Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2013-2014 Discussion- Part 2

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

SevereStudios â€@severestudios 1h

Arnhem, Netherlands today! RT @lieloe: Wow! Net een #tornado langs ons huis... #nuarnhem pic.twitter.com/GCYUf6OVDX

post-18233-0-61881900-1383513107_thumb.j

• Like 4

Posted
Posted (edited) · Hidden by shuggee, November 3, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by shuggee, November 3, 2013 - No reason given

"For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction".

The winter season is most popular therefore it allows a positive multiplier to take place as we get ever higher activity, unfortunately this heightened activity also attracts the ignorant, the unintelligent and the trolls. In summer which is less popular we see less extreme members and more pragmatism.

I do love Netweather in winter though be it rejoicing at snow or listening to somebody in Hampshire telling me that i'm wrong when i tell him a front will be rain south of Birmingham only to be attacked by 10 people in the regional thread, of course in the end i was quite smug.

You really are the same judgemental, self-righteous, self-initiated keyboard warrior prick across all of the internet. I thought it was just an act for the roleplaying of the model house of commons. It explains quite well how your a Tory though dearest Nathan, you're delusional and arrogant; there almost like qualifications to being a member of the Tories. I'm sure you were smug, the same way your smug when you watch the lives of those affected by your beloved government fall into crumbling disrepair and chases to catch up-the bills.

Anyway, nice and cold today, hopefully it'll stay that way. Anyone got any reliable long-range forecasts?

Yes, I am who you think I am.

Edited by Deep Snow please
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Urgh, one place for that CFS run.... that place is the SKIP!

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Long RAGE forecast?

Posted
Posted · Hidden by shuggee, November 3, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by shuggee, November 3, 2013 - No reason given

You really are the same judgemental, self-righteous, self-initiated keyboard warrior prick across all of the internet. I thought it was just an act for the roleplaying of the model house of commons. It explains quite well how your a Tory though dearest Nathan, you're delusional and arrogant; there almost like qualifications to being a member of the Tories. I'm sure you were smug, the same way your smug when you watch the lives of those affected by your beloved government fall into crumbling disrepair and chases to catch up-the bills.

Anyway, nice and cold today, hopefully it'll stay that way. Anyone got any reliable long-rage forecasts?

Yes, I am who you think I am.

mate, you may be right, i don't know and really, i don't care. however, the weather has no political leanings so this really is not the place. though in the winter months, most members do have a tendency to lean towards the 'blue'

probably best if you take your political arguments and personal 'beefs' and **** off.

• Like 1
Posted

Long RAGE forecast?

I meant long range, edited. Although sometimes you can struggle to tell the difference.

What happened to my post?

Edited by Deep Snow please

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

I'm still onto the prospects of a cold winter after a stormy November, yes their be frost yes we would have mountain snow but it is November! but still interesting see where these elements bite first. You know what this winter is a difficult one to forecast for me, the Jet stream is in power the Atlantic active and mild, and this theme keeping going mostly I expect, but something noticable the track of lows, it's that sudden southerly movement that's been happening the last few years...

(sorry mods for my other OT posts. are take this bit of in a while)

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm
  • Like 1

Posted

I meant long range, edited. Although sometimes you can struggle to tell the difference.

What happened to my post?

Having received a number of reports from other members trying to enjoy the forum, your post along with a number of others that I have removed were both off topic and unhelpful.  

The topic of this thread is:

Look forward to more discussion and predictions Posted Image
  • Like 4

Posted

I meant long range, edited. Although sometimes you can struggle to tell the difference.What happened to my post?

I know I was only joking. your post might of been moved...

Posted

Having received a number of reports from other members trying to enjoy the forum, your post along with a number of others that I have removed were both off topic and unhelpful.  

The topic of this thread is:

Look forward to more discussion and predictions Posted Image

Surely if someone doesn't like what someone has to say, they don't have to read it. The discussion was somewhat relevant given summer blizzard was criticising those of us who only use Netweather in the winter and brandishing us as trolls, something which isn't true. I only use Netweather in the winter because I hate the summer and don't need the constant discussion of it.

Hoping for a mini ice age kick starter of a winter although I predict a rather more damp squibby mild november, wet december and frosty January.

Posted

It's because readers do not want to scroll through loads of un-related posts to the topic and it becomes frustrating for users on small mobiles. not only that it becomes annoying for moderators to remove lots of posts, they want to read as much as we do.

It's because readers do not want to scroll through loads of un-related posts to the topic and it becomes frustrating for users especially on small mobiles. not only that it becomes annoying for moderators to remove lots of posts, they want to read as much as we do. and another thing OT posts lead to more and so on.....

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: erratic weather,week of v.heavy snow or cold

to save a few necks..post-15601-0-37314300-1383516623_thumb.j lovely picture thats full of early promise.

Could you flip your pics round? I have to stand on my head to see them Posted Image

Edited by LincolnSnowstorm
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Here is how a rapid and unexpected transition from  a fairly zonal pattern to potent cold can occur, yes fairly brief but definitely potent.

The key here in my opinion is that low to the S of Greenland, you don't want it to phase with the low to the North West of it again, it detatches, you want it digging south east and it ultimately phases with the scandi troughing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by feb1991blizzard
  • Like 3

Posted

to save a few necks..Posted Imageimage.jpg lovely picture thats full of early promise.

Could you flip your pics round? I have to stand on my head to see them Posted Image

Glad you did that, was worried I'd have to attempt the handstand for a minute.

• Like 1

Posted

GEFS promising, showing decent signs as early as 180, not necessarily in this suite but, im certain within the next few days, some will start to dip below -10c 850mb temps. A few ecm ens go pretty cold on last nights 0z suite, as pointed out by someone on the model thread.

They just give you a glimmer then flatten everything again - *******  - ,  all about patience though.

Edited by feb1991blizzard
  • Like 3

Posted

A good few ecm extended members go not just cool but cold, remember these are for London so even colder further North if its Arctic airmass.

http://www.weathercast.co.uk/services/ensemble-forecast.html

• Like 1

Posted

As long as them Aleutian ridges get blasting away at that vortex, the long term prognosis is surely good, like to se more happening the opposite side of the pole though to really put the squeeze on.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

GEFS promising, showing decent signs as early as 180, not necessarily in this suite but, im certain within the next few days, some will start to dip below -10c 850mb temps. A few ecm ens go pretty cold on last nights 0z suite, as pointed out by someone on the model thread.

They just give you a glimmer then flatten everything again - *******  - ,  all about patience though.

Patience friend. Some interesting NH profiles showing up on the GEFS ensembles in FI now- which I expect will gather pace over the next few days. Remember, colder as November progresses.....

• Like 2

Posted

Patience friend. Some interesting NH profiles showing up on the GEFS ensembles in FI now- which I expect will gather pace over the next few days. Remember, colder as November progresses.....

Yes, im liking the long term hemispheric pattern, even on the ones where its zonal, there is still activity going on the other side of the pole.

Posted

full GEFS 18z suite, only very subtly but trending colder.

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/gens_display.php?ext=1&x=229&y=39

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

No change in thoughts from me, which still differs to many on here. I expect at some point tomorrow one of the models will throw a high to the north east in just over 7 days time. The pub run throws a slight tease and one which might gather momentum

Posted Image

Weak ridge there. Hopefully the trough next weekend will develop a stronger low over the Mediterranean than presently modelled which could allow heights over south East Russia to retrogress towards the Scandinavia region.  

Or I might be completely wrong, trying to see what some of the long rangers are trying to spot with this height anomaly over Scandi which showed up on Friday, specifically the JMA. 

Edited by Captain shortwave