Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible Storm This Weekend Discussion

Skullzrulerz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

A concern with more storms possible. I think that the more the ground becomes saturated the more risk trees would be at risk of falling in less strong winds then if the heavy rain did not happen. And also weakened trees.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Well GFS could be interesting...

Posted Image

UKMO still going the less deep route

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Looking at the output, 60-70 mph gusts look a distinct possibility Liverpool-Manchester-Sheffield down as far S as S Midlands. Anywhere in that general swathe of England and Wales looks vulnerable to me. Obviously track and intensity are both still open to shifts.

Edited by CreweCold

Posted

Looking at the output, 60-70 mph gusts look a distinct possibility Liverpool-Manchester-Sheffield down as far S as S Midlands. Anywhere in that general swathe of England and Wales looks vulnerable to me. Obviously track and intensity are both still open to shifts.

Bring it on

• Like 1

Posted

GEM looks threatening enough for these parts:

Posted Image

Yep GEM has a deep low, GFS has a deep low and the GME has something very deep.

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

I don't really think the models have made a firm conclusion on these coming depressions yet and I think it is highly unlikely that it will produce 60-70mph winds anywhere inland.

The worst bit about it though is it means that probably most firework displays won't go ahead as it will just be raining and with moderate winds.Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Who wants a new thread???

only if you give it a suitable tabloid frenzy title!!

Posted

I don't really think the models have made a firm conclusion on these coming depressions yet and I think it is highly unlikely that it will produce 60-70mph winds anywhere inland.

The worst bit about it though is it means that probably most firework displays won't go ahead as it will just be raining and with moderate winds.Posted Image

You say that the models don't have a firm handle on developments then proceed with absolute certainty nowhere inland will see a gust of 60 or 70 mph...

eh?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I don't buy the GFS outcome of that low pressure, the fact that a yellow warning isn't even in place from the MO is a pretty good precursor to that, simply because they can put an amber warning out 4 days ahead of a potential storm coming from the SW quadrant which the models struggle with.

Posted

I don't buy the GFS outcome of that low pressure, the fact that a yellow warning isn't even in place from the MO is a pretty good precursor to that, simply because they can put an amber warning out 4 days ahead of a potential storm coming from the SW quadrant which the models struggle with.

Location location location if the progged storm was to hit souther areas there would be big warnings out, but this is partly because there is more risk of damage and disruption in the south due to population density etc..

Posted

Location location location if the progged storm was to hit souther areas there would be big warnings out, but this is partly because there is more risk of damage and disruption in the south due to population density etc..

Let's not go down that route eh? If the GFS was considered to be the most accurate model leading up to it, there would, without any shadow of a doubt, be an early yellow warning further North, as it is, there isn't.

The FAX charts tell a far better story. Posted Image

• Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

Damn. I'm near the S coast. So, maybe wind gusts will reach 40-50 mph, here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Let's not go down that route eh? If the GFS was considered to be the most accurate model leading up to it, there would, without any shadow of a doubt, be an early yellow warning further North, as it is, there isn't.

The FAX charts tell a far better story. Posted Image

This is what it shows

Posted Image

Nothing serious showing here

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted

Alex Deakin just mentioned it getting 'lively' and gusts to 50-60mph so it seems to be creeping up in terms of strength.

Edited by CreweCold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Seems quite potent?

Nothing out of the ordinary for this time of year by any means.

Edited by Cold Winter

Posted

This is what it shows

Posted Image

Nothing serious showing here

Exactly CS. There's nothing indicative to 70mph gusts further north. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun or snow, nothing in between.

Nothing out of the ordinary for this time of year by any means.

First year I've ever looked at any sort of chart, learner here :)