Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/10/13 15z ------>

A.J

Posted

I shall be stat happy from this day forward, WMR88 installed and running, figuring out the best option software wise, then will stream it for those near to my location who want to know live stats.Currently 10.5CDP 5.7C72% humidity

Will be interesting to see how we compare stats wise.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Nice drop of the clear fluid falling now.

We have similar but i'd say its on the cloudy side here  Posted Image  Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

5.3mm

DP 10.1C

Air Temp 10.4C

Humidity 98%

Max Gust of 6.9 mph at 11:16am

Posted

Got a barometric reading?

1009mbcurrent rise 0.3mb p/hr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

1009mb

current rise 0.3mb p/hr

You'll probably need to adjust that  a little, Bournemouth is at 1011mb at the moment, my station is at 1010.9mb - falling slowly at 0.9mb p/hr. The slow movement of the low would make it a good time to adjust your bar settings too. Posted Image

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

What a miserable day!Posted Image

Its been raining light to moderate since late this morning. Yesterday was much better than today, and I thought that the whole weekend was suppose to be poor.

Posted

You'll probably need to adjust that  a little, Bournemouth is at 1011mb at the moment, my station is at 1010.9mb - falling slowly at 0.9mb p/hr. The slow movement of the low would make it a good time to adjust your bar settings too. Posted Image

oh ok, thanks i'll investigate

Posted
Posted (edited) · Hidden by karlos1983, October 13, 2013 - need to re-ppost
Hidden by karlos1983, October 13, 2013 - need to re-ppost

it's insisting that it's 1009mb.

I've reset it, the whole 9 yards....?

Edited by karlos1983
Posted

No idea how to adjust that, I've off set the reading to fall more in line, but that's only evident on Cumulus, station still reads 1009, even after a rest. #annoying

Posted

What a miserable day!Posted Image

Its been raining light to moderate since late this morning. Yesterday was much better than today, and I thought that the whole weekend was suppose to be poor.

Well we got lucky yesterday with one rain band clearing mid morning and the other arriving after sunset, whereas today has been vile!

The coolest max since 9th April at 10.8c!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

I think we could be seeing more days like today during this month. Near stalling trough to our west/south west along with a steep thermal gradient is likely to lead to a lot of stalling frontal wave activity,

Still, we've had a lot of drier than average months this year so it's to be expected to have some wetter than average months now, especially at this time of year.

• Like 2

Guest William Grimsley

It was wet and mild with a light wind yesterday, here. High Rainfall Rate Yesterday: 2.8 mm/hr 18:08 High Hourly Rainfall Yesterday: 2.0 mm 17:40 Rainfall Yesterday: 9.0 mm High Temperature Yesterday: 14.9°C 12:39 High Wind Gust Yesterday: 7 mph 14:32 High Wind Speed Yesterday: 2 mph 21:27.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Sunshine with a shower...Posted Image And a smile....9.5c. Humidity  95%. Cloud Base 395 ft...0.6mm precipitation today. Total for the month  now 36.3mm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

No idea how to adjust that, I've off set the reading to fall more in line, but that's only evident on Cumulus, station still reads 1009, even after a rest. #annoying

I'm not sure how you adjust your WMR88, you'd have to look at your manual. I used to own the WMR200, i'd have to select the baro and then use the 'set' button to change it. Have you got an altimeter setting? Fiddling with that would probably change it. 

Currently 13.5C with some post-15177-0-61534900-1371394602.gif  - managed 10mm of rain yesterday, a bit more than i thought. Posted Image

Posted

I'm not sure how you adjust your WMR88, you'd have to look at your manual. I used to own the WMR200, i'd have to select the baro and then use the 'set' button to change it. Have you got an altimeter setting? Fiddling with that would probably change it. 

Currently 13.5C with some   - managed 10mm of rain yesterday, a bit more than i thought. Posted Image

10mm! You definitely in a micro-climate, I picked up only 4.6mm!

Posted

Sunshine with a shower...Posted Image And a smile....9.5c. Humidity 95%. Cloud Base 395 ft...0.6mm precipitation today. Total for the month now 36.3mm.

Artdemole, Looking at the name of where you live, do you get a lot of heavy rain? ;-) (sorry, I couldn't resist that one!)

Edited by egret

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm hot summer days

After yesterdays rain (5.7mm) today has been fine and dry. plenty of cloud but the sun managing to break through on the odd occassion

temp 11.9°C

humidity 79%

wind 4.8mph wsw

pressure 1007.2mb falling -0.2mb/hr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Guess where the eye of the Low is?

http://www.raintoday.co.uk

:) : :)

Heavy showers look like making there way through the West Country this afternoon. Plenty of them have hit Bristol in recent hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Just had a heavy downpour...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Its pouring it down here!

Posted

Several lightning strikes recorded on the NW radar between Wells and Burnham On Sea.

We're surrounded here by dark clouds and a few CBs visible in the breaks, the radar has Warminster area right in the centre of a dry gap.

Oh I think I may have heard thunder! Off upstairs for a reckie.

Posted

Several lightning strikes recorded on the NW radar between Wells and Burnham On Sea.

We're surrounded here by dark clouds and a few CBs visible in the breaks, the radar has Warminster area right in the centre of a dry gap.

Oh I think I may have heard thunder! Off upstairs for a reckie.

Yeah!

We have just had a close rumble of thunder here!