Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 06/11/13 0000z ------------>

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

9.9C down here, just couldn't manage that smidgen to double figures. This doing well as we head for mid December and double figures(well almost), who would have thought it?

10.9C here, it certainly has been feeling mild of late, 11's and 12's here in the last few days. It's a shame it isn't sunny but it is bright. :)
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Mild it certainly is! Yesterday I saw a Red Admiral in full flight, a swam of bees and a lone ladybird on a Christmas Tree! Nothing unusual for the time of year Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Mild it certainly is! Yesterday I saw a Red Admiral in full flight, a swam of bees and a lone ladybird on a Christmas Tree! Nothing unusual for the time of year Posted Image

I know what you mean.... I saw this huge wasp like thing trying to get in the window yesterday which I thought very strange for the time of year!!

Posted

That Red Admiral was in our garden before it visited you, the wife told me of a Red Admiral basking in the sun in the garden.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I hope this of assistance to those not brave enough to enter or are simply confused by the MOD thread ramblings. Posted Image

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78671-model-output-discussion-4th-dec2013-12z-onwards/?p=2859355

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

And further to my earlier post, one last post for now.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78671-model-output-discussion-4th-dec2013-12z-onwards/?p=2859393

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Another, less popularised winter phenomenon I love is a really foggy & dark morning, which is exactly what I have now.

Thick dense fog blurring any artificial light it encounters and giving that eerie still vibe you get.

Edited by AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It was very foggy/misty down by the quay last night, it still is slightly, not so bad here, i'm just a few hundred yards up the road.

It got down to 0.3C this morning and it's currently 4C and sunny now.

Posted

Although I dislike working out in fog I have been treated to the beautiful sight of watching it lift into mist then low cloud and then reveal the sunshine 3 times today! Firstly in Westbury between 08.00-10.00, secondly in Frome between 10.30-11.30 and most recently at home in Warminster where it is now hazily sunny!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Still mist lurking about on the hills.  At least the sun is putting on a brave show.  7.3c.  Which will probably the Maximum for me...

Posted

Woke up to relatively dense fog here this morning, and it didn't start lifting till around 1pm, and finally cleared around 2pm! Feeling rather mild out especially in the sunshine :)

Posted

I hope this of assistance to those not brave enough to enter or are simply confused by the MOD thread ramblings. Posted Image

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78671-model-output-discussion-4th-dec2013-12z-onwards/?p=2859355

I am more than happy with the M word as I'm not a cold lover or a winter lover.  I like sunshine and I am definitely a summer person, there I've said it! Posted Image  Although I am partial to a bit of snow watch madness and I like to know what is going on.

The M word can stay for the foreseeable as far as I'm concerned as I'm out on my leaving do on the 20th of this month, (I've got a new job and I am leaving the old one after 14 years...*sob* Posted Image ) so I intend to look as stunning as possible, hence buying a new dress which needs heels, which are definitely not conducive to snow and ice. Posted Image

I am more than happy to build snowmen after the 5th of January weather gods.

Edited by dancing daisy
  • Like 1

Posted

Another very pleasant and rather Springlike day, actually the mildest day here for 4 weeks (14 Nov) at 11.3c currently under cloudy but bright skies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

13c and cloudy in Falmouth. Mild. Somewhere in Ireland must be nudging 16c today!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

13c and cloudy in Falmouth. Mild. Somewhere in Ireland must be nudging 16c today!!!

I think I saw Londonderry at 16C on the N-W front page earlier so you're right. 

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

What's this stuff falling from the sky this evening?!   First precipitation of any note since November 20th.  Remarkably mild day, temp still showing at 11.3C right now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Some spots of rain..Not a lot at the moment..  Mild 10.5c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

One word, minging.

It's a shame that we may not get to see any of these over the next few days either..

Posted ImageIMG_20131213_105114.jpg

It is indeed although nice weather station Posted Image I'm thinking of buying one of those myself in the new year as my current one is knackered Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

So it appears that a spell of colder zonal conditions are on the way. Talk of Scotland and northern hills getting some white stuff with cold filtering down south every so often.

In light of this do the higher parts of the south west benefit from polar maritime air or are we just out of reach for some hill top snow?

Posted

So it appears that a spell of colder zonal conditions are on the way. Talk of Scotland and northern hills getting some white stuff with cold filtering down south every so often.In light of this do the higher parts of the south west benefit from polar maritime air or are we just out of reach for some hill top snow?

It depends if the air clears to showery conditions rather than persistent/frontal rain. Certainly more of chance for the SW moors in showery set ups under the PM air, moreso overnight and first thing n the morning.