Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 06/09/13 ------------>

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

nice, I've taken a slight stab at things.October - drier and warmer than average, perhaps the leading steps to a blocked Arctic, probably winds from a southerly quadrant hence the prediction overall.November - a lot of models back this month to be cold, also potentially average to above average precipitation. Perhaps the wildcard month. Maybe some significant snowfall.December - possibly the hardest to predict temperature wise. So I'm gunning high pressure over us, temperatures will vary widely, western areas might see above average temperatures, but eastern areas may be cold and foggy for good part of the month.January/February - The Steve Murr factor suggest colder than average months, but snow factor, not sure to be honest.

Thanks for the forecast Captain. ATB...
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

hi captain

good one

i think everyone should have a stab at it

then if we save them until may we can compare notes

then the closest can buy a round at the next net weather meet Posted Image

Sounds good, I think for us it should be a bit of fun anyway Posted Image

December and January look the hardest to put down at the moment. Models suggesting that November and February will be cold. Perhaps the polar vortex never gets a say in our weather this year which suits most of us on here Posted Image

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted

Sounds good, I think for us it should be a bit of fun anyway Posted Image

December and January look the hardest to put down at the moment. Models suggesting that November and February will be cold. Perhaps the polar vortex never gets a say in our weather this year which suits most of us on here Posted Image

hi c

yeh that can stay away until mayPosted ImagePosted Image

i think a bit of fun can be had here as we know these are just gut feelings and a bit of model study mixed in (ok i use other bits but all experimental)

thats the beauty in here as we talk to each other and do not try for browny points

suppose i better go bed nowPosted Image

goodnight all

also still tipping down

anyone would think its autumn Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

Evening John

Up at 445am as off to do Trafford to watch us try and grab a point but prob more like a lse but will have a great day whatever catch u all tomorrow

Sorry should say old not do!

Posted

Evening JohnUp at 445am as off to do Trafford to watch us try and grab a point but prob more like a lse but will have a great day whatever catch u all tomorrowSorry should say old not do!

have a great day croydon

footballs a funny game

you never know

Posted

Really getting going out there..?wind gusty and pouring it down!

According to the radar the rain should be leaving our area soon but the wind certainly was gusting all over the place in the last hour or so here and the rain was practically horizontal at times. Very Autumnal

Another wet night here with 14.7mm falling since yesterday evening and not too warm at 10.2c and to think a few weeks ago i was sitting in the garden. john and Captain S thanks for your forecasts, seems to go in line from what i am picking up around the various places.

I think I should soon reach 1,000 postsPosted Image

Posted

I don't even bother going into the model thread anymore, and haven't done for many months. It's worse than a primary school playground. JP's post in this regional topic are always worth reading and I really appreciate the work he puts into it. Beyond that if I want sensible and reasoned analysis and discussion of the models I now go to another website. which shall remain nameless.

It's still absolutely tonking it down here and has been for several hours now, the next few days could well see some heavy rainfall accumulations. Have a good weekend all, whatever the weather. Posted Image

look like the weather will test  my  new  fence  later!

Posted

Morning local folk!

No too bad down here this morning. 10.4mm rain over the last 24 hours and the breeze has backed off temporarily. I think the SE corner will generally escape the worst of the first Atlantic storm of Autumn but the rest of the UK upwards looks in for a right blow tonight into tomorrow:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Better tie the garden furniture, shed, fences and Mother-in-law down!

Edited by Coast

Posted

Just grey, grey, grey here with little breeze. The only thing enlivening the morning so far is the flock of about 40 long-tailed tits hanging out in the tree just outside the window.

• Like 2

Posted

Just grey, grey, grey here with little breeze. The only thing enlivening the morning so far is the flock of about 40 long-tailed tits hanging out in the tree just outside the window.

Morning 'Sis! Not much better here, I'll have to make my own rays of sunshine today

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Been raining solid for about 12 hours. Who said we needed the rain!Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning all,

Grey and dull here this morn. Robin, how do you think tomorrow will pan out? Im meant to be going to Milton Keynes (Gullivers land) tomorrow for my 5 YO Bday. Am i gonna get wet?

BBC just said rain will be over this area by 2pm, but GFS says nothing until like 7pm ish. Whadda ya think?

Thanks

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning

Well I got soaked yesterday evening, had walked to the next village to test a sky box for my parents and the "light" drizzle turned to heavy rain by the time I was making my return at 22:00, glad I had my decent coat on.

Rain finally fizzled out about 09:00 this morning, just in time for the fence to be replaced/repaired.

Dull, cool and damp at present and shed reports it is 11oC.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Bit miserable here....not a happy bunny either after waking up early for my annual service only to get a call to say the gas engineer has stood me up (he's sick apparently) I just hope I can hold out until next week before putting the boiler on Posted Image

I think I might cheer myself up with some retail therapy now...at least CMK shopping mall is all undercover Posted Image

Posted

Morning all,

Bit miserable here....not a happy bunny either after waking up early for my annual service only to get a call to say the gas engineer has stood me up (he's sick apparently) I just hope I can hold out until next week before putting the boiler on Posted Image

I think I might cheer myself up with some retail therapy now...at least CMK shopping mall is all undercover Posted Image

Next week! Posted Image

Not even planning to turn my storage heaters on till end of next month (at the earliest) Posted Image

currently have the back door open and a cool breeze is wafting through the house (getting it fresh as the hatches will be battened down tomorrow going by the forecast).

Oh just a thought, no *all* of CMK is undercover Posted Image (but agree most of it is, are there many shops left there? not been for a few years now, even if it is just half an hour away).

Posted

look like the weather will test  my  new  fence  later!

We have the slightly opposite problem at our old house which we rent out - the old old wall at the end of the garden looks very frail and borders a public road and pavement. For 2 months we have had a trail of builders tell us it has between one week and twenty years before it collapses, but none of them want the job. So every time rain and wind is forecast we trot over to see if it's about to go over and fret over whether the latest builder to come and see it will be the one who will actually take on the job:(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

left the blue skies of the north east today for the dull overcast skies of ipswich, it feels no more than 14c at the mo, lets hope we return home later tonight with 3 points in the bag Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Grey, grizzly, gloomy, glum, grim. The 5 G's for describing today's weather in this neck of the woods. (Well, 4 really, as obviously I meant 'drizzly'. But I thought 'grizzly' conveyed it quite well!)

What an awful week!

• Like 1

Posted

Just had a red hot shower (no not rain type) and feeling rather refreshed now.

Outside however is still cool and damp, I am fast moving into  hibernation mode now as the weather gets colder and damper (hate the wind too)

Posted

afternoon all

well its a nice wet n damp and gray day out there on the cool side to boot as well had a nice little shower this morn on the way to my sons little leauge football ,think i stay jn now till tuesday...............i should be so lucky .take it easy every 1 hope you got your munchies in before the wind & rain