Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/10/13 15z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

What you saw soup outside the kitchen window? Wow that was some storm...Posted Image

Are you refering to the post I made earlier?

If so, then obviously I meant that I was eating soup when I saw the lightning flash.

I don't know how you got confused there, I stated it pretty clearly in the post.Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Gales likely for the south coast of Cornwall tomorrow night. Nasty day. Thundery showers Tuesday again? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

It's not funny now hehe Posted Image

Not stalking promise..please do carry on. From a lovely part of the globe.

Sorry. Hehe. Sadly only the coast seems to manage on to a decent chance of thundery weather at this time of year. :( Will bring some back to the Midlands with me next weekend though. :lol:

• Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

Yesterday was showery with 1 thunderstorm and mild with a strong wind. High Rainfall Rate Yesterday: 56.8 mm/hr 12:46 High Hourly Rainfall Yesterday: 2.0 mm 13:05 Rainfall Yesterday: 3.4 mm High Temperature Yesterday: 15.5°C 10:53 High Wind Gust Yesterday: 49 mph 12:46 High Wind Speed Yesterday: 22 mph 12:52.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Rain doesn't look as bad as was initially forecast IMO. Just a few hours of light rain likely here, main clump over Wales.

Already starting to clear the SW leaving another day of scattered heavy showers coming up here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Rain doesn't look as bad as was initially forecast IMO. Just a few hours of light rain likely here, main clump over Wales.

Already starting to clear the SW leaving another day of scattered heavy showers coming up here.

A bit of a cock-up by all accounts? The forecasts i saw yesterday were for heavy rain from about 3am until lunchtime today, we've only had 2mm of drizzle and it looks to be clearing through pretty soon. Posted Image

Currently 16C here. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Breeze S, Westerly 7.2 km/h. Rainfall   3.3mm. Humidity 96% , Temperature on the mild side  15.0c.

Posted

A bit of a cock-up by all accounts? The forecasts i saw yesterday were for heavy rain from about 3am until lunchtime today, we've only had 2mm of drizzle and it looks to be clearing through pretty soon. Posted Image

Currently 16C here. 

Good job you weren't expecting snow!

• Like 3

Posted

Good job you weren't expecting snow!

haha - I do my own analysis on snow amounts, IF it looks on the cards, after the MO put Dorset on the rare red warning for snow in 2009 and we ended up with about an inch. LOL

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted

haha - I do my own analysis on snow amounts, IF it looks on the cards, after the MO put Dorset on the rare red warning for snow in 2009 and we ended up with about an inch. LOL

Currently 16C here. 

Mapantz

Interesting that Purbecks didn't get much rain today (I got a soaking walking up from Durdle Door yesterday so maybe that was your turn!)

We had quite heavy rain this morning N of Dorchester but I have not measured it. In excess of  6mm I suspect, not a huge amount but resulted in standing water on the roads in a number of places.

Just looking at the radar it does appear that there was a stream of cloud running up approximately from Weymouth to the N and the a clear band further East which probably equates to where you are.

Edited by egret
  • Like 1

Posted

Mapantz

Interesting that Purbecks didn't get much rain today (I got a soaking walking up from Durdle Door yesterday so maybe that was your turn!)

We had quite heavy rain this morning N of Dorchester but I have not measured it. In excess of  6mm I suspect, not a huge amount but resulted in standing water on the roads in a number of places.

Just looking at the radar it does appear that there was a stream of cloud running up approximately from Weymouth to the N and the a clear band further East which probably equates to where you are.

I remember looking at the models a couple of days ago, the NAE for example, was going for around 10 to 15mm quite widely, with more in the West. Yesterday morning, it had moved the heavier rain further to the West, with us under just a few mm's. Last night it decided to go a bit loopy, 15 - 20mm quite widely, the radar didn't reflect that when i saw it at around 7am, so i checked the NAE and it had moved it all away again lol

The WRF model looked to be the closest though, i quite like that one.  

I did pretty well from yesterday's rain though and it looks like we could get quite a bit more during the second half of tonight and in to tomorrow, something to keep an eye on!

Anyhow, it's currently 17.3C and dry here but the wind is touching gale force, good day for drying the washing! :)

Edited by Mapantz

Surprised you didn't get much rain down there, nearing 35mm here since last night. Torrential right now. Looks like both SW England and Wales will get a good soaking tonight and tomorrow though.

Accumulations by end of tomorrow from NMM

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Well those figures aren't too far off the mark for some parts of the region as my gauge has 11mm in it which all fell this morning. Having decided to go out working I can confirm there were some very heavy bursts of rain between 07.30-09.00 and again late morning, much better this afternoon and the wind has eased off from what were some near gale gusts earlier in the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Posted Image5.4mm Rainfall today...Although rather dreary and gusty, Not a great amount . Temperature 15.3c. Humidity 93%.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

It was wet this mourning and the winds didn't arrive properly until about 9:45AM. It is just dull and cloudy now with much lighter winds then earlier.

Today has definately been the windiest so far this autumn with a top gust of 35mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

a godawful day here with outbreaks of showery rain with blustery winds and dank all day.....bleugh! Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Just averagely yuk day here, nothing to really write home about. was expecting a lot more than the 3.1mm of rain I've registered today.  Posted Image

currently 16.6C

DP 15.5C

Humidity 93%

1003mb and falling

3.1mm of rain

Posted

Horrid conditions here now with strengthening winds and heavy near torrential rain at times at the moment. Went dark and misty quite early on this evening too.

Hopefully some more thunderstorms tomorrow afternoon! Met Office symbols are keen!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

SOMERSET & BANES 5 DAY FORECAST

5 DAY FORECAST ISSUED AT 18:00HRS ON MONDAY OCTOBER 21ST 2013

Tonight will see a lot of cloud still across the areas with outbreaks of rain and drizzle at times for all. After midnight the West of the County will become very wet again with some heavy rain towards morning elsewhere too. It will be a very mild and breezy night with temperatures no lower than 13C which a strong Southerly breeze.

On Tuesday it ill be a very wet morning with heavy rain tracking slowly NE across the County followed by brighter weather later on in the day but with some heavy and possibly thundery showers. It will be another windy but mild day for all of us with temperatures close to 16C in the afternoon.

Wednesday will be very windy and showery with some heavy showers driven on by a near gale SW wind and some longer spells of heavy rain possible too at times. A few brighter intervals are possible in between, especially later in the day.

On Thursday after a bright morning cloud will thicken through the afternoon with SE winds increasing and rain spreading NE later in the day, some heavy. It will remain mild.

Friday will be another very unsettled day with showers or longer spells of rain across the area in lighter winds than of late. Temperatures may be a little lower than of late but it will still be mild for the time of year.

On Saturday an unsettled start with further rain and showers will be replaced by a drier and brighter afternoon with some sunshine and rather cooler and less windy weather than of late.

Compiled By Martin Gibbs

NEXT UPDATE AT 08:00 HRS ON TUESDAY OCTOBER 22ND 2013

• Like 1

Posted

Oh here we go, I see the Daily Express are at it again, storm of the century coming apparently. One if these days they will fluke it and get it right! Hopefully not in this occasion

• Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

It was wet and mild with a strong wind yesterday, here. High Rainfall Rate Yesterday: 14.8 mm/hr 07:00 High Hourly Rainfall Yesterday: 5.2 mm 07:10 Rainfall Yesterday: 13.2 mm High Temperature Yesterday: 15.9°C 15:18 High Wind Gust Yesterday: 37 mph 18:15 High Wind Speed Yesterday: 21 mph 10:00.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

SOMERSET & BANES 5 DAY FORECAST

5 DAY FORECAST ISSUED AT 08:00HRS ON MONDAY OCTOBER 22ND 2013

Tuesday will see a wet start with heavy rain tracking slowly NE across the County followed by brighter weather later on in the day but with some heavy and possibly thundery showers. It will be another windy but mild day for all of us with temperatures close to 16C in the afternoon.

Tonight will be a night of broken cloud and occasional heavy showers perhaps with thunder. It will be quite mild still with temperatures no lower than 10C in a blustery SW wind. 

Wednesday will be very windy and showery with some heavy showers and some longer spells of heavy rain possible too at times. A few brighter intervals are possible in between, especially later in the day.

On Thursday after a bright morning cloud will thicken through the afternoon with SE winds increasing and rain spreading NE later in the day, some heavy. It will remain mild.

Friday will be another very unsettled day with showers or longer spells of rain across the area in lighter winds than of late. Temperatures may be a little lower than of late but it will still be mild for the time of year.

On Saturday an unsettled start with further rain and showers will be replaced by a drier and brighter afternoon with some sunshine and rather cooler and less windy weather than of late. 

Compiled By Martin Gibbs

NEXT UPDATE AT 19:00 HRS ON TUESDAY OCTOBER 22ND 2013

Posted

Rain totals really cranking up now!

24mm in my gauge when I emptied it a few minutes ago which has taken October up to 84mm which makes it the wettest month since January (116.5mm)! Plenty more to come this week so it's likely to be the wettest month of the year.

Posted

Rain totals really cranking up now!

24mm in my gauge when I emptied it a few minutes ago which has taken October up to 84mm which makes it the wettest month since January (116.5mm)! Plenty more to come this week so it's likely to be the wettest month of the year.

24mm since midnight? I've only managed 8.8mm although the radar accumulation map seems to think it's more like 15mm. Posted Image

I have a manual rain gauge near ground level as well as the self-tipping one in my station, they're both exactly the same, local stations within 20 miles show similar totals within a mm so i'm not sure how that accumulation map works lol

Another mild day at 16C here, blustery in the strong wind though. :)

Posted

10.7mm of rain since midnight imby.

Pressure 995mb

Off to the mighty Emirates tonight, hopefully don't get to wet, one of the downsides to having tickets 6 rows from the front!