Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 06/11/13 0000z ------------>

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

The current output suggest it could be a tad chilly, Northerly looking quite possible, the last 3 or 4 runs showing the same thing. Interest is from 6th December, longevity is in question at the moment.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

It could be a 3 day snap, but there is talk that it *could* bring about a North Easterly flow and something a bit more prolonged. but many hurdles to jump before we can start talking about that.

Certainly looking like a good start to the winter on current output, at the moment.

Thanks for that.... Looks like the emotional turmoil of model watching is to start again!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Blimey, 100% chance of snow next Friday in Bristol. Watch that reduce by 10% each day until then lol.

• Like 2

Posted

Good ole Roger Brugge, I often print out his summaries for posterity. That looks somewhat chilly by Camborne standards, a nudge here and there the right way and you might well get some wintry bits. I am still confused by how to separate the observed from forecast, i.e. we can't observe something that hasn't happened. Posted Image

A diamond and dotted line. Promise me you will buck up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

A diamond and dotted line. Promise me you will buck up.

Posted Image Nope. Got it. Yes, one is a dunce sometimes. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I could have swore it says forecast..........................................

Ok, ok. The show's over. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Oh just realized my 1000th post was not YAY ITS SNOWMAGEDDON, darn it!Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Grey today ...All white Saturday week...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Grey today ...All white Saturday week...

Current GFS rolling out doesn't agree, hopefully not a trend setter

Posted

Hi everyone does anyone know the e-mail you send weather pictures to, to get them on points west forecast? 

Guest William Grimsley

It was dry and mild with a light wind yesterday, here. High Rainfall Rate Yesterday: 0.0 mm/hr 00:00 High Hourly Rainfall Yesterday: 0.0 mm 00:00 Rainfall Yesterday: 0.0 mm High Temperature Yesterday: 11.0°C 13:13 High Wind Gust Yesterday: 7 mph 13:55 High Wind Speed Yesterday: 1 mph 03:29 Wind Run Yesterday: 1.0 mi Dominant Direction Yesterday: 357° N.

Posted

It's the most active weather day since last Thursday with a fresh WNW wind, fast moving clouds and some hazy sunshine, in between times it's been calm for 8 days and either clear/sunny or extensively cloudy.

Double figures were reached here too which I wasn't expecting, though back down to 9.8c now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Just purchased a micro USB to female USB cable so i can access my bridge camera's files on my Android tab. I'm uploading a vid to YouTube, of the storm i had here back in October, it's not mega exciting but it has a nice crawler going across the sky, it's also an excuse to use this to upload and experiment with it. :lol: I'll post it in a bit.

Hope it works? Does it offer 1080p?

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

GOOD FLASH AND ROLL OF THUNDER. which camera did you use.

Gusting 22.0 km/h. Northerly. Cloudy .8.3c. 

• Like 1

Posted

Looking at the ECMWF sequence at the moment next weekend looks as if it could be cold and windy although wouldn't have thought much snow around. Certainly not in these parts. Mind that's along way off to be taking it too seriously.

post-12275-0-33223300-1385742235_thumb.g

post-12275-0-94816600-1385742245_thumb.g

post-12275-0-35436700-1385742254_thumb.g

post-12275-0-54143300-1385742263_thumb.g

post-12275-0-69929500-1385742293_thumb.g

post-12275-0-38236600-1385742309_thumb.g

post-12275-0-49115400-1385742336_thumb.g

post-12275-0-14041500-1385742360_thumb.g

post-12275-0-46313900-1385742372_thumb.g

post-12275-0-55280200-1385742387_thumb.g

Edited by knocker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

GOOD FLASH AND ROLL OF THUNDER. which camera did you use.Gusting 22.0 km/h. Northerly. Cloudy .8.3c.

That'll be the Olympus SP-720uz. :)

Posted

Just popping my latest couple of analyses in here for those not brave enough to enter the "boiling cauldron" of the MAD thread.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78508-model-output-discussion-18th-nov2013-12z-onwards/?p=2849088

and

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78508-model-output-discussion-18th-nov2013-12z-onwards/?p=2849115

A fun packed week's weather ahead of us for next week, that's for sure. Posted Image

Best Wishes

gottolovethisweather

• Like 2

Posted

Looking at the ECMWF sequence at the moment next weekend looks as if it could be cold and windy although wouldn't have thought much snow around. Certainly not in these parts. Mind that's along way off to be taking it too seriously.

Yep, the period from the 7th to the 10th December looks best for my patch but then again we are talking a t+192 plus timescale unfortunately, as you quite rightly suggest. I do feel this next spell of weather might have some legs yet though, whether its snow legs or just ice cold legs I'm not too sure, nor is anyone I guess.