Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/10/13 15z ------>

A.J

Posted

Yes Ben, the detector shows it to be between Warminster and Mere. A one off though but much more active cell moving West of Wells.

I can only guess that the uplift of the high ground coincided with the warmest part of the day has helped them develop.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Yes Ben, the detector shows it to be between Warminster and Mere. A one off though but much more active cell moving West of Wells.

I can only guess that the uplift of the high ground coincided with the warmest part of the day has helped them develop.

My detector has been going off, some to the North West and some in the channel. I wonder if any of them can keep some intensity if they reach here? It'd be a nice surprise to get a downpour. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Artdemole, Looking at the name of where you live, do you get a lot of heavy rain? ;-) (sorry, I couldn't resist that one!)

Yes, I always bring that one up myself, but you can hardly talk. Posted Image  Is that the place of the Martyrs or some such. Posted Image

Posted

My detector has been going off, some to the North West and some in the channel. I wonder if any of them can keep some intensity if they reach here? It'd be a nice surprise to get a downpour. Posted Image

This'll be the bunny in the distance. Must have just soaked Shaftesbury.

post-7340-0-28882900-1381764400_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Sun is out again.. Breaks in the cloud showing some blue sky.. 10.3c...

Posted

Missed it all here haha!  There's tons of fallstreak and a rainbow to my NE, it looks like hail is falling too. Posted Image

Guest William Grimsley

After some rain in the morning, it was a dry and cool day with a light wind yesterday, here. High Rainfall Rate Yesterday: 0.8 mm/hr 00:09 High Hourly Rainfall Yesterday: 0.6 mm 00:46 Rainfall Yesterday: 1.4 mm High Temperature Yesterday: 14.3°C 16:23 High Wind Gust Yesterday: 12 mph 16:16 High Wind Speed Yesterday: 5 mph 20:10.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

First ground frost of the new season today Posted Image Posted Image

2.1c with a touch of frost on cars which is rather later in the season but it's finally here.

• Like 1

Posted

Low of 5.3c. At  07:46...  Now 8.8c.. Nice out in the sunshine, Great to see a blue sky. Humidity  98%.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Latest from Ian;

"W COUNTRY Dry throughout today; WEDS sees wet AM rush-hr as rain spreads NE; 5-15mm likely. Then turning dry, bright, breezy for afternoon. Looking further ahead, the next fortnight is expected to hold temperatures at average to above average values thro to end of Oct."

• Like 1

Posted

The WRF model certainly brings a wet morning for most of us, hopefully it'll clear through most of the region by lunchtime/early afternoon. Posted Image 

post-15177-0-00692700-1381832933_thumb.p post-15177-0-49067300-1381832837_thumb.p

post-15177-0-11523300-1381832845_thumb.p post-15177-0-52314800-1381832851_thumb.p

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

The WRF model certainly brings a wet morning for most of us, hopefully it'll clear through most of the region by lunchtime/early afternoon. Posted Image 

Posted Imagewrf1.png Posted Imagewrf2.png

Posted Imagewrf3.png Posted Imagewrf4.png

Its looking like it will be quite windy for coastal areas as well.

Posted

Stunning day ; sunny, scattered small Cumulus, Cirrus/Altocumulus to the South, 13.4c, calm.

I concur! I'm amazed at today's weather, here we are, mid October, blue skies all day, and the temp shot up to 16.4C this afternoon.

I was at Peveril point in Swanage, spinning this afternoon, caught some lovely Garfish for din-dins tomorrow. :D

Posted

Maximum temperature of 15.4c. At 12:01.. Still sunny... 12.9c.

Posted

After tomorrow mornings rain has cleared, we could be looking at a warm and sunny afternoon with temperatures nudging near 20c in favoured locations with plentiful sunshine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

After tomorrow mornings rain has cleared, we could be looking at a warm and sunny afternoon with temperatures nudging near 20c in favoured locations with plentiful sunshine.

Quicker it goes through the better. Breezy but warm! Sunny in all!

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Agree that it was a stunning day today...once the fog had cleared.  That took until nearly midday here.

Went to Abbotsbury this afternoon and it was very warm on the 'beach', hardly any breeze and a calm sea.  Car temp showed 17C at 15.30.

• Like 1

Posted

As somebody who works outside Monday-Friday, today will the my first 'write off' day due to the weather since early summer!

On another note, I am surprised at Ian's Point West forecast yesterday evening stating a warm and sunny day tomorrow, from experience of previous such set ups I can foresee plenty of showers (some heavy) drifting rough on the balmy WSW flow.

Posted

As somebody who works outside Monday-Friday, today will the my first 'write off' day due to the weather since early summer!

The rainfall should clear through most of the region by lunchtime so it might be possible for an afternoons work, in sunny but breezy skies. (If your job allows that of course).Moderate rainfall here now in a cool breeze. Rainband already clearing Cornwall though.

Guest William Grimsley

After drizzle in the morning, it was dry and mild with a light wind yesterday, here. High Rainfall Rate Yesterday: 0.0 mm/hr 00:00 High Hourly Rainfall Yesterday: 0.2 mm 04:16 Rainfall Yesterday: 0.2 mm High Temperature Yesterday: 15.6°C 14:25 High Wind Gust Yesterday: 9 mph 13:55 High Wind Speed Yesterday: 5 mph 14:01.