Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 06/11/13 0000z ------------>

gottolovethisweather

Guest William Grimsley

It was dry and cold with a light wind yesterday, here. High Rainfall Rate Yesterday: 0.0 mm/hr 00:00 High Hourly Rainfall Yesterday: 0.0 mm 00:00 Rainfall Yesterday: 0.0 mm High Temperature Yesterday: 6.2°C 03:13 High Wind Gust Yesterday: 6 mph 09:29 High Wind Speed Yesterday: 1 mph 07:59 Wind Run Yesterday: 1.1 mi Dominant Direction Yesterday: 76° ENE.

Posted

Here's a surprise then:

Bristol looks set to escape "Arctic blast"

DESPITE reports of snow later in the week for some part of the country, Bristol looks set to escape the "Arctic blast".

Temperatures in the city are set to hover between 6 and 8C for the rest of the week - slightly warmer than average for December. But the Daily Mirror reported yesterday that a cold Arctic blast is set to blow into the UK on Thursday with lows of -2C although the Met Office claims it could feel as low as -9C in the north of England. The North-East of England and Scotland are most at risk of the severe weather, which could include winds of up to 60mph. Snow is also likely in England, but only as far south as Lincolnshire.

Weather in Bristol looks set to be mainly dry for the rest of the week

Posted

There are 67 drops of rain in my back garden which I have personally counted, is that a weather front? Bit like the cold spell "blink and you'll miss it"

Oh good I'm going to Brissol this weekend so a chilling cold wind around the Cabot Centre is not welcomed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Good luck getting into Cabot Circus at the weekend, I don't envy you.

Last weekend was choca down there. Queues everywhere. Bath Christmas market, although very busy still, is well worth a visit though.

Hopefully something brighter than this cloudy, drizzly scenario will entail us by then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Good luck getting into Cabot Circus at the weekend, I don't envy you.

Last weekend was choca down there. Queues everywhere. Bath Christmas market, although very busy still, is well worth a visit though.

Hopefully something brighter than this cloudy, drizzly scenario will entail us by then.

I would try and avoid the a37 also, the traffic jams going into bristol every morning are terrible! Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Fantastic drizzle  this morning.. All of  0.9 mm . Sun came out just now. .Looking  brighter...Clear tonight...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

From Ian;

"W COUNTRY Once into the weekend, high pressure will dominate thereafter for at least 14 days ahead based on latest assessment. Dry, settled."

• Like 1

Posted

Blimey Ian does like to stick his neck out! We enjoy his every Points West forecast!

Seems my immediate area caught a more active part of the front as there's a few mm in my gauge and it came down quite hard in a few bursts while I was out working .

Slowly brightening now but by the time it does clear the sun will be setting!

Posted

I would try and avoid the a37 also, the traffic jams going into bristol every morning are terrible! Posted Image

Thanks guys, I'm going to let the train take the strain,not the quickest option, but.... in some ways the easiest.

So if anybody is going to brissol this weekend look out for me. I'll be wearing a red top with matching trousers, offset by my glorious white beard, stop by and say "Hello"

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 3

Posted

Slowly brightening now but by the time it does clear the sun will be setting!

Correct as usual Andy. Almost caught sight of it, but lovely post sunset colours all the same.

post-7340-0-89918400-1386174599_thumb.jp

Posted

Great pic John! I went up to watch the whole sunset period and took approx 20 pics but can't share any for tech reasons!

If you look now there is the thinnest possible crescent moon above where the sun went down, lovely sight.

Posted

Just read the post ..Had a look.. Saw the glow where the sun went down. The moon  showed up well. Along with Venus...

Posted

Clear..  light breeze 2.5 km/h  N.W. Temperature  3.7c.

Posted

Great pic John! I went up to watch the whole sunset period and took approx 20 pics but can't share any for tech reasons!If you look now there is the thinnest possible crescent moon above where the sun went down, lovely sight.

Thank you. The moon is just shrouded by that cloud, which hasn't moved much in the last hour.

Still, Venus is shining brightly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Below freezing here now at -0.4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

hello all,

Is there a storm coming to the northern part of UK...you wouldn't think so. I love the fact that the northern and Scottish thread are so chilled - if it was south west the forum will be posts every minute! Then there is the south east thread...well you have got to take a look. Don't know what is going on there, but seems a lot of excitement, chat and for some war and peace. I love netweather.

For us here in Newbury a wonderful clear night and all the stars are out to see. Temps have really dropped this afternoon - Am looking forward to this chill, albeit brief...currently where I am just on the outskirt of Newbury we are -1.3 , but feels like -3.3.. sweet.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Going by Ian Fergusons forecast tonight we will have 40-45mph gusts tomorrow.

I know that doesn't seem much to most people but thats the sort of wind we get down here most storms so i would think some people will be suprised at how windy it will be. Especially when you consider the fact that its been so calm for what seems like weeks on end!

Will probably go up Castle Hill tomorrow to see if I can get 50mph+ gusts as the winds are much stronger up there due to its height and the shape of it.

Edited by wimblettben

Posted

1.9c .Clear. Saw some early Geminids .Jupiter and moons were visible. Orion's nebula easily seen. Seven Sisters showed well..My ears were getting cold so came in not long ago.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

frost on my boat roof, still, no wind and every star visible.

Braunston, between warwickshire and northants.

storm my weeble.

and then I look at the fax charts..........

Posted

Morning all...

Woke up early as felt cold in middle of night... It reached -1.. At 4ish this morn. Nice frost on cars this morn, now a balmy 2 degrees.

Extremely still outside. I know we won't have much in the way of wind but a nice breeze and a bit if sunshine would be lovely to dry the washing! ;)

Posted

Very unusual but cloudy here. Not that cold, 7C with a light NW. No tumble drier the PB? Always handy in Cornwall especially if one is quite lazy like me.

Nope no tumble dryer... Refuse to buy one and let the energy company have more money off me...:) plus nothing like the sight and smell of washing drying/dried outside...( ps I have been known to nip to the Laundrette though to dry then towels n sheets)
  • Like 1