloud, rain and strong winds will move south across all areas from Sunday, with severe gales a risk

Fellow forecaster Craig Snell agreed, saying: “It’s going to get warm again with many places, including London, seeing temperatures in the mid-20s centigrade (upper 70s F). It will be feeling quite pleasant but not reaching the dizzy heights we saw in the summer.†Jonathan Powell, from Vantage Weather ­Services, said: “Things will be considerably colder with a wintry edge but there’s a chance we will get mid-autumn warmth later in October.†After last week’s mini-heatwave hit 86F, the summer was washed away by dramatic floods and hail storms at the weekend.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/428511/Autumn-s-first-snow-and-gales-brings-an-end-to-warm-weather

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Urrrrghhhh!!!!

Posted ImageOne Shade of Grey.jpg

You must be a very slow reader Coast....it's more like book two of the trilogy here...

post-10773-0-03624100-1378971519_thumb.j

....anyway E.L. James is so last year, it's all about Sylvia Day now who is much hotter even if the weather isn't Posted Image

Morning folks, it's a bit damp here too....have a nice day  Posted Image

Posted

Longer term MetO outlook:

UK Outlook for Monday 16 Sep 2013 to Wednesday 25 Sep 2013:

Early rain across southeastern parts will soon clear on Monday to leave sunshine and showers across the UK. The showers will be heaviest and most frequent across northern and western parts and winds will be strong. Staying showery on Tuesday although winds should ease slightly. Temperatures will be just below average, feeling particularly cool in any showers. The unsettled regime will continue for most through the remainder of the working week, but southern areas should enjoy drier and brighter weather later. It will be chilly at first with the risk of overnight frost in places, but temperatures should recover to near normal later. The remainder of the period should turn less unsettled with more prolonged drier and brighter periods but there will still be wetter spells, particularly in the northwest.

Updated: 1133 on Wed 11 Sep 2013

UK Outlook for Thursday 26 Sep 2013 to Thursday 10 Oct 2013:

There remain signs of a rather more settled weather type across many parts of the United Kingdom during the last week or so of September, so conditions are more likely than not to be drier than average. This should also allow daytime temperatures to be close to or a little above the late September average and as such conditions will feel quite pleasant in sunshine. Scope then for conditions to also be quite chilly by night with a risk of frost in rural areas and an increased risk of mist and fog both overnight and during morning rush hours. Probably still quite settled at the start of October, but conditions may then start to turn more unsettled during the first week of October, particularly in the north.

Updated: 1247 on Wed 11 Sep 2013

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

My Sunflowers are not impressed with the lack of eh Sun.... one is 10ft high but is refusing to open its head Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

It really is miserable out there today - I thought yesterday was bad enough, but today we have to contend with the added bonus of drizzle.  Urggh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

It was sunny for a while, now the horrible stratus from yesterday is back :(

Posted

I am shortly heading off for a long weekend at Goodwood Revival

The weather on the old aerodrome is usually somewhat different to that on the higher ground.

I have just looked at a dozen or more sites giving local weather forecasts and all seem to differ very markedly.

Do any of you regional folk have confidence in what the next three days are likely to bring in terms of daytime rain?

If it is only the occasional shower we shall go prepared in one way, but will take a different tack if it looks like more prolonged  or heavy rain.

Edited by egret
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Indeed, Captain: I just got outside in time to see the blue sky retreating towards the horizon...Posted Image

Posted

Worst kind of drizzle for driving this morning never letting you have the wipers on a setting for more than a few minutes before having to change between full on, intermittent and off; 13 degrees according to car for the whole one-hour 20-mile journey. Very yuk.

• Like 3

Posted

I am shortly heading off for a long weekend at Goodwood Revival

Do any of you regional folk have confidence in what the next three days are likely to bring in terms of daytime rain?

Friday might be OK with only occasional showers:

Posted Image

Slightly more rain Saturday morning, clearing into the afternoon and evening:

Posted Image

Sunday will start dry but then more showers:

Posted Image

You might get away with it just being showery through the afternoon:

Posted Image

Rain coat, but maybe not wellies? Got to love the Revival!

• Like 1

Posted

Thanks Coast - a tight call then as to whether we take the open topped car (we can survive a shower but not persistent rain)

I like the photos - were they taken at Revival last year or was it 2011 when they had all the massed flight of Spitfires?

Posted

Worst kind of drizzle for driving this morning never letting you have the wipers on a setting for more than a few minutes before having to change between full on, intermittent and off; 13 degrees according to car for the whole one-hour 20-mile journey. Very yuk.

Spot on drizzle analysis there Reef, I love it when you get all technical! I was around my bit of the M25 and in the office in less than an hour having left home at 6:15 am. Having been confronted last night with a spraying leak from the pipe serving the water dispenser in the fridge, I have already had enough of fine water, whether drizzling at me in the car or spraying alarmingly in all directions from copper piping. I did however fix it eventually (the pipe that is, not the drizzle) and am now considering a new business venture where I go round and fix people's pipes and then offer to sue the person that broke them (however, in my case there is a flaw in the model as that would mean suing myself)AS Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 2

Posted

Thanks Coast - a tight call then as to whether we take the open topped car (we can survive a shower but not persistent rain)

I like the photos - were they taken at Revival last year or was it 2011 when they had all the massed flight of Spitfires?

Just take something to bail the car out! :lol: 

2007 :good: 

Posted

Drizzle has stopped here, and dare I say it, it seems to be brightening up (well, the cloud is a lighter shade of grey)

Whilst on the staff bus travelling between sites about 30 mins ago, I even saw a smidging of blue sky Posted Image

Edited by snow raven
  • Like 2

Posted

afternoon all

well its a lovley gray n damp day in kt3 today thank god i have lots of cooking to do .how many shades of gray????????..lol 

Posted

The sun is finally coming out here, feels a little more pleasant today.