Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 06/09/13 ------------>

Methuselah

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

In Kent today and its one of those days where the weather can't make its mind up, one minute its brightening up and feels warm and muggy, next minute its raining and gloomy. A particularly heavy downpour right now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

Some light rain earlier but that soon went and then the sun tried (and I stress that bit) to come out but was not to be.  Feeling rather mild still, even though it has remained dull all day.

Posted

visited the triangle of doom today - home, Yarmouth, Peterborough then home - 230 miles of sun, drizzle and mild.

You were lucky then, there normally isn't any reportable weather there at all.

I have heard that the triangle is going to become a UNESCO World Without Weather Centre (UWWWC, pronounced yuk) and it's status as the weatherless capital of Europe is to be preserved so that future generations can enjoy years of no significant meteorological events.

Personally I'm starting a campaign to get it honoured with a blue plaque:

post-6667-0-12631800-1379085845_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Posted

Stopped drizzling!!  Posted Image

Started raining.......  Posted Image

Who needs a weather station when you've got real time analysis like this?

AS

• Like 3

Posted

visited the triangle of doom today - home, Yarmouth, Peterborough then home - 230 miles of sun, drizzle and mild.

post-3098-0-32840300-1379086064.png

Spooky, isn't it, how even this publicity shot for the (not) much lamented BBC series set on a North Sea ferry shows absolutely no weather at all

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Don't panic.....plenty of 'interesting' weather to look forward to ........

An interesting article from Paul Hudson (BBC) explaining the impact that the current (weak) solar cycle could be having on our weather.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulhudson/posts/Rare-solar-cycle-has-cold-implications-for-UK-climate

......or you could just go with what's been written in the papers.....Posted Image .....

post-10773-0-15174000-1379086853_thumb.j

...it might be boring weather right now but it's Friday, nearly 5 O'clock and I'm out of here to enjoy an evening of warm food  and cuddles Posted Image

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 2

Posted

Big rain overnight in parts of the region:

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Looks like a hell of a lot of rain will fall tonight, 17mm? No chance! 30-40mm more of a possibility. 

Edited by PerfectStorm

Posted

Since the site was update the forecast for my area seems odd. There is most definitely not a feel like temp of 26c outside! 

Anyone else noticed this?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

The accumulated precipitation on NMM here doesn't appear to be working...

At least the rain should stop by the time of a barbecue I'm going to tomorrow.Posted Image 14C and mostly cloudy looks proper barbecue weather.Posted Image

I don't know why the hosts don't relocate to a local pub to get together, but it won't happen.Posted Image I've already committed to it, so won't cancel. I've posted my thoughts on crap weather barbecues before.Posted Image

Posted

Since the site was update the forecast for my area seems odd. There is most definitely not a feel like temp of 26c outside! 

Anyone else noticed this?

Not that fact, but there definitely seem to be teething problems. Hopefully they'll be resolved soon. :) I'll certainly point out my issue.

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Imagetriangle.png

Spooky, isn't it, how even this publicity shot for the (not) much lamented BBC series set on a North Sea ferry shows absolutely no weather at all

Crikey! Retrieved from the depths of my mind... It's funny how you can forget things for 20 plus years (and I definitely haven't thought of that series for at least that long) and yet the rubbish is stored somewhere.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Good evening everyone. What a murky and miserable old day this is. As other folk have noted it was very mild overnight, minimum at Heathrow was 15.9c and that was at midnight, it started to climb after that reaching a peak of 19.5c at noon and has been falling since then. Hows that for symmetry ?

The gloom was deepened  by that pointless precipitation described by others earlier.

One of the many useful features on my old jam jar is a rain sensor built into the windscreen so the wipers automatically operate in accordance with how wet the screen is. Much to my embaressment I only discovered it had this feature AFTER an Autoglass technician had driven 30 miles with the wrong screen to replace my cracked one. When I first phoned them they asked if my model of car had this type of screen and I dumbly said it didn't. Doh. The technician arrived and immediately discovered it did. To his absolute credit he just  calmly drove all the way back to his base and returned the following day with the correct windscreen, then showed me how to activate the feature. I ate a lot of humble pie during that time and thanked him profusely. He even declined the £10 tip I offered him for his trouble. Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Evening all. What a gloomy day. Have had pretty much non stop drizzle, since the moment I took my children to school, until I left work at 6. Now its just plain rain. Very unpleasant, but at least it's been mild. Current temp 16c, but looking out of the living room window, it looks a lot colder.

Posted

In north and north-west London - the bits I've been in anyway - it's been drizzle, gloom, drizzle all day, except that it's now raining quite heavily and the wind's gone round to the east. At least that might clear the windows of some of the muck that the window cleaner left deposited in her attempt to clean 130 panes with one bucket of water.

• Like 3

Posted

In north and north-west London - the bits I've been in anyway - it's been drizzle, gloom, drizzle all day, except that it's now raining quite heavily and the wind's gone round to the east. At least that might clear the windows of some of the muck that the window cleaner left deposited in her attempt to clean 130 panes with one bucket of water.

That's cost cutting for ya 😉

Posted

It's absolutely vile out there this evening.Posted Image

True BB, it really is. I even ducked out of going running tonight 😉. But I also fine it quite cosy, being in doors with the soft glow of the lamps, knowing outside its peeing down, dank, dismal, miserable and all the other words I've forgotten to explain this weather. But Hey ho - atleast its Friday, no work tomorrow 😊.
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

It's. raining out there. Lol!! I'll get me Brolley and wait for someone to whack me with it!!

• Like 1

Posted

It's. raining out there. Lol!! I'll get me Brolley and wait for someone to whack me with it!!

And...... Boom boom. That was bad 😄. (Actually, that was meant to be a joke, wasn't it?) the snails are having a field day in my garden, apart from one little fella I accidentally trod on a minute ago, whilst doing my dustbin duties 😞
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Even the foxies haven't visited yet, they normally arrive by 6pm!! Can set my watch to them...

• Like 1